Your Zombie prep

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited December 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Ok this should generate some traffic, Dfg ;)

Guys, Girls. Gather round! Soon enough a Shit Hit The Fan or Zombie situation will arise. Why? Well judging the outrage from Wikileaks (no, fuck /b/) and the IMF going down the shitter somewhat, I started to wonder what life after the collapse of the known world would be like.

This led me to have a 2 day "bug out" in my room, in a bit of a nervous mood, convinced Zombies would be banging at my window, or gangs of thugs were ruling the streets, looting whatever they could find.

Now without filling out one of those .jpg templates where you have a bag, location, final boss etc, this thread is to discuss your action plan in an event of the end of the world as we know it.

Where I am is luckily close to an Army base, and due to work, I know the gate codes. If this plan is successful, I can take cover there. If not then I know of an abandoned warehouse just outside my City which is in the middle of nowehere, and a huge sunken motorway seperates myself and the City. Near this warehouse is a farmers' abode. If they haven't already died or fucked off, then there comes my mid range weapon. A shotgun.
Of course I would leave after a few days (maybe) after assessing the situation.
I would try and make my way to the coast, or find civilization after raping, pillaging and trying to emulate Mad Max.

My Bug Out Bag contains among others, the following:
First Aid kit
Machete
Bin liners
Food + Nutrition for 3 days
2 water bottles (500ml)
Water cleansing tablets
Drugs/Meds
Parachute cord (10m)
Penknife
Change of undies/socks
Hi-Viz vest
Pen/Paper pad
Condoms (for water)
Anti histamine pills
Batteries
Maglite
Cyalume chemlights (2x12hr Blue, 1x8hr Green)
Piece of paper with ID, DOB and info on
Gas mask (S-10 + Spare filter)
Beanie and Shemagh

Can't think of any more. Oh a few Mars Bars lol.

Your input? ;)

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited December 2010
    You're most likely to be met with hostilities at the army base.

My main plan would be to find a boat and stay at sea for awhile. Possibly land on one of the numerous uninhabited islands around here. Stay close to the boat in case anything happens.

Otherwise, I'll just dig a hole in my backyard and sit in there.

Oh and I'll be wearing a leather duster.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    1L of water is half what you're supposed to drink each day. You'd be fucked.
  • edited December 2010
    I'd probably barricade this place up as good as I could manage. My neighbors wouldn't last 5 minutes, they're old women. When they died off, I'd use the roof and get into their bathroom windows (this works on either side of the house so I could hit both houses this way).

When in there, I'd gather supplies from their houses. Any food I could manage, water etc. So long as the water stays running, I'd be alright for a while.

Not sure what I'd do for food after that runs out though. No stores around here for miles.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited December 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    1L of water is half what you're supposed to drink each day. You'd be fucked.

I'd just refill them using water purification tablets and voila! 1 in bag, 1 in hand.
  • edited December 2010
    RemadE wrote: »
    I'd just refill them using water purification tablets and voila! 1 in bag, 1 in hand.

Is it really that simple?
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Is it really that simple?

For the most part. As long as the water source isn't completely fucked. If it's ridiculously gross I doubt the tablets would work completely.

This kind of shit is why I don't like the idea of anarchy. Most people have no idea how to survive in the wilderness, forage for food, plant crops, find a water source, make shelter, etc. If we didn't have tools either we'd be fucked. You'd have to band together with people or die.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    I will read this later but in reality I will be fucked.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited December 2010
    Ive always been entertained by the idea of 'zombie fishing' in such a scenario, where im hanging out on the roof and there are an assload of zombies on the ground. Id set up this rig where i lower a rope down with a doll, a zombie grabs onto it, i pull it up, kill it, then eat it
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    I will read this later but in reality I will be fucked.

The idea of Muslim zombies is funny to me:o
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited December 2010
    The idea of Muslim zombies is funny to me:o

1216503977923.jpg.%5Broflposters.com%5D.myspace.jpg
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited December 2010
    I know where there's an abandoned forum......Fuck Yeah! I'll hide out there.
    "thedamagedone" here I come.
  • edited December 2010
    bornkiller wrote: »
    I know where there's an abandoned forum......Fuck Yeah! I'll hide out there.
    "thedamagedone" here I come.

Got me interested now, signing up :o

EDIT: This site sucks, also lol meta. I guess I missed the relevance to this site during my &T newbieness.
  • mafiabromafiabro Regular
    edited December 2010
    A Hatchet might be more valuable than a Machete in the long run. Plenty of reasons to cut down trees and work with wood.
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited December 2010
    None because you are all off your fucking rockers if you think an apocalypse is gonna happen
  • edited December 2010
    My zombie preps is nothing because zombies will never attack.
    edited December 2010
    Such buzzkills, mayng
    edited December 2010
    My zombie preps is nothing because zombies will never attack.
    ORLY! Because Zombies are all peace loving vegan hippies, Yah? :confused:
    edited December 2010
    Also what about a general collapse of the world as we know it? Economic fuckups, open rebellions and general Wikileaks-fuelled hishaps (if they gain support, and using as an example)
  • edited December 2010
    All sorts of supplies and guns and shit.

I'd also try to find some sort of a spear (Poking them through the eyes and shit) and a large blade like a machete or something. We're talking about slow, retard zombies, right?
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited December 2010
    Well as I aim to be doing some bushcraft things next year my BOB and my bushcraft bag will probably be one and them same.
    Not exactly sure what thee plan would be though maybe head up to some relatives who live in the middle of nowhere on my bike.

Oh and my machete came yesterday.
  • edited December 2010
    Oh sweeeeeet, have you got any pics of your machete?
    edited December 2010
    Yep here they are sorry about shitty quality pics (phone)
    2rpxpch.jpg
    It's only a cheap Tramontia one but once I have sharpenend it, it will all be good.
    edited December 2010
    Here's mine
    img01610201012131705.jpg

Gerber Jr, zipped to the underside of my bed in a sheath. I can even carry it on my shoulder holster. Combine with my long coat and nobody knows you're carrying it!
  • edited December 2010
    Here's mine
    img01610201012131705.jpg

Gerber Jr, zipped to the underside of my bed in a sheath. I can even carry it on my shoulder holster. Combine with my long coat and nobody knows you're carrying it!

Just buy a gun you fucking retard
    oh wait, you're underage. Enjoy your gardening tool!
    edited December 2010
    Just buy a gun you fucking retard
    oh wait, you're underage. Enjoy your gardening tool!

I'm 20, and the UK has shite gun laws. Even if I had an illegal one, I wouldn't advertise it here.
    Chill the fuck out, Fatty :fap:
  • edited December 2010
    I'm 20, and the UK has shite gun laws. Even if I had an illegal one, I wouldn't advertise it here.
    Chill the fuck out, Fatty :fap:
    Oh. I'm sorry :(
    edited December 2010
    Here's mine
    img01610201012131705.jpg

Like the saw on the back.:thumbsup:
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited December 2010
    kfc v lot wrote: »
    Yep here they are sorry about shitty quality pics (phone)
    2rpxpch.jpg
    It's only a cheap Tramontia one but once I have sharpenend it, it will all be good.

I have a Tramontia and the quality of the steel and shape of the blade is much nicer than that. It was about £20. Will edit with a pic tomorrow.

ProTip: Get some tape around the handle - it looks like the same shit quality wood as mine and that feel to bits the first day of use - self amalgamating tape will be best, makes a nice rubber handle.
    edited December 2010
    Oh. I'm sorry :(

coolface_RE_Online_Gaming_Stats-s321x267-90559.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    I'm 20, and the UK has shite laws.

Fixed.

Also, I heard those protesters who fucked with the prince have been caught due to the CCTV that's fucking everywhere in England. You can't have a good protest/riot without being identified over there anymore.
    edited December 2010
    Fixed.

Also, I heard those protesters who fucked with the prince have been caught due to the CCTV that's fucking everywhere in England. You can't have a good protest/riot without being identified over there anymore.

Balaclavas, motherfucker!

No srsly. Most of the protesters there were fucking n00bs. Majority are middle class wankers finding a reason to 'make their voices heard' because someone watched Forrest Gump a few times, and thought they were in the fucking 60s.
    The people that have half an idea cover their faces. Forward Intelligence teams are everywhere! Check out the website FitWatch (google it).

150608_marcvallee_anti_bush_protest_fit_blog.jpg

Absolute cunts, so people (who are intelligent enough) cover their faces, hold banners in front of the lens or generally stay well hidden.

That said, once everything is over, feel free to take your balaclava/scarf off and enjoy the after party like I did here...this was taken a while back though
    http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/3733/01052010438.jpg

Next time I hope there are more people willing to fuck shit up. For too long have we let the hippies rule! People need to turn up in ballistics vests, gas masks (I fear CS will be used at some point soon), with decent shields and molotovs.
  • edited December 2010

lol guiz i desecrated a monument to the only good ruler in my nation's history am i hardcor yet?
    edited December 2010
    lol guiz i desecrated a monument to the only good ruler in my nation's history am i hardcor yet?

Dear troll, if I 'desecrated' it then I wouldn't be up there, admitting my guilt, would I? The person who desecrated it is the other one in the photo. I actually got some good shots up there as it was pretty high. Only reason I was up there other than to pose for that photo.
    edited December 2010
    2lj3hgk.jpg

My machete is the nicest so far - looks like it is the only one that has been used rather than bought for an ornament. It is sharp as fuck where it needs to be too, its a nice tool for splitting, whittling and feathering wood, taking off bark and small trees down and, chpping waste and digging holes to plant things in.

It is a much better tool to make a steak - even on a fence post - than an axe or a hand axe.

Also, with the shape of the blade, it is very well balanced for me. I got the heaviest weighted end of blade I could so I could grind it down to balence for me, but I really have not had to - having used hand tools as hell of a lot I have strenth and stamina in my arms - the little extra weight does not bother me but it does come in handy when chopping at things.
    edited December 2010
    Well considering mine came on Sunday at least give me a chance to sharpen it :p

Also I didn't realise we were playing booze top trumps, there is a half drunk bottle of Laphroaig by my feet..

Cheers for the hint on the self amalgamating tape for the handle I was going to use electrical tape.

Btw did you make the sheath? Your machete looks well used..
    edited December 2010
    Get out and use the knife before you sharpen it - learn where you want it to be razor and where you want it to be a nice chopping blade, that is the beutey of a heavy knife with a deep curve in the blade.

You do no want to get it all razor only to chip it up where you are heavy with it and then chip the blade too much - well, all good working knives get little chips or gouges - say you are chopping a fence up - it is something I regularly use the machete for - it may have a stray nail or bit of wire and it can damage the blade when it is really sharp, learn what bits of the knife you want to do what with.

Use it for everything you can think of just to get used to it. The one I had when I was a kid was used in the far east in the '60's and I am sure it was made out of a leaf spring from a truck, it was a beast.

Booze top trumps is not something to play with me - however, of people fancied a thread of 'post all of your booze' I think that would be a good thread, might make it.

Yeah, sometimes the selfamalgamating tape can be hard to get hold of unless you go to a plumbing supplier, but its something I allways make sure I have a stock of in - you never know when you need it and you can get it at decent prices from the internet - that and bags of paracord. I have picked up bags of maybe 2 miles of paracord in the past for £3 - its in random leanghts 5 meters long to 1200 meters long, all different thicknesses.

Any one that needs a machete for work needs a supply of cheap paracord.

The sheath came with it, it is just some thick PVC thing with rivets at major parts. When that one falls to bits I will make a new one in its pattern with old leather boots and some old jeans probably.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    My prep is my Mosin Nagant plus a lot of ammo. With some molotovs for good measure.
    edited December 2010
    Good info there, rocker. I have to say, I have 100ft of paracord, cut into 10ft lengths. Will be using it when I go home from Uni for xmas, as a mate of mine is like teh 22 year old version of Ray Mears and he offered to sharpen it for me, but I think it will be like a day long survival course.

I'd fucking love a Nagant (was playing COD:WaW last night). Pew pew pew!
    edited December 2010
    Just a pointer, for anyone who thinks that "raiding the mall" is a good option...even now in the post-xmas sales, have you seen what's gone on? In UK someone got SHOT in the leg, stampedes in the USA and hordes of wailing females.

Plan ahead, sirs. Plan far ahead.