"Server too busy at the moment"

CrazzyassCrazzyass Regular
edited July 2010 in Help and Suggestions
This is with 27 people on. We're gonna need good servers, and soon, if we want this to work. I expect a sharp increase in membership over the next two weeks.

Comments

• DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited July 2010
    definitely just look at the increase in the past two days
  • OnesanOnesan Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    id have to agree with that, this poor little slice of vps is going to be fucked till it bleeds from all orifices if this keeps up.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Onesan wrote: »
    id have to agree with that, this poor little slice of vps is going to be fucked till it bleeds from all orifices if this keeps up.

Yeah I was just going to say. VPS's are fine and dandy for minor hosting where you want full control, but hosting companies definitely milk the crap out of it trying to make it sounds like you can host a website like CNN off one. It's really an example of cloud computing and my experience has been through seedboxes where "shared" servers are shared with 5-15 people. Some tell you how many are on your server and some dont. Makes the whole "Quad Core, 8GB RAM and Terabytes of space" look unimpressive when you share that with over a dozen of people.
  • NightsideNightside Regular
    edited July 2010
    I wonder what Jeff Hunter used.
  • OnesanOnesan Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Nightside wrote: »
    I wonder what Jeff Hunter used.

i dont know for sure however a educated guess would be his own server/servers colocated, or rented dedis, either of the options on a 100mbit line, no idea what percentile the line would be though, 95% maybe, a number almost pulled out of my ass mind you :D