Delhi 2010 Commonwealth Games

AltindAltind Regular
edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Only 19 days until the Commonwealth Games will be held in Delhi, India. :thumbsup:

Who do you think will top the medal tally this games?
  • Australia
  • Canada
  • India
  • England
  • New Zealand
  • Pakistan
  • South Africa
  • Kenya
  • Scotland
  • Jamaica
  • Malaysia
  • Wales

Comments

• AltindAltind Regular
    edited September 2010
    Poor Delhi, they can't do a single thing right. Apparently most of the venues are barely finished and without landscaping.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited October 2010
    We got the super 7's.....the rest don't matter. :thumbsup:.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    I predict the stadium will collapse because inferior nations like India cant build a proper sporting venue.
  • BigBroBigBro Regular
    edited October 2010
    The Commonwealth games are a joke. You've got, what, Australia, Canada, England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales against Samoa, Trinidad and Jamaica?

Seriously? Why even bother? The third world countries are clearly disadvantaged. This whole thing may as well be renamed to Australia vs Canada vs the UK. :facepalm:
  • AltindAltind Regular
    edited October 2010
    That's half the fun. Nothing is better than putting Brits in their place. :)
    edited October 2010
    BigBro wrote: »
    The Commonwealth games are a joke. You've got, what, Australia, Canada, England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales against Samoa, Trinidad and Jamaica?

Seriously? Why even bother? The third world countries are clearly disadvantaged. This whole thing may as well be renamed to Australia vs Canada vs the UK. :facepalm:
    Actually! Samoa took out the 4 golds in weight lifting by individual family members.
    How often do you hear of that.:eek:
    Not bad for a smudge in the pacific, I suppose.:D
  • BigBroBigBro Regular
    edited October 2010
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Actually! Samoa took out the 4 golds in weight lifting by individual family members.
    How often do you hear of that.:eek:
    Not bad for a smudge in the pacific, I suppose.:D

I think Trinidad managed to net a couple of gold medals in cycling or swimming or something.

But a few medals is nothing.
    Take a look at the fucking Tallies.

http://www.cwgdelhi2010.org/

Australia in first place with 74 Gold medals.
    74 fucking medals.

Next highest? It's India. With 38. Yeah. 38.
    That's a difference of nearly 40 medals.

Why not rename this whole comp to Australia v everyone else, they're just dominating so hard.

How is a few gold medals going to help a smudge in the pacific take on Australia?

Also, I'm very proud to be Australian.
    edited October 2010
    I don't think that smudge in the Pacific was out to take all the gold medals. I think the target was personal gain.
    NZ is a fucked place, I have fuck all pride for our fucked up politics, their fucked up reasoning and their fucked up support for high income earners. You should be a proud to be Australian & lucky your not a fucked up Kiwi :(