I don't want to see this place turn into Zoklet

metameta Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
With all the drama and shit going on around here lately, its been making this place seem more and more like Zoklet. We need to fix this shit, Mods stop getting so butthurt about stupid shit. :mad:

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2010
    For totse!

Chaaaaaaarge!
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    Too late.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    totse had drama way worse than this
  • Fetus-SmasherFetus-Smasher Regular
    edited July 2010
    It will start rocky, few people will say ttnf, then it will cool down.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Totse has always had drama.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    Again, sorry for the drama. However:
    HTS-Noob wrote: »
    Mods, please don't disagree or contradict eachother in open threads. That is my opinion. (when talking about a ban/rules/enforcement/ect)

This is probably the right idea. At the same time something about not letting the users know how we really feel about what's going on seems bad.

I don't like the idea of not being transparent with the public. Like if all the mods can only say good things about each other in open topics, it makes it seem like we all agree with everything that's going on. If the site starts to have problems, and the users feel the mods don't care because they're not allowed to show they do... well the site'll end up like Zoklet.

Something like that anyway... The users have a right to know that there are people on the staff who will fight for things like this. Otherwise it seems like we're one big hivemind.

Could be totally wrong, but *shrug*. The site is in it's infancy and we don't really have an official stance on like... anything yet. I'm a noob mod. I'm pretty much playing it by ear here.
  • abusernameabusername Regular
    edited July 2010
    HTS-Noob wrote: »
    Again, sorry for the drama. However:

I like your stance on this. I agree with it.
  • edited July 2010
    It will start rocky, few people will say ttnf, then it will cool down.

This.

Happens a lot on new forums, regardless of whether it's Totse or not. Once the weeding process happens, things will be more stable.

I think.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Drama happens but at least it gets resolved quickly. We will have more drama in future but hopefully it will be controlled :).
  • CombatwomabtCombatwomabt Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Drama is a way of life.
  • edited July 2010
    Drama is interesting anyway. Depending on what the drama involves, it can be entertaining and makes people stay in places.
  • easy-eeasy-e Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    meta wrote: »
    With all the drama and shit going on around here lately, its been making this place seem more and more like Zoklet. We need to fix this shit, Mods stop getting so butthurt about stupid shit. :mad:
    Well zoklet is the same as I remembered the old totse forums...absolutely retarded...wasn't that your goal? Continue the "legacy"?
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    easy-e wrote: »
    Well zoklet is the same as I remembered the old totse forums...absolutely retarded...wasn't that your goal? Continue the "legacy"?

lol but on Zoklet mods were much more power hungry and would hand out infractions for the stupidest shit. I just don't want that to happen here.
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    Everyone seriously needs to chill the fuck out for a couple days and let this all blow over. Fucking ridiculous.
  • easy-eeasy-e Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Everyone seriously needs to chill the fuck out for a couple days and let this all blow over. Fucking ridiculous.
    Murder/suicide
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    This is Zoklet2 right? :confused:
  • Fetus-SmasherFetus-Smasher Regular
    edited July 2010
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    This is Zoklet2 right? :confused:
    Watch out for this funny guy!
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited July 2010
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. This place as a good title that will get some good buzz.