Ideas on how to advertise more on Zoklet.

edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I just had the idea that we should all go put "totse.info/bbs" in our signatures over there.

Anyone else have any ideas on how to fuck with those guys while we advertise ourselves? If they won't let us have our own thread we might as well just be obnoxious about it until they give up.

Comments

• Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited July 2010
    i was actually just going to post something like this. good idea i like it
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    Done.

Making more threads is somehwat useless because they'll lock them up or delete the entire thread/post itself.

It would be trully epic if the totse TTFN page had a link to THIS site rather than zoklet. Users in TRP, Totse2, etc could try to do the same thing if they want to bring people here.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    One step ahead of you. :thumbsup:
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    :thumbsup: Im on it!
  • CatchMeIfYouCanCatchMeIfYouCan Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Groups work well too. Make it an invite group only and send invites to people and have a link to the site in the group profile.
  • edited July 2010
    Bump. If you haven't done this, do it!
  • ShutMeUpShutMeUp Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Poast please don't be an asshole about this. don't "fuck with" Zoklet. you have your thread, and the posters will come in time. you don't need to be obnoxious about it
  • ZosZos New Arrival
    edited July 2010
    it's actually kind of sad...the number of your threads that reference zoklet. I mean..think about what thats saying to any new members who DO wander in.

"oh well damn, since it's all these guys talk about i guess i should check out this zoklet thing."

thanks for the advertising i guess?

try looking forward to what you can build this community into, rather than backwards, for once in your lives.

Oh wait... <looks around> ... i guess that's not a strong point eh?
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
    Zos wrote: »
    it's actually kind of sad...the number of your threads that reference zoklet. I mean..think about what thats saying to any new members who DO wander in.

"oh well damn, since it's all these guys talk about i guess i should check out this zoklet thing."

thanks for the advertising i guess?

try looking forward to what you can build this community into, rather than backwards, for once in your lives.

Oh wait... <looks around> ... i guess that's not a strong point eh?

That's true, but we won't be talking about it forever. It's already being talked about a bit less than it was yesterday.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    Will do.
  • edited July 2010
    ShutMeUp wrote: »
    Poast please don't be an asshole about this. don't "fuck with" Zoklet. you have your thread, and the posters will come in time. you don't need to be obnoxious about it

It's not against the rules on zoklet (yet) for people to advertise in their sigs. As for not fucking with them... don't count on it. Personally I think they deserve the embarrassment, but I'm not going out of my way to cause a ton of drama because I would rather kill zoklet the proper way, by slowly stealing all it's members. Besides, pretty soon the old crew will get here... I don't even have to tell you what to expect from those guys...
    Zos wrote: »
    it's actually kind of sad...the number of your threads that reference zoklet. I mean..think about what thats saying to any new members who DO wander in. "oh well damn, since it's all these guys talk about i guess i should check out this zoklet thing." thanks for the advertising i guess?try looking forward to what you can build this community into, rather than backwards, for once in your lives. Oh wait... <looks around> ... i guess that's not a strong point eh?

Instead of rambling about irrelevant, inconsistent crap that nobody cares about, you should try helping us out. Of course we're talking about zoklet right now. If you didn't notice we just migrated from there and stuff... and, obviously, it's going to be a popular subject for awhile.

Oh, and anyone who's registering here at this stage of the game already knows what zoklet is... and trust me when I say, they know it sucks a bag of dicks. Either join the party or fuck off.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Its been in my sig since the first day.
  • edited July 2010
    Anyone who hasn't added totse.info to their sig should do so now.

You can tell it's working.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited October 2010
    Don't forget to focus on getting fresh contributors! We need to find more people that are looking for a forum so we can get some more active discussions goin.

EDIT: Oh I actually clicked this thread: http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=6804 and it sent me to THIS thread. I skimmed it and thought i was about was to advertise totse period. Knowing that I say fuck zoklet, anyone who doesnt realize its complete shit and NOT a totse alternative or new totse is a fucking idiot.