Fun Stuff.

NamasteNamaste Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
So yeah, going over to that guy's house again tomorrow, probably gonna have a go at watching the Libertine, but it probably sucks.

Any ideas for what we could do instead if it's lame?

Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited August 2010
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, wasn't going for that kind of thing. I figured if things go that way, we'll figure it out.

But just like... things to do that are interesting. Because we talked for like four hours Friday... I'm out of interesting things to talk about, and he's sort of quiet most of the time, so it'd be nice to have something going on...
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited August 2010
    This will probably happen to him...

man_the_harpoons_in_time.jpg
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited August 2010
    I hear this movie is good. You could watch it and learn some things.
    free_willy.jpg
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    This will probably happen to him...

man_the_harpoons_in_time.jpg

He doesn't have a boat or live near the sea, so...
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    The movie is dark, full of nasty prostitute sex, and basically depressing. Overall I liked it, but that was mostly because of the aesthetics. The story is pretty boring.

You need to learn how to talk to people if you have nothing left to say after only 4 hours.
    edited August 2010
    Namaste wrote: »
    He doesn't have a boat or live near the sea, so...

It's a metaphor. I thought you read at a college level :facepalm:
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    The movie is dark, full of nasty prostitute sex, and basically depressing. Overall I liked it, but that was mostly because of the aesthetics. The story is pretty boring.

You need to learn how to talk to people if you have nothing left to say after only 4 hours.

But... Johnny Depp! :D

I have plenty to say. Just none of it that's anything interesting. I mean, it wasn't just that four hours. We've done that several times as of late, and talk on IM and on the phone a lot. I figure we're probably running out of interesting subjects to just sit and talk about for hours. Neither of us leads the most exciting lives ever, so it's kind of limited.
    Mayberry wrote: »
    It's a metaphor. I thought you read at a college level :facepalm:

Wow, you're ridiculous. If y'all can joke, why can I not?

(Not to mention, that song is stuck in my head... I thought it was a clever response, since it sort of fit.)
    edited August 2010

Wow, you're ridiculous. If y'all can joke, why can I not?

Can I not make a joke after you made your joke? Don't be so selfish. I'm just saying your joke isn't funny.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Can I not make a joke after you made your joke? Don't be so selfish. I'm just saying your joke isn't funny.

It might be if you'd ever heard that song. Or if you were me... or you were as high as I am. XD
    edited August 2010
    It might be if you'd ever heard that song. Or if you were me

Nice quick edit there Namaste; the only thing you are high off is your fat.
    youse cool
    SMOKE%20FAT%20TOBACCO.jpg
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    Nice quick edit there Namaste; the only thing you are high off is your fat.
    youse cool
    SMOKE%20FAT%20TOBACCO.jpg

Well... that makes no sense. I get the feeling you were trying to be clever, but failed miserably.

If fat and lortab are the same thing, then yes, yes I am.

But otherwise no. I mean, you don't see a lot of overly happy fat people, and I haven't eaten anything all day, so that wouldn't make any sense at all.
    edited August 2010
    Well... that makes no sense. I get the feeling you were trying to be clever, but failed miserably.

If fat and lortab are the same thing, then yes, yes I am.

But otherwise no. I mean, you don't see a lot of overly happy fat people, and I haven't eaten anything all day, so that wouldn't make any sense at all.

It might make sense if you've heard the song, duh!
    edited August 2010
    It might make sense if you've heard the song, duh!

Zing!

Also Johnny Depp has syphilis in that movie, so he loses his hair and teeth, then dies from it. Lol spoiler! :o:o:o:o:o
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    Zing!

Also Johnny Depp has syphilis in that movie, so he loses his hair and teeth, then dies from it. Lol spoiler! :o:o:o:o:o

Johnny Depp doesn't. His character does. And I know. But he's a brilliant actor, so...
    edited August 2010
    Johnny Depp doesn't. His character does. And I know. But he's a brilliant actor, so...

Oh wow, you're making a careful distinction in your post! Maybe you should have done that before posting your worthless jealousy thread.

If you already know he gets syphilis and dies, the movie is much less interesting. I couldn't sit through a second viewing.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh wow, you're making a careful distinction in your post! Maybe you should have done that before posting your worthless jealousy thread.

If you already know he gets syphilis and dies, the movie is much less interesting. I couldn't sit through a second viewing.

I've never seen it. I just know about it.

And most movies bore me anyway, I don't have the attention span for movies, but I'm working on watching every movie Johnny Depp has ever been in, so it's sort of necessary.
  • AKIRAAKIRA Regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't understand why women are so into Johnny Depp :confused: he's not even that good looking IMO (no homo)

qft, and he cant even act all that well.
    edited August 2010
    He's really boring in The Libertine. It's like watching Captain Jack Sparrow meets the guy from the ninth gate play an aristocrat. Odd and not very believable.