Father Accused Of Biting Child's Eye Out Pleads Not Guilty

ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
http://www.turnto23.com/news/25288311/detail.html

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- The man accused of biting out his child's eyeball while allegedly high on PCP, then chaining himself to a tree and trying to hack off his own leg pleaded not guilty by a reason of insanity on Monday.

"It was pretty bizarre," said neighbor Ramon Rodriguez.

Rodriguez was one of the first to discover 34-year-old Angelo Mendoza on April 28, 2009 after Mendoza bit an eyeball out of his 4-year-old son's face and ate it, the Bakersfield Police Department said.

"The guy was crazy. Real bug-eyed; he had to be on drugs," said Rodriguez.

Tonya Hammond, another neighbor, said she noticed some changes in Mendoza a week before the incident. "Short temper -- just change," Hammond said.

Court documents said neighbors checked on Mendoza's son, Angelo Jr., after they noticed the father acting nervously and fleeing from his east Bakersfield apartment in his wheelchair. Inside, they said they found Angelo naked and bleeding.

Police said the boy had numerous bites to his hands and his eyes were swollen shut. Doctors said the boy's left eye and muscle were completely missing. His other eye was mutilated beyond repair. The boy told them, "My daddy ate my eyes out."

Rodriguez said, meanwhile, Mendoza approached him at a neighbor's vacant house down the street.

Rodriguez said the boy's father wheeled himself into the front yard and asked Rodriguez to play with him and a pet dog. He was wearing boxers and a sweater. When Rodriguez refused, Mendoza got off his wheelchair and dragged himself into a back yard, where he found an ax.

By then, Mendoza had stripped naked, police said.

He chained himself to a tree in the back yard and began hacking at his leg with a pickax while yelling incoherently, police said.

"He told me to look into the sun and pray with him. I was kinda scared for a minute," said Rodriguez.

Then Rodriguez said he jumped on Mendoza and wrestled the ax away.

"As soon as I grabbed the ax he tried to bite me, and I had to hold him down with my knee. There was dry blood around his mouth. I don't know if it was his own, but I'm pretty sure it was his son's now that I hear the story," said Rodriguez.

The police report said Mendoza appeared to be under the influence of PCP. Rodriguez said had he known about little Angelo, the outcome would have been different.

"I would've just let him cut his leg off. What happened to his son is not right. I would've left him alone," said Rodriguez.

Mendoza was arrested on charges of torture, aggravated mayhem and cruelty to a child.

Doctors said sight has since returned to Angelo Jr.'s damaged eye.

In August 2009, Mendoza was found incompetent to stand trial following the court's hearing.

The judge in the case ruled that Mendoza didn't understand the charges against him and needed additional treatment at a state psychiatric facility.

Two doctors have been appointed to evaluate Mendoza and a jury trial is set to begin on Nov. 22.

Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited October 2010
    I've never took PCP, but I'm sure it wouldn't make me eat my child's eye out.
  • LMSLMS Regular
    edited October 2010
    "Real bug-eyed;" I wonder if the reporter kept a straight face when that was said. :P
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    His defense is bullshit. I used to smoke mad amounts of PCP and I never acted this way. In fact when I smoked too much I'd be to sedated and out of it to do something like this. Anyone who thinks pcp makes you do shit like this has obviously never smoked it. This guy had other issues going on. Yeah sometimes you can get a little crazy on it but it dosnt make you eat people and shit:rolleyes: Your just as likely to kill if not more likely on alcohol then PCP everything most people think they know about it is BULLSHIT.
    edited October 2010
    I heard that shit was a lot like DXM. Which just made me trip balls.
    edited October 2010
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    I heard that shit was a lot like DXM. Which just made me trip balls.

The best way to describe it is the first time you ever got baked on weed combined with an intense non shitty DXM high. It is true that you feel no pain though and are very disoriented. It feels very "chemical" I dont know it's sorta hard to explain it's intense as shit though.
    edited October 2010
    I guess I'll just have to try it :)
    edited October 2010
    I guess I'll just have to try it :)

I'd recommend it. The first time I did it sucked because the dipper was weak as shit. Then I got a good connection for it and my drug life was changed forever. I love the stuff but I can't find it anymore so it's dxm for me. Trust me you'll enjoy it and you wont eat your mom.
    edited October 2010
    Good. Because I like my mom.
    edited October 2010
    Good. Because I like my mom.

So do I:fap::fap:
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited October 2010
    Don't tell dysgraphia about it!
    edited October 2010
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited October 2010
    Goddamn. What an odd way to go blind. If I was that kid I'd let him finish me off. If you were able to see the world once and you lose your eyesight I'd find no reason to go on.
    edited October 2010
    What an awesome story. "How'd you go blind? My dad ate my eye."
    edited October 2010
    Both of his eyes. ^^
    edited October 2010
    "Doctors said sight has since returned to Angelo Jr.'s damaged eye."

You niggas fail at readin
    edited October 2010
    :mad:

He can't see in 3D :o:o:o:o
    edited October 2010
    Oh fuck he'll miss out on all the shitty ass 3d movies :(
    edited October 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Oh fuck he'll miss out on all the shitty ass 3d movies :(

Whoever invented the 3d movie should be shot. Fuck every movie being in 3d now:mad: Avatar sucked.
    edited October 2010
    edited October 2010
    Double lulz!!! O wait....
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
    nom nom nom
  • McSkluvinMcSkluvin Regular
    edited October 2010
    I've heard of people doing all kinds of crazy things on different drugs, but then I've also heard of people acting normally. I guess because different people have different brain chemistry, they react differently to it, so unless you've done it before, you can't know for sure what would happen.

It also depends on the environment you're in, who you're with, and possibly what you had to eat and drink that day, among other things, like stress going on in your life.
    edited October 2010
    McSkluvin wrote: »
    I've heard of people doing all kinds of crazy things on different drugs, but then I've also heard of people acting normally. I guess because different people have different brain chemistry, they react differently to it, so unless you've done it before, you can't know for sure what would happen.

It also depends on the environment you're in, who you're with, and possibly what you had to eat and drink that day, among other things, like stress going on in your life.

This is very true. I just hate how PCP is made out to be so much more unpredictable then it really is. your more likely to do something crazy while drunk then on PCP but naked niggers caught on police camera convince everyone that it's some demon drug.
  • edited October 2010
    Sounds like this spic's subhuman instincts were drawn out by the PCP, same reason niggers get so violent on it.
  • edited October 2010
    This is very true. I just hate how PCP is made out to be so much more unpredictable then it really is. your more likely to do something crazy while drunk then on PCP but naked niggers caught on police camera convince everyone that it's some demon drug.

Sounds like the sorta thing which gives all kinds of substances bad names.