Shocking...

NamasteNamaste Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Yeah, so tonight my friend and I went to let the neighbors dogs out and take care of them while they're away. Seen the dogs a million times, they're really excitable and all. Never had any issues. But tonight, I reached down to pet Gracie, and she bit my arm. Like, I think it was more a playful thing, and I don't blame her one bit, because if it wasn't a playful thing, it was probably that I messed up and did something to make her uncomfortable. I should pay more attention.

But it's like the worst dog bite I've ever had, and I just remember like not even knowing what was going on until after it happen, and it's interesting thinking about it now, because I was just in shock at the time, and I didn't even know what was going on. It was weird.

So I was wondering, have you ever had those moments where something unexpected is happening, and it all happens so fast you didn't fully realize what went on until it was over?
If so when?

I love to hear stories. =)

Comments

• Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited August 2010
    errr... you do know you have to get a shot, right?
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    Blunderful wrote: »
    errr... you do know you have to get a shot, right?

The dog was up to date on shots, and somehow, didn't break the skin, just bruised really badly. So a shot probably isn't necessary. Might be a decent precautionary thing, but... I don't care that much. XD
  • CloudcatCloudcat Regular
    edited August 2010
    That sort of happened to me when I got stabbed.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    Cloudcat wrote: »
    That sort of happened to me when I got stabbed.

I can't even imagine being stabbed, but yeah, I can see how that would be that sort of shocking moment. I'm sorry that happened to you, though.
  • CloudcatCloudcat Regular
    edited August 2010
    It was surprisingly not as bad as it sounds.

Suturing the wound up by myself was though.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited August 2010
    When I broke my back in second grade it happened pretty fast. When I whipped out on my moped the other day that was intense too. I was going like 35 around a corner and hit some mud and did like a 60 foot slide in a slip second.
  • ZigguratZiggurat Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Namaste wrote: »
    So I was wondering, have you ever had those moments where something unexpected is happening, and it all happens so fast you didn't fully realize what went on until it was over?
    If so when?

sex
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    Cloudcat wrote: »
    It was surprisingly not as bad as it sounds.

Suturing the wound up by myself was though.

Oh, yeah, I bet. Those kinds of things are always difficult to do yourself.
    When I broke my back in second grade it happened pretty fast. When I whipped out on my moped the other day that was intense too. I was going like 35 around a corner and hit some mud and did like a 60 foot slide in a slip second.

How did you break your back? Pretty serious injury for such a young kid, sounds like a potentially interesting story.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited August 2010
    I once shit myself.... not cool.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited August 2010
    It happens so many times.

When I was about 3, I was trying to cut staples with a surgical knife (i know :facepalm:) and I accidentally cut my finger. I didnt feel or see myself get cut, but when I saw the blood, i started crying. Same thing happened with my pet guinea pig.
    edited August 2010
    Oh, yeah, I bet. Those kinds of things are always difficult to do yourself.

How did you break your back? Pretty serious injury for such a young kid, sounds like a potentially interesting story.

it's really not. I was on a swing, one of those older ones that goes at least 20 feet in the air, was level with the bar, and the chain broke, resulting in me falling at least 20 feet.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010

When I was about 3, I was trying to cut staples with a surgical knife (i know :facepalm:) and I accidentally cut my finger. I didnt feel or see myself get cut, but when I saw the blood, i started crying. Same thing happened with my pet guinea pig.

Where does a three year old get a surgical knife?
    it's really not. I was on a swing, one of those older ones that goes at least 20 feet in the air, was level with the bar, and the chain broke, resulting in me falling at least 20 feet.

That's semi-interesting. But dang, must have sucked.
    edited August 2010
    Where does a three year old get a surgical knife?

That's semi-interesting. But dang, must have sucked.

No one knows if I had been knocked out or not since if I did, I came too before my ride got there.
  • edited August 2010
    The other day, me and a friend were in the woods making fires and shooting cans of hairspray in the fire with a Desert Eagle Co2 pistol. I threw this can of hairspray underneath a load of shit that I set fire to, and we'd forgotten about it completely. We were standing next to the fire reloading the pistol, when suddenly that shit exploded. And fuck, did it explode. A mini mushroom cloud went up into the trees, catching them on fire (thank god it had been raining, lol) leaving us standing in the middle of a firey, molten hairspray mushroom cloud. Of course, in real time, it happened like this...

*BANG*
    *Throws arm naturally in front of face and turns round*
    *Legs it in the opposite direction*

Anyway, that shit caught me off guard so badly, I barely remembered it until afterwards when I stopped and thought for a while.
  • edited August 2010
    Nasty car accident.

LSS: This guy in front of on the freeway us fell asleep behind the wheel hit the guard rail, wayyy over corrected crossing two lanes to the left. He slammed into this other guy that went off into the grass and slammed into a light pole. I looked back and all I see is this head half sticking out of the wind shield blood covered everywhere on it and I'm pretty sure he was dead. No airbags deployed. I guess cuz it was an older car.

So yeah. Fucked up shit.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited August 2010
    A few motorcycle incidents for me. I dirtbike a lot, but the machine is so old it's hard to find parts for. I had no back breaks for a few months, so I got used to having to only use fronts.

I dumped it on the top of a mountain, broke my front break lever. I got to go down the damn thing without any breaks. Ended up wedging myself between two trees to avoid going down a really steep path that had a sharp turn, and smashed down with all my weight on the gastank. With my balls. Fucking hurt for so long.

That, and I end up on fire a lot. Into Backyard Ballistics type things, flamethrower, etc...

Oh, and this 4th of july I got an idea with a friend to get the metal body of a broken airsoft Barret and ducttape/screw it back together with a mortar tube where the barrel should be.

Worked fine for him. I put in a double-burst mortar when it was my turn, and the lift charge failed.

I heard it fizzle, loudly said "OH SHIT!", and it exploded less than a foot from my face. The gun body blew apart, the screws were ripped out and the spotwelds torn off.

The fake butt of the gun that normally rests on your shoulder blew off the back of the gun and gave my friend behind me a huge bruise on his knee. I had many cuts on my face and was bleeding, along with my hair on fire, but nothing serious. I pulled out 4 handfulls of burnt hair that night though.

Happened infront of a lot of people though, mainly the local metalheads that were there, they gave me serious props for that and a lot of cigs afterwards :D
  • edited August 2010

Jesus Christ, you got a permit for that scooter dude? My story: A friend was pretending to throw a piece of fucking wood at me, then me acting all tough didn't flinch and the fucking wood flew straight at my eye, gave me a cut on top of, and under my eye. There was a mark on my eye as well. True story.
  • edited August 2010

Your guinea pig was trying to cut staples with a surgical knife?
  • edited August 2010
    I think he cut his guinea pig.
  • BukujutsuBukujutsu The Angry Inch
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, he was obviously trying to cut his guinea pig with a surgical knife. I always knew he had the origins of a serial killer.
  • brandonbrandon Regular
    edited August 2010
    my cat is wild. my cat plays and runs. he atacks me and bites me. it herts. it is bad. i say stop. but he bites me even more :o:o:o:o:o:o

he is a good cat tho cus i put on a blankit over my hand so it doesnt hert that bad :o:o:o:o:o
    edited August 2010
    Jesus Christ, you got a permit for that scooter dude? My story: A friend was pretending to throw a piece of fucking wood at me, then me acting all tough didn't flinch and the fucking wood flew straight at my eye, gave me a cut on top of, and under my eye. There was a mark on my eye as well. True story.

I don't even have plates on it. It's an old school Batavus that I've don't some mods too. When I'm done with everything it will top out at 45.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    It still don't get where a three year old gets a surgical knife...
  • AKIRAAKIRA Regular
    edited August 2010
    Pretty much for me i was going down a very long and steep hill on a skateboard, i was going down when the truck started to come lose so i jumped off, my right leg landed on the ground and my left leg caught the skate again, a wheel popped off and the board sent my leg to the opposite way and i slammed head first on to the ground.
  • Fetus-SmasherFetus-Smasher Regular
    edited August 2010
    Guinea pigs deserve to get cut, well done.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    AKIRA wrote: »
    Pretty much for me i was going down a very long and steep hill on a skateboard, i was going down when the truck started to come lose so i jumped off, my right leg landed on the ground and my left leg caught the skate again, a wheel popped off and the board sent my leg to the opposite way and i slammed head first on to the ground.

Sounds painful. >.<
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited August 2010
    I get a text from a friend while I was at a concert saying "Hey I just got stabbed by a 13 year old." I wasn't expecting that at all. He sent me pictures with him just laughing his ass off cause he just got stabbed by a 13 year old. That was kinda weird. I can imagine it happened pretty fast for him.
  • edited August 2010
    i stepped on a nail when i was like 9 and it went like half way into my foot. I just lol'd at first because it just felt like a poke until I looked at it and then I shat bricks.
    edited August 2010
    Guinea pigs deserve to get cut, well done.

Guinea pigs are awesome if you raise them from when they're babies.

1976.jpg

3425.jpg

guinea-pig.jpg
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited August 2010
    Bukujutsu wrote: »
    guinea-pig.jpg

Only pic that worked, but...

OMG KAWAIIIIII DESU~ ^____^
    edited August 2010
    Damn, they must have blocked hot linking. Oh, he site isn't working now. Well, it could be either of them, but these pics are well worth seeing.

http://www.thecuteproject.com/images/items/1976.jpg

http://www.thecuteproject.com/images/items/3425.jpg
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited August 2010
    Bukujutsu wrote: »
    Damn, they must have blocked hot linking. Oh, he site isn't working now. Well, it could be either of them, but these pics are well worth seeing.

http://www.thecuteproject.com/images/items/1976.jpg

http://www.thecuteproject.com/images/items/3425.jpg

Internal Server Error :)