&T Book Club

edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I was thinking if anyone is interested we could all pick a book, read it, then review it together. We should stick to short stories and easy reading to get started, and if people are really dedicated maybe we can move on to more intense literature.

I'm out of ideas atm but go ahead and suggest some stories you think would be entertaining. I will do my best to track down and link people to an ebook version of every story, or they can find it themselves and post it along with their recommendation.

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    I highly recommended either Mein Kampf or The Turner Diary's.
  • edited October 2010
    The Turner Diaries looks like a fun and interesting story.
    http://www.archive.org/stream/TheTurnerDiariesByAndrewMacdonald/turner-diaries-william-luther-pierce_djvu.txt

It says the writing style was based on this book which also looks kinda good:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Iron_Heel
  • edited October 2010
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • edited October 2010
    I live 2 blocks from my library so I ran over there but they didn't have it. I will either buy a copy or use the one I linked for you guys. I'm going to read Turner Diaries regardless of what we choose.
    edited October 2010
    I live 2 blocks from my library so I ran over there but they didn't have it. I will either buy a copy or use the one I linked for you guys. I'm going to read Turner Diaries regardless of what we choose.

I'd also recommended Hunter by the same author.
  • edited October 2010
    Yeah I looked into that one as well. I'll probably read it afterward.

I started TTD and it seems awesome so far, but I gotta go now.
  • EppillusEppillus Acolyte
    edited October 2010
    I highly recommended either Mein Kampf or The Turner Diary's.

You can read? And that didn't put you off Mein Kampf? How fucking badly written did it need to be? Scrawled in crayon?
    edited October 2010
    I suggest 'Crash' by J.G. Ballard, or 'The Uncommon Reader' by Alan Bennett.
    edited October 2010
    Eppillus wrote: »
    You can read? And that didn't put you off Mein Kampf? How fucking badly written did it need to be? Scrawled in crayon?

STFU new arrival.
    edited October 2010
    STFU new arrival.

Well, I've certainly been put in my place. But I can't help feel that you havn't actually read those books, and merely added their titles to your swastika to be cool and edgy, amiright?
    edited October 2010
    Well, I've certainly been put in my place. But I can't help feel that you havn't actually read those books, and merely added their titles to your swastika to be cool and edgy, amiright?

cool story bro.
    edited October 2010
    What are you, an automatic response generator? Where's all the white power? Call me a nigger at least.
    edited October 2010
    What are you, an automatic response generator? Where's all the white power? Call me a nigger at least.

lol:p:p:p
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited October 2010
    I think this is a great idea but we need to decide on which book to read. I haven't read either so whatever is decided is fine with me. Maybe we should vote. Poll?
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited October 2010
    . . . Pole?
    Only if its long and black. :o:o:o
    edited October 2010
    I think this is a great idea but we need to decide on which book to read. I haven't read either so whatever is decided is fine with me. Maybe we should vote. Poll?

I vote and stick by my recommendation of the turner diarys.
  • edited October 2010
    Well, we can either vote or go with Turner Diaries. That's up to you guys. I've already started it so I'll be commenting on it once I'm finished. Personally I don't think it matters what we do first because I'm predicting we'll have plenty of time to cover everything. Plus I'm assuming people will randomly read some of the suggestions on their own time regardless of if it's the "current" book, and hopefully once they are finished they can come in and tell us what they thought or encourage us to read it sooner rather than later. Let's try to be generally open ended about this because I believe being overly organized is obnoxiously tedious.
    I suggest 'Crash' by J.G. Ballard...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_%281973_novel%29

That books sounds creepy. I'm going to check it out asap.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2010
    I like the idea. I would try to find Audio Book versions of the books :)
    edited October 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    I like the idea. I would try to find Audio Book versions of the books :)

If you can find an audio version of the Turner diary's that would be fucking awesome. I lost my copy in a house fire.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited October 2010
    Best. Biography. Ever.

0822549204.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    edited October 2010
    That books sounds creepy. I'm going to check it out asap.

I'd say it's the most erotic book I've ever read. Don't bother with the film though, it's a god awful face rape for such a respectable author.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm somewhere around Chapter XI of the Turner Diaries. I'm very pleased with it so far...
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited October 2010
    Is there only white supremacists on this forum?
  • edited October 2010
    I'm not a white supremacist for the record. Turner Diaries is just an interesting book.
    edited October 2010
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    Is there only white supremacists on this forum?

According to CuilinaryOverloard this site is a circle jerk of hate:o:o
  • edited October 2010
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • SLIMSLIM Regular
    edited October 2010
    If you like Turner Diaries, you'll most likely enjoy Hunter as well. I prefer Hunter, it's has less fiction to it than TD.
  • SLIMSLIM Regular
    edited October 2010

Mein Kampf wasn't badly written, I always hear this critique and no one ever elaborates.
  • SLIMSLIM Regular
    edited October 2010
    The Turner Diaries looks like a fun and interesting story.
    http://www.archive.org/stream/TheTurnerDiariesByAndrewMacdonald/turner-diaries-william-luther-pierce_djvu.txt

It says the writing style was based on this book which also looks kinda good:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Iron_Heel

Jack London's novels are AWESOME, the Iron Hell is highly recommendable.

It's been wondered whether JL was the author of might is right as well, being my favourite book. My 2nd guess would be Neitzsche.
    edited October 2010
    SLIM wrote: »
    Jack London's novels are AWESOME, the Iron Hell is highly recommendable.

It's been wondered whether JL was the author of might is right as well, being my favourite book. My 2nd guess would be Neitzsche.

Ive always believed he wrote it. A lot of people said no but the style and views fit him pretty well. Ive never heard the theory Nietzsche wrote it before. Even though Im not an atheist I'm a big Nietzsche fan. Hit theory's on the overman and advancing to become beyond good and evil were great.
  • edited October 2010
    Pakistanis sniff cum
    edited October 2010
    Mein Kampf wasn't badly written, I always hear this critique and no one ever elaborates.

It wasn't so much the writing style that irritated me as the rambling pointlessness of the whole text. Who cares what he thought about boxing, or smoking? All the lifestyle guidance just confirms that what he was trying to create was closer to cult than party or state.
    edited October 2010
    If anyones interested here is a PDF for "Hunter".
    http://www.resist.com/Hunter.pdf
  • edited October 2010
    might is right

I'm going to look into this as well. Thanks.
  • SLIMSLIM Regular
    edited October 2010
    The Uprising by Colin Jordan is like the UK version of The Turner Diaries; been having trouble finding a pdf of it though.
  • edited October 2010
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • SLIMSLIM Regular
    edited October 2010
    A UK VERSION OF THE TURNER DIARIES?!?!?

Do they sharper than New Point knives into real weapons?

lol, shut up.
  • edited October 2010
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • edited October 2010
    Everyone in their right mind should read The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Given the young age of many of you, it may even be assigned reading at some point in your highschool career. Amazing book.
  • edited October 2010
    I gave TGG a chance but got bored. I might try it again.

For anyone who has already read Turner Diaries:
    Although I like it a lot so far, I think it's kinda hypocritical. He goes on and on about all the horrible "atrocities" commited by non whites, using that argument to justify his cause, but somehow has no problem on the day of the rope when they hang a ton of women for being "race traitors." Although I can see how in that situation, from their perspective, it's pretty much do or die so the means justify the ends, but it still seems kinda fucked in the head. I'm going to finish it up in a day or so. I'm only reading it online otherwise I would be done already.
    edited October 2010
    I gave TGG a chance but got bored. I might try it again.

For anyone who has already read Turner Diaries:
    Although I like it a lot so far, I think it's kinda hypocritical. He goes on and on about all the horrible "atrocities" commited by non whites, using that argument to justify his cause, but somehow has no problem on the day of the rope when they hang a ton of women for being "race traitors." Although I can see how in that situation, from their perspective, it's pretty much do or die so the means justify the ends, but it still seems kinda fucked in the head. I'm going to finish it up in a day or so. I'm only reading it online otherwise I would be done already.
    I do see how it could be viewed as fucked up but you have to think of it as a war. In war a lot of morals go out the window so purifying the destructive elements could be seen as a good thing imo.