Working on Black Friday...

electric wizardelectric wizard Acolyte
edited November 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Anyone else working on Black Friday? If so whats it usually like where you work?

I get to go into work at 4:30 AM this morning to deal with the rush of the century!
Pure win!

We usually have lines 100 yards long to get to the registers

Comments

• MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited November 2010
    where do you work? Im not working the black friday this year. I did last year at Wal-Mart and all i did was crowd control. Basically making sure people dont get too crazy, and it didnt. EASY day of pay and the day was over quick.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2010
    4:30AM
    4:30...AM

4...30...AM

FUCK
    THAT
    SHIT
    The earliest I had to get into work was 4am but I work on an Army barracks as a Chef. Who the fuck goes shopping at 4:30am?
    Oh man, I think I just broke the record for saying "4:30am" the most times in one post.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm watching some videos of Black Friday stampedes right now - I feel sorry for you guys who work :D
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited November 2010
    I do but don't have to go to work till 2pm. Then again, I don't have to deal with retail :P.

I did that shit before the Army, that shit was miserable. Fucking was dicksuckingmadfuckingfuckshit. It was bad. November though January being retail is HELL. Suffer through it now, go to school and GTFO

Luckily I've moved up (eh) and am an entry level attorney. Meaning... I get to do all the shitty paper work. It takes many O' beers a'night to keep thinking "just one more year, one more year." Essentially I'm an apprentice. Next September I become a practicing part of the firm. Law school/the first 1 or 2 blows.

But I like it. Better than retail. Suck it pussies. :D
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited November 2010
    It can get overwhelming
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited November 2010
    I have to work at 5:00pm this Black Friday. I work in a restaurant so it sucks dick. The too busiest days of the year for us are Black Friday and Mother's day with Valentine's Day coming in with a close third. I should start requesting these days off.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2010
    acid_drop, I work with the Army in England and know your sort. Gotta say, I love the Military banter and lifestyle. i would be in the RAF if it weren't for my Crohn's disease. That said I have an armoury of Military clobber from relatives in my room at home. Fucking fun stuff to play/scare with.

/hijack
  • RetrogradeRetrograde New Arrival
    edited November 2010
    RemadE wrote: »
    4:30AM
    4:30...AM

4...30...AM

FUCK
    THAT
    SHIT
    The earliest I had to get into work was 4am but I work on an Army barracks as a Chef. Who the fuck goes shopping at 4:30am?
    Oh man, I think I just broke the record for saying "4:30am" the most times in one post.

I had a job that had me work from 5am to 5.30pm. Granted it was 3-4 days a week but you never get used to it.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited November 2010
    Retrograde wrote: »
    I had a job that had me work from 5am to 5.30pm. Granted it was 3-4 days a week but you never get used to it.

That's like the opposite of being a hooker :o
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited November 2010
    I have no job but when i used to work at the library we had paid holidays (including black friday) and unlimited sick days :hai: that was an awesome job but everyone that worked there were douchebags.

Yes, yes you are :mad:
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited November 2010
    We usually have lines 100 yards long to get to the registers

I'd walk out the front door as the first person was walking in. Fuck that. Shopping during any day in December is far easier than Black Friday and usually cheaper.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited November 2010
    The general population is full of morons. You can get better deals at other times of the year. Check www.slickdeals.net. I save on stuff all the time and I don't have to sit in lines and freeze my ass off or risk dying in a stampede of sweaty, obese people. Most black friday "deals" are shit brands and shit products that people buy because they're $50 off. Lawl. I got more than $50 off stuff with Bing Cash Back.
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited November 2010
    does bing cash still work? i thought they cancelled that shit
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited November 2010
    Bing was cancelled, but I got hundreds of dollars back from it. Was win.