Getting back into the light (UPDATE)

EchidnaEchidna Regular
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Alright, so in a previous thread I said how I'm getting back into acting and getting my life on track.

Here's a picture from us on the set, there are a couple on my directors photobucket that I saved but this they are pretty much all identical. Anyway, check me out:

dn28w4.jpg

If you don't remember, I'm the 2nd from the right, next to the tall dark fella.

It's going pretty cool. I have a really cool shoot day at this club in philly, I'm pretty excited. I'll be back with some more info after I get my shit straight, my computer time is pretty limited though.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    I like how the dark fella holds his gun in the stereotypical nig way :o

Also, you're a neat guy, albeit a bit short. But then I'm short too, so who am I to call short :p
  • BukujutsuBukujutsu The Angry Inch
    edited September 2010
    Oh shit brah, are you gonna be on Jersey Shore?!

You look much better like this than as a guido. What's the film about?
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    omfg is that dave chapelle??
  • ScuDScuD Regular
    edited September 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »

Also, you're a neat guy, albeit a bit short. But then I'm short too, so who am I to call short :p

some of the best actors and performers in the world are shorties. its amazing what you can do with a camera. if i can sit down for an hour and they can make me believe a giant lizard is runnin around downtown new york like a big playground, then they can certainly find a way to make ANYone look ANY height.
    fanglekai wrote: »
    omfg is that dave chapelle??

he looks more like a skinny 50 cent
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, I know. Just pointing it out. I'm short and proud of it :D
  • edited September 2010
    This is great bro, well done for getting your acting career on the move. Oh, and glad to see you still remember &T! :D
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited September 2010
    That's really cool and I'm happy for you. Glad to see you're posting again.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited September 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    You can just see he's just itchiung to give it that full tilt. But he's holding back. :thumbsup:
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited September 2010
    bornkiller wrote: »
    You can just see he's just itchiung to give it that full tilt. But he's holding back. :thumbsup:

It also looks like he wants to cock his elbow slightly. Wish I had a camera so I could show you kinda what I mean...
    edited September 2010
    It also looks like he wants to cock his elbow slightly. Wish I had a camera so I could show you kinda what I mean...
    Hahaha...I noez what you mean.:D
  • EchidnaEchidna Regular
    edited September 2010
    Update again, filming has been pretty crazy, shot a lot of really cool scenes.

Getting back into acting, it's fun to see how a movie is really made, but it can get a bit grueling at times. We had this one scene that took us all day to shoot. We had literally 30 takes at a single perspective, we even shot the voice overs for the scene on set. A lot of it was adlib too so it was like every take, we had better content.

I've been meeting a lot of people and rebuilding my contact list with people in the business. This guy Vinnie I met up with got me an audition I nailed yesterday, and they want me to film a pilot episode for a tv show. I only had a couple pages of a script and it's untitled so I can't be sure, it seems like some kinda thriller drama, I don't really want to get caught up in tv work.

I've been working with another production company filming a different movie, also an untitled project. This director has been pretty cool about input from me, I basically rewrote a few scenes that we shot so far. It's really interesting that they'll take my ideas and turn them into filmable pieces of work.

I start acting classes next week as well, I am feeling more and more confident with my acting ability, but I know that my one weakness is my face acting. I show a lot of my emotion with my eyes and eyebrows and I need to learn how to use my full face. I'm pretty excited about that as well.

Anyway, we should be wrapped on my new film, Who is Jose Luck? by October, so I'll have some promo posters and pictures soon enough. We still have to do an entire photoshoot at the end of filming and market, premiere it, etc. I have about 200 people who want to check it out in person.

If anyone is interested, we'll be showing the film in different locations in Philly, NJ, and NYC. There are also have plans of submitting it to LA film conventions and festivals, so if anyone here is in these areas, I would be happy to provide you with free tickets.

I'll try to keep my updates to this page, mods feel free to move or sticky or whatever!
    edited September 2010
    Echidna wrote: »

If anyone is interested, we'll be showing the film in different locations in Philly, NJ, and NYC. There are also have plans of submitting it to LA film conventions and festivals, so if anyone here is in these areas, I would be happy to provide you with free tickets.

I'll try to keep my updates to this page, mods feel free to move or sticky or whatever!

That's pretty :cool: of you bro.
    Unfortunately I'm a the bottom of the globe. :(
    Good to hear your actings moving forward.....in leaps and bounds by the sounds of it.:thumbsup: