Cleaning a Boro Pipe to a Tee

edited January 2011 in Man Cave
I've had this pipe for a while and have cleaned it well before, but recently it seems as though even though the pipe is spotless, there remains a faint odor of resin even after soaking in IPA. Is there anything one can do to remove the smell?

Comments

• skunkskunk Regular
    edited January 2011
    Rubbing alcohol & salt, or purchase one of those pipe cleaning solutions from a headshop.
  • edited January 2011
    Rubbing alcohol & salt, or purchase one of those pipe cleaning solutions from a headshop.

I did that alongside soaking first. I used 96% IPA (Isopropyl/ Rubbing Alcohol) and afterward rinsed it in hot water and washed it out with dish soap.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited January 2011
    Do you have a highly abrasive pipe cleaner to just scrub the shit out of the pipe?
  • edited January 2011
    Do you have a highly abrasive pipe cleaner to just scrub the shit out of the pipe?

I've been using a piece of plastic to scrub the resin out, but have been needing to get a pipe cleaner. I'm trying another soak and salt for longer this time.
  • edited January 2011
    What sort of pipe is it exactly?
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    Borosilicate right? alcohol and salt is all u need. but if its and old pipe that uv had for years then ya the pipe can be stained by resin.
  • edited January 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    Borosilicate right? alcohol and salt is all u need. but if its and old pipe that uv had for years then ya the pipe can be stained by resin.

I let it sit for nearly 12 hours in IPA after shaking, scraping, and another shaking and even still it had a faint hint of it. I've used it *daily* for nearly a year and a half now so what can one expect?