Wisdom teeth

DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
edited December 2010 in Spurious Generalities
All 3 of them erupted correctly so there was no need for extraction.

Should I be worried that one didn't show up?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Maybe it will just come along as normal, just a little later? Who knows, mine haven't come through yet. Still waiting!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Mine came out but I need to get them checked. I think I might have to take one or two out.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    Get it checked. Better to get it over early than later.
  • edited July 2010
    Has your dentist heard about this?

If they're not worried, you shouldn't be.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, she said they looked pretty normal and since it's not conflicting with the neighboring teeth and I feel no pain, there's no need for removal. She told me the other one oughta show up in a month or so, it's been 4 months.
  • edited July 2010
    what if we had rows of teeth like sharks.:)
  • edited December 2010
    Bumping this, as mine are now coming through and it's giving me a really shitty sore throat, and pain on the right side of my mouth (that's the side which the teeth are coming through on at the moment).

Any ideas how I can stop it hurting so fucking bad?
    edited December 2010
    Get them removed.
  • edited December 2010
    I don't want to, I'd rather leave them in. I've had an X-Ray and they're not going to cause any problems when they come through, it's just that they really hurt for some reason.
    edited December 2010
    Then just take some painkillers. Like booze or heroin or both :D
    edited December 2010
    Update: I can feel the fourth one now.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    I had all 4 of them :). But I haven't gotten it checked yet. Fuck it :D I LIVE FOR THE PAIN FUCKERS!

But honestly I don't feel any pain, so I know I don't need to get them removed.
    edited December 2010
    I got mine removed cause they were covered by healthcare :hai::hai::hai::hai::hai:

Plus they healed up in a matter of days and when I went back to the dentist for a checkup, he was just "Where the hell did the holes go?" :o
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited December 2010
    mine arent going to grow in my dentist said, im the new evolution of human guyz.
  • boggleboggle Acolyte
    edited December 2010
    I had all of my wisdom teeth grow in about a month or two when I was 18, it really hurt like hell when I was trying to chew something and I had teeth just underneath the gum pressing together.

But it seemed like no one else got theirs so early, anyone else got them around that age?
  • edited December 2010
    boggle wrote: »
    I had all of my wisdom teeth grow in about a month or two when I was 18, it really hurt like hell when I was trying to chew something and I had teeth just underneath the gum pressing together.

But it seemed like no one else got theirs so early, anyone else got them around that age?

Yeah, me, right now :D
    edited December 2010
    Everyone I know got theirs removed in high school.
  • LMSLMS Regular
    edited December 2010
    One of my four never came in.....still hasn't and I never had any of my wisdom teethers taken out.

Poo on dentists. I hate them and their smelly latex gloves.

Oh, check to make sure that no food is stuck under the skin flaps. As they are coming in, that happens a lot and the gums can become inflamed/painful.
    edited December 2010
    ^ And aren't you like 40 or something? How the hell did they not show up?

As for the pain, I never felt any. I would scraped my gum off to touch the tooth. Hardcore for life. :cool:
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    LMS wrote: »
    One of my four never came in.....still hasn't and I never had any of my wisdom teethers taken out.

Oh, check to make sure that no food is stuck under the skin flaps. As they are coming in, that happens a lot and the gums can become inflamed/painful.

Why are you still on this site you smelly fat piece of shit?
  • LMSLMS Regular
    edited December 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    ^ And aren't you like 40 or something? How the hell did they not show up?

As for the pain, I never felt any. I would scraped my gum off to touch the tooth. Hardcore for life. :cool:

40? Wut? Nope.
    Why are you still on this site you smelly fat piece of shit?

Sorry bbs, I am not interested in you.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    LMS wrote: »

Honey use floss and don't worry they will come out sooner or later :).
  • edited December 2010
    Question is now, how long are they going to take to come through, and how long is this pain going to last for...

It's bearable, just annoying.
  • boggleboggle Acolyte
    edited December 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Question is now, how long are they going to take to come through, and how long is this pain going to last for...

It's bearable, just annoying.

For me it was about one week per tooth
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    I got mine removed before they ever came in. I remember showing up, them giving me an IV and saying count backwards from 100. I said "whoa this feels good" and was out about 8 seconds later. When they woke me up I kept trying to go back to sleep, someone had to help me to the car, and then I passed out in the car. I somehow made it to my bed and woke up what I thought was a few hours later. Turns out I had slept for an entire day. I woke up at like 11:30 pm and was pissed it wasn't breakfast time :mad:

The only shitty part about the experience was not being able to eat much for a couple days. I didn't even need the painkillers.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited December 2010
    I have 1 left to come through. Just wait it out. Is it top or bottom jaw?
    The worst thing I find about them is when you bite...and take out a chunk of your jaw.
  • edited December 2010
    RemadE wrote: »
    I have 1 left to come through. Just wait it out. Is it top or bottom jaw?
    The worst thing I find about them is when you bite...and take out a chunk of your jaw.

Mine's bottom right at the moment. I've had a persistent sore throat for the last couple of weeks :facepalm: