I feel HORRIBLE.

NamasteNamaste Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Ugh. Probably mostly anxiety driven. But I feel like shit physically, and then I'm pretty much suicidal because I'm so scared about starting school tomorrow.

I figure by posting that, y'all will probably only make things worse. But shit, at this point, I don't care. I'm sort of hoping I can work up the courage to like hang myself so none of this will matter anymore. :(

Try to cheer me up? Or push me over the edge... whichever.

What is something you are TERRIFIED of?

Comments

• HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm not terrified of anything. 'cept maybe death.

Crazy bitches and their anxiety. Start smoking. It makes you 100% cooler instantly, and is also soothing as fuck. :thumbsup:
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    HTS-Noob wrote: »
    I'm not terrified of anything. 'cept maybe death.

Crazy bitches and their anxiety. Start smoking. It makes you 100% cooler instantly, and is also soothing as fuck. :thumbsup:

I'd like to. But I'm not sure it's my thing, and I hardly have connections for that sort of thing.

And weird, because death is probably one of the only things I'm NOT afraid of...
    edited August 2010
    Namaste wrote: »
    I'd like to. But I'm not sure it's my thing, and I hardly have connections for that sort of thing.

And weird, because death is probably one of the only things I'm NOT afraid of...

> connections
    > talking about cigarettes
    > your local gas station

Although weed is another good choice. So is crack. Meth. Heroin. Opium. Really, just about anything that people smoke is an awesome choice.

Except for moonajuana. That shit is just burning tires, I swear to god. Don't trust those Mooninites, they're lying cunts.
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited August 2010
    Meh I went to three different schools in one year. Not the same school year. It was a bitch meeting new people all the time. Plus I was only in 8th grade so I didn't really know what to think of it. It wasn't that bad. Just get through it. You've only got one more year left.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    Meh I went to three different schools in one year. Not the same school year. It was a bitch meeting new people all the time. Plus I was only in 8th grade so I didn't really know what to think of it. It wasn't that bad. Just get through it. You've only got one more year left.

Yeah, then I move on to college... a whole new and more scary experience. >.<
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    This^, i've moved in the middle of a school year 4 times and never to the same school either so i had to make a ton of new friends and fight my shyness to try and fit in. Drugs are also a good way to make friends :D

More worried about having panic attacks/getting sick or embarrassing myself than making friends. I have friends that go there and everything. That's not really what I'm so anxious about...
  • Swamp JunkySwamp Junky Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    You'll be fine. It shouldn't take long till you're not nervous any more, especially if you already have friends.
    Have fun with that "tell everyone about yourself" shit that you have to do on the first day of class. That's the only part I hate about first days. Those niggers don't want to know about me. :mad:
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, then I move on to college... a whole new and more scary experience. >.<
    I'm actually looking forward to college. I love meeting new people and you're always bound to meet someone who has the same tastes as you. Plus I have already met a lot of people that I'm going to college with so that helps as well.
    This^, i've moved in the middle of a school year 4 times and never to the same school either so i had to make a ton of new friends and fight my shyness to try and fit in. Drugs are also a good way to make friends :D
    I have always stayed away from drugs and I've never had troubles making friends. There are a lot of people that do drugs where I'm from though that I get along with just fine. I mean my best friend does pot a lot but he respects me for not doing it.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm actually looking forward to college. I love meeting new people and you're always bound to meet someone who has the same tastes as you. Plus I have already met a lot of people that I'm going to college with so that helps as well.

Yeah, it's just I have terrible anxiety, and situations like that can be scary for me. I mean, I get excited for new experiences, but I also freak out over all the little details. >.<
    edited August 2010
    I mean my best friend does pot a lot but he respects me for not doing it.
    I mean my best friend does pot a lot
    my best friend does pot a lot
    does pot

laughingelfman.jpg
  • LostInTheWoodsLostInTheWoods Regular
    edited August 2010
    I was like OP once, but i decided to just man up and just do it.
    Now i dont give a shit about anything and dont take anything seriously anymore, especially not myself.

Just try to not think about it too much, you will do ok
    If you start to overthink everything it will go downhill from there.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    I was like OP once, but i decided to just man up and just do it.
    Now i dont give a shit about anything and dont take anything seriously anymore, especially not myself.

Just try to not think about it too much, you will do ok
    If you start to overthink everything it will go downhill from there.

It's just anxiety issues, which a genius doctor told me were related to something physical, as they came on rather suddenly, no anxiety at all as a child, and there is no family history. But it's like debilitating particularly lately. It's not something I can just "man up" and get over, because so much of it manifests physically even when I'm doing my best to try and not think about it, and be calm.
  • LostInTheWoodsLostInTheWoods Regular
    edited August 2010
    It's just anxiety issues, which a genius doctor told me were related to something physical, as they came on rather suddenly, no anxiety at all as a child, and there is no family history. But it's like debilitating particularly lately. It's not something I can just "man up" and get over, because so much of it manifests physically even when I'm doing my best to try and not think about it, and be calm.

Yeah, i know the feeling...

Was the same for me, but i think im clear of it now.
    If i could get rid of it hopefully so can you.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, i know the feeling...

Was the same for me, but i think im clear of it now.
    If i could get rid of it hopefully so can you.

Yes just went to a doctor very recently, who is like fairly good at what he does, he's pretty good supposedly, and he said he was almost sure it was a symptom of some physical illness, hence all the therapy, meds, and other treatments never touching my anxiety. So I have faith that with this new approach, I may have a better chance at getting rid of it. I don't know. I suppose I'll have to wait and see.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    School in the middle of August? Talk about lame. I thought schools nation wide didn't start until the very end of August or September latest.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    School in the middle of August? Talk about lame. I thought schools nation wide didn't start until the very end of August or September latest.

They didn't use to. =/ But for the last few years they've started pretty early. =/ I mean, most colleges start around that time I think, but middle schools and high schools, at least around here start pretty early.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    They didn't use to. =/ But for the last few years they've started pretty early. =/ I mean, most colleges start around that time I think, but middle schools and high schools, at least around here start pretty early.

Shit, my community college gets out for the summer quarter on the 19th and doesn't start in the fall until the 20th or so in September. One of the few things I like about the quarterly system versus the semesters. I would honestly want to kill myself if I had to go back to school right now.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    My school always started in August, going way back to the early 90s at least.
    edited August 2010
    Ugh. Probably mostly anxiety driven. But I feel like shit physically, and then I'm pretty much suicidal because I'm so scared about starting school tomorrow.

I figure by posting that, y'all will probably only make things worse. But shit, at this point, I don't care. I'm sort of hoping I can work up the courage to like hang myself so none of this will matter anymore. :(

Try to cheer me up? Or push me over the edge... whichever.

What is something you are TERRIFIED of?

I had anxiety problems for years. Want to know how to get over it? Realize it's fucking pointless. Whenever you start to feel anxious, remind yourself you can't die from it. With some practice I learned how to completely avoid having panic attacks altogether. Medication won't help. Listening to bullshit about how it's physical won't help. It might be triggered by your hormones or your body fat (i.e. you're fat and hate being fat) or something else. It doesn't matter what it is. Every time you feel anxious, tell yourself you aren't going to. Dominate your feelings and the anxiety will stop or you will be able to at least control it. I haven't had a panic attack in years and I used to have them daily.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    I had anxiety problems for years. Want to know how to get over it? Realize it's fucking pointless. Whenever you start to feel anxious, remind yourself you can't die from it. With some practice I learned how to completely avoid having panic attacks altogether. Medication won't help. Listening to bullshit about how it's physical won't help. It might be triggered by your hormones or your body fat (i.e. you're fat and hate being fat) or something else. It doesn't matter what it is. Every time you feel anxious, tell yourself you aren't going to. Dominate your feelings and the anxiety will stop or you will be able to at least control it. I haven't had a panic attack in years and I used to have them daily.

Been working on such tactics for years. They don't work for me. I do my best to cope in such ways, and it doesn't work.

I think the doctor was sort of spot on... had other symptoms for just about as long... no doctor before has ever really tried to figure out what was wrong with me. I mean, things like that may work for some cases, but knowing what I do of medicine, there are diseases that can cause anxiety, and when you've ruled out everything else, maybe it's not just mental.

Just because that's how it is for you, doesn't mean that everyone else's case is EXACTLY the same.
    edited August 2010
    Been working on such tactics for years. They don't work for me. I do my best to cope in such ways, and it doesn't work.

I think the doctor was sort of spot on... had other symptoms for just about as long... no doctor before has ever really tried to figure out what was wrong with me. I mean, things like that may work for some cases, but knowing what I do of medicine, there are diseases that can cause anxiety, and when you've ruled out everything else, maybe it's not just mental.

Just because that's how it is for you, doesn't mean that everyone else's case is EXACTLY the same.

You have a victim attitude. You want to look for causes other than your own mentality. If you continue to play the victim you'll never get over it.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    You have a victim attitude. You want to look for causes other than your own mentality. If you continue to play the victim you'll never get over it.

I'm not playing victim. :rolleyes: I'm considering an alternate diagnosis since treatment for the one we figured most likely, did not work. That's how things work in the medical world. I don't see how you get that I'm "playing the victim" off that. I mean, for real. It's just more and Occam's razor way of looking at it. Assuming the simplest explanation is perhaps the correct one. All my symptoms, physical and mental, began around the same time, therefore, it's probably smarter to consider a single diagnosis rather than multiple ones, particularly since treatment for what we originally assumed did, like, nothing.

I mean, either way, I'm trying the basic coping techniques, so I'm doing that either way... they just don't work.

And you say I think the world revolves around me, yet you're assuming that everyone with anxiety had it EXACTLY like you did, and can do EXACTLY the same thing to get over it. I mean, really?
    edited August 2010
    Nobody WANTS to have a panic attack. I guarantee anyone who has experienced one has tried to fight it off with sheer willpower. Of course anyone who feels anxious is going to try and resist and say 'fuck no, not this time'. The problem arises when that doesn't work.

Your advice is pretty lame, sorry. But I'm glad it works for you. I have that same thing going on - I'm in control 9 times out of 10. All it comes down to I think is your mental fortitude. Your strength of will. Not everyone can shut the bad feelings and shit out just by willing it so.

Not to say they shouldn't try, but some people's personalities just aren't in line with that kind of skill.
    edited August 2010
    HTS-Noob wrote: »
    Nobody WANTS to have a panic attack. I guarantee anyone who has experienced one has tried to fight it off with sheer willpower. Of course anyone who feels anxious is going to try and resist and say 'fuck no, not this time'. The problem arises when that doesn't work.

Your advice is pretty lame, sorry. But I'm glad it works for you. I have that same thing going on - I'm in control 9 times out of 10. All it comes down to I think is your mental fortitude. Your strength of will. Not everyone can shut the bad feelings and shit out just by willing it so.

Not to say they shouldn't try, but some people's personalities just aren't in line with that kind of skill.

My advice is lame but it works 90% of the time for you? People who believe they are powerless are powerless. It's worth seriously trying it, and anyone telling her not to is only making her believe she's even more of a victim.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    My advice is lame but it works 90% of the time for you? People who believe they are powerless are powerless. It's worth seriously trying it, and anyone telling her not to is only making her believe she's even more of a victim.

No one told me not to. I DO try it. But it doesn't really work for me. So it is lame advice... at least for me. But I think the point he was making is that you're acting like it's a 100% thing for everyone all the time, and it's NOT. It works for some people okay, but just because it works for you doesn't mean it's going to work as well for everyone.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited August 2010
    It must suck being scared and completely lonely.... You're going into a virtually new place, pretty much nobody you know.... It will be like you're the new kid. Maybe you SHOULD end it before it gets to be too bad...... Or come smoke me up. Either one is cool.