night jobs for profit

OnTheFringeOnTheFringe Acolyte
edited December 2010 in Man Cave
alright how about some real shit. hypothetically , this is a good way to make money however I'm having trouble expanding upon it. this is of course about robbing coin operated machines in the public. what items hold coins and cash in the public? i.e.-
  • change machine
  • parking meter
  • vending machine (candy,pop)
  • parking ticket machine
  • payphone

those are most of the ones I can think of.

what you will need
-Night op clothes that blend into night job scene
-tools to bust open coin op machines (crowbars,torches,picking tools etc)
optional
-2 way radio
-police scanner

preparation
find vulnerable spots, hide and plant your night op gear. wait until night-time.

you dont want to go out at night dressed like a thief in your night ops so here's what you do. go running in some shorts and mp3 player and pretend your jogging or something but just go to your targets and where your night op gear is and change.

method
your probably wondering how in the hell your going to get into all of them successfully, the only universal answer I can provide is brute force, which is also the quickest (using a torch possibly or explosives alternatively).

Both of these methods, especially the latter requires the coin operated machine to be isolated and away from highly traveled roads for one thing considering the brightness of the flame or the loudness of the explosive (one again use caution and as little explosives as you need to break open security locks and coin storages.) I would recommend thermite if anything for a safe alternative to torching.

Security
Get someone to play lookout with a 2-way and for complete security, an appropriate radio scanner. 2 ways are anywhere from $30-100 and scanners are $100-2000 but you dont need anything too high end (yet).

The Agenda
always, always google earth your op zone and best way to get there then create a complete agenda (write it down and follow it) for the night complete with E.T.A. for each event and the estimated time it will take to complete certain event(i.e. - reaching main street, reaching destination,completing main objective coin box ) remember not only to do your exit routes on google earth but to make multiple exit routes.

another idea is to bury the goods in a stash stop that you can slink away to in the night (in you best night ops gear of course) . i thought burying it near a ravine would be cool. The idea behind doing this is not having any evidence on you as you walk home and the cops happen to notice a wad of change in your pockets.

of course with this method i would also suggest picking it up the next day (before careful surveillance of the area where you buried it) and just before digging it up call a taxi so you can leave peace out without being hassled by the cops.

can anyone think of anymore coin op machines? or any other worthwhile night op targets ? i was also thinking of storage facilities...

Comments

• fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited October 2010
    Another night job for profit is a nighttime stocker at your local grocery store. They pay minimum wage, which is more than you'll get from a parking meter.
  • edited October 2010
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • OnTheFringeOnTheFringe Acolyte
    edited October 2010
    It's not xtreme enuff. im so xtreme i piss mountin dew.

exactly, I would of thrown in the night vision goggles but i thought the radio scanner was priority in security .
  • PsychlonicPsychlonic Regular
    edited October 2010
    From someone with experience to you, you are wasting time with these ideas. Eventually, all thieves will learn one simple fact: Go big or go home. The classification limit for thefts are only so high, and after that it's not like you rack up more charges if you steal progressively more expensive stuff. I think 10k is the limit, IIRC, so after that if you're in the same piece of property you can steal as much as you want and you're still only going to get the same charges you would if you stole 10k.

You can go ahead and run around jacking change, or ipods out of cars, or whatever, but you're going to retire early doing that shit because you won't make anything and eventually you will get caught trying to compensate low pay with more thefts. Then it will hit you that "Hey I have nothing to show for any of that!"

Obviously, you never get caught. That's a rule. And you spend serious time working out a game plan for any job. There is no excuse to not have a thorough plan in today's world. You have an entry plan, escape plans, you know the area inside and out. If there is something you don't know, you prepare for the unknown.

The only "change machine" worth your time is an ATM. Don't just hypothesize about it. Go up to it and fake a transaction while taking in all the information. Brand, serial numbers, etc. Then go somewhere else and look up all the information you can. See if they have a website. Companies LOVE to show off their security measures so buyers feel safe investing in the product. See what you are up against. If you're lucky, the website will have a patent number or two. Look them up. Look for faults in the design. Look for a way around the security. Don't half-ass your life.

For what it's worth.
  • electric wizardelectric wizard Acolyte
    edited November 2010
    The risk outweighs the profit. For a job to be worth doing, the profit must outweigh the risk exponentially. Do you really want to be the guy on COPS that gets arrested for ATTEMPTING to rob a parking meter for 8 dollars? Its totally worth the two year sentence.
  • NeonNeon Semo-Regulars
    edited December 2010
    I just got myself a police scanner to help me while doing this, it only took me two and a half years of saving the change I got from doing this and now I can get even MORE change!
  • edited December 2010
    Neon wrote: »
    I just got myself a police scanner to help me while doing this, it only took me two and a half years of saving the change I got from doing this and now I can get even MORE change!

Hahahaha, this. It's totally not profitable and there are many better ways of making some dough.
  • LMSLMS Regular
    edited December 2010
    .....now the Salvation bell ringers are out.....
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    ~$8/hr and legal, or ~$8/night in change and illegal. Hmmm
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah sure I'll risk jail time for three fiddy in quarters.

:facepalm: Dumbfuck