Anyone here still using FILM?

st3vest3ve Acolyte
edited September 2010 in Life
Film ain't dead, just most of its users are. (har har)

So anyone still using it? I got me a lil' darkroom setup and I've gone through a couple rolls so far, nothing to show on a computer yet except for a crappy test roll I took to walgreens.

I lurve film though. If anyone cared, I could put together a little DIY film processing guide. It'll be around for your kid's kids, whereas I've lost digital photos a million times over, and all it takes to see the photos is a pair of eyes.

Comments

• My Mom Is DeadMy Mom Is Dead Regular
    edited July 2010
    st3ve wrote: »
    I lurve film though. If anyone cared, I could put together a little DIY film processing guide.

Do it, faggot. :D
  • Monk DMonk D Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    Do it, faggot. :D

I second that. I'd read it. A good layman's terms, chemicals list, DIY guide would be awesome. Most I've done is make negatives for screen printing and my small brain was fascinated by that.
  • IrukanjiIrukanji Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Do it, faggot.

And not for another few weeks, when i get's a camera(unless u scamzored me, or the post office is retarded and loses it)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    I would love to read that guide.
  • JayJay Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I used to when i was taking a photography class last year. Since I finished I haven't touched it, but i acknowledge its appeal. Film has better contrast in general, and the feeling of manual manipulation instead of digital is great.

Right now I'm sticking to digital, tho. I don't have the money at this moment to cover the initial costs (chemicals, tools and the enlarger, which is one expensive machine). The whole process isn't really that hard to learn, but as you go you learn new things and tricks that help you achieve what you want.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    Moved to Studio.