Allow users to post in NIMF

LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
edited December 2010 in Help and Suggestions
Here is a suggestion:

Let users make posts in Not In My Forum.

User could do this on the original totse, and some of those threads have valid discussion that users might want to continue, but do not fit into any forum. Currently, moving a thread to NIMF is essentially the same as locking it, so why not just lock the thread in the forum in which it was made?

Any thread that is worthy enough to be spared from being locked or deleted, should allow new posts. Just make sure that those posts do not add to post count.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    It was suggested in some thread by Vineman. I made the changes as soon as I saw it. Users should be able to make posts there now.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    Done, I rechecked it. I didn't set the forum as act. It's fixed now.
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited December 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    It was suggested in some thread by Vineman. I made the changes as soon as I saw it. Users should be able to make posts there now.

I had suggested it a few days ago in Katz's bitch thread, but it was ignored so I made a thread.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't really see the point of posting there. It'll just be a home for shitty threads. It'd be better to make mods move those threads into an appropriate forum or trash them.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    vozhde wrote: »
    I had suggested it a few days ago in Katz's bitch thread, but it was ignored so I made a thread.

Sorry I didn't ignore anyone :(. Next time make a new thread about things. It kinda makes my job easier. I value your feedback but it has to reach me, you can PM me btw if you want something done.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited December 2010
    At least make the threads not appear on New Posts.

And don't allow New Threads in NIMF.
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited December 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Done, I rechecked it. I didn't set the forum as act. It's fixed now.

Users should not be allowed to make threads there though.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    I made the changes. I suggest we wait and see what happens.