How Does Your Family Celebrate the Holidays?

StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
edited December 2010 in Spurious Generalities
That is if they do. My family is mostly Christian and also mostly poor so we draw names from a hat and only get that person a single gift. Who you drew is supposed to be kept a secret but we always figure out who drew who long before Christmas. I picked my father's name this year.

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Always go to my Mum's Mum's place. Xmas evem xmas day and maybe boxing day. Just nice to see my family really.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited December 2010
    well we went to my grandparents house up until they died. now i mostly just stay home with the immediate family. GRUB & GIFTS.
  • edited December 2010
    My family bows in the general direction of a meteorite in a kingdom practically stuck in the middle ages, talks about how great God is in a language we can't even read, and pretend that we are killing anywhere near the number that our enemies the Americans and Israelis have killed, and pretend that our gutter culture will someday dominate the world.
  • edited December 2010
    We just eat a turkey on christmas day, have some relatives over and I get stuck up in my bedroom all day, bored out of my brains.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited December 2010
    We go for dim sum in the morning and then come home and play mahjong.
  • edited December 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    We go for dim sum in the morning and then come home and play mahjong.

Thread title says holiday, not horiday. Gtfo chink.
    edited December 2010
    Thread title says holiday, not horiday. Gtfo chink.

u jus jelus cus u has 2 eet grool n play gittin rape bi nigz
    edited December 2010
    Do asians even celebrate a winter holiday? :o

Depends if keeping Asian malls open on Christmas day counts as celebrating :o
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    I awake in my luxurious bed, wrapped in albino tiger fur and the choicest Hungarian goose down comforter to the sound of specially bred and trained canaries singing the Goldberg Variations (Glenn Gould's later interpretation, obviously), and upon opening my eyes I am greeted with the faintest first rays of the rising sun from the east-facing stained glass window, handmade by German monks in the middle ages. Then I sit up and ring my silver bell. A sexy servant greets me with my Christmas breakfast: imported Costa Rican coffee, English breakfast tea, imported almonds, artisan chocolate from France and Belgium, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and a sliver of ham, an assortment of fine cheeses, and belgian waffles with the choicest of strawberries and real Vermont maple syrup. Then I dress in my pure silk robe and go downstairs to see my 50' hand cut Christmas tree, decorated by real elves. Then I open my presents while Santa watches. After that I dress in my fine polar bear winter attire, complete with real polar bear head hat and Santa takes me for a ride in his sleigh to the North pole, where I fuck Mrs. Claus.
  • edited December 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    I awake in my luxurious bed, wrapped in albino tiger fur and the choicest Hungarian goose down comforter to the sound of specially bred and trained canaries singing the Goldberg Variations (Glenn Gould's later interpretation, obviously), and upon opening my eyes I am greeted with the faintest first rays of the rising sun from the east-facing stained glass window, handmade by German monks in the middle ages. Then I sit up and ring my silver bell. A sexy servant greets me with my Christmas breakfast: imported Costa Rican coffee, English breakfast tea, imported almonds, artisan chocolate from France and Belgium, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and a sliver of ham, an assortment of fine cheeses, and belgian waffles with the choicest of strawberries and real Vermont maple syrup. Then I dress in my pure silk robe and go downstairs to see my 50' hand cut Christmas tree, decorated by real elves. Then I open my presents while Santa watches. After that I dress in my fine polar bear winter attire, complete with real polar bear head hat and Santa takes me for a ride in his sleigh to the North pole, where I fuck Mrs. Claus.

Glenn Gould < Murray Perahia

When I listen to the variations by Gould, I get the impression that he doesn't give a fuck about music.
    edited December 2010
    That's part of his charm.
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited December 2010
    Well some of us get hammered
    some of us (me) get baked out of our skulls
    some of us (mom's side of the family) end up in jail

just depends on how we feel
  • VickyVicky Regular
    edited December 2010
    It's pretty pagan up here so:

Big bonfire and fireworks near my grandfather's house, get really drunk and hope to hell the men passing around bottles of whisky ain't the same ones lighting the fireworks.
    Exchange family presents (this was for when we were little kids so we would distinguish between stuff from family and stuff from santa)
    Oh and boiled mutton, awesome as fuck.

Christmas day: Huge dinner, sleep for a while, major partying and more boiled mutton at my grandfathers.

Boxing day: Major partying, more bonfires, more whisky

Fourth night(only celebrated here?): Massive party with few thousand people coming here.

Edit: Forgot to mention, Christmas Eve if very drunk, turn up at Midnight Mass with friends in YMCA outfits found in attic when looking for decortions.
  • xxombiexxombie Regular
    edited December 2010
    Moms family christmas is pretty scattered and sometimes hardly resembles christmas at all.
    Christmas eve: My sister goes to bed early, my mom kicks me out of the room and franticly rushes to rap all the presents.
    Christmas day: My sister wakes us all up at some ungodly hour. I hand out presents, we open them and flail wrapping paper everywhere. Then my mom makes some yummy delicious breakfast resembling the one fanglekai mentioned. Veging out for the rest of the day, while I help my mom and grama whip up some kind of semi-tridional christmas dinner.

Boxing Day is my dads side of the family. It's fucking rediculous. The aunts gossip and scrutinize me for being totally p0nx. The uncles drink and pretend they weren't married to them. For the first like, fifteen years of christmases there all the cousins would gather around the NES and play Super Mario 3, but lately that's been traded in for Guitar Hero and DJ Hero. Kids these days. Uber traditional christmas dinner, prepared by the women and cleaned up by the women, they way god intended it. Then the kids get $20 from the grandparents and the adults get nothing.
    edited December 2010
    xxombie wrote: »
    Moms family christmas is pretty scattered and sometimes hardly resembles christmas at all.
    Christmas eve: My sister goes to bed early, my mom kicks me out of the room and franticly rushes to rap all the presents.
    Christmas day: My sister wakes us all up at some ungodly hour. I hand out presents, we open them and flail wrapping paper everywhere. Then my mom makes some yummy delicious breakfast resembling the one fanglekai mentioned. Veging out for the rest of the day, while I help my mom and grama whip up some kind of semi-tridional christmas dinner.

Boxing Day is my dads side of the family. It's fucking rediculous. The aunts gossip and scrutinize me for being totally p0nx. The uncles drink and pretend they weren't married to them. For the first like, fifteen years of christmases there all the cousins would gather around the NES and play Super Mario 3, but lately that's been traded in for Guitar Hero and DJ Hero. Kids these days. Uber traditional christmas dinner, prepared by the women and cleaned up by the women, they way god intended it. Then the kids get $20 from the grandparents and the adults get nothing.

Ya that breakfast is win. Also, people think I'm you because of the dragoncock pic, and hit on me accordingly :o