why is it...

That I by far prefer the first albums of both metallica and megadeth to anything else they ever did? It seems like both bands were far more thrash like in these albums :confused:

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    The first albums are usually the best or in most cases have some fond memories attached to them.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    Because you like them better? :o

like = abstract idea
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited January 2011
    I tend to like the first albums of some bands as well. System of a Down's self-titled album is easily my favorite, and The Black Angels and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club first albums are the best too.

I think it has something to do with the band being at its purest raw form when they first start out. By their third and fourth albums they are refining their style more and abiding by the feedback of their fans and gaining more popularity by doing so. Eventually they become mainstream and for the most part they start sounding like shit because trying to please millions makes you compromise style. It is hard for most bands to keep that balance between pleasing their fans and sticking to their roots.

Later albums are shit. First albums are better.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    It's this way with most bands. The first albums are just more raw and real than the later ones where they inevitably start doing it for money only. Something about becoming an asswipe with 3 mansions effects the music.
  • edited January 2011
    I tend to like the first albums of some bands as well. System of a Down's self-titled album is easily my favorite, and The Black Angels and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club first albums are the best too.

I think it has something to do with the band being at its purest raw form when they first start out. By their third and fourth albums they are refining their style more and abiding by the feedback of their fans and gaining more popularity by doing so. Eventually they become mainstream and for the most part they start sounding like shit because trying to please millions makes you compromise style. It is hard for most bands to keep that balance between pleasing their fans and sticking to their roots.

Later albums are shit. First albums are better.

I think you'v got it down pat.