The BJJ thread

NumberjumboNumberjumbo Regular
edited July 2010 in Man Cave
Who here does it and how long have you done it for?

Also, ask BJJ related questions here. I've done BJJ for about 2 years so I know a bit.

Comments

• metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    I did BJJ for about a month. Sparring (without getting rapped) with experienced paractitioners of the art is one of the hardest things ive done in my life.
  • NumberjumboNumberjumbo Regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, it's fucking hard when you start. Some guy is like lying on top of you, and all you can think of is 'fuck'.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited July 2010
    I know its great in MMA but how would you rate it as a practical self defense art? It looks better for it than most except maybey krav maga or muay thai.
  • NumberjumboNumberjumbo Regular
    edited July 2010
    I know its great in MMA but how would you rate it as a practical self defense art? It looks better for it than most except maybey krav maga or muay thai.

I've used it in 2 fights I've had and I won both of them. Getting some guy in a triangle choke and holding it for like 10 seconds as hard as you can really fucks someone up.

Despite my story, it is actually a decent self defence martial art; because how many Average Joes know how to fight once you both end up on the ground?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAzYM3YNPEo