• AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Because its actually funny.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    becuz its P gay
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    It's only natural. American humor sucks, and it bothers you that humor from a foreign country could be so vastly superior.
  • edited July 2010
    I enjoy a mixture of British and American humor. I still can't decide which is better.

Some things just aren't funny to a point where they are embarrassing though.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    HTS-Noob wrote: »
    It's only natural. American humor sucks, and it bothers you that humor from a foreign country could be so vastly superior.

I rarely laugh at American comedy... Its like they're attempting to put it in your face and scream 'laugh at this it is funny' when it isn't funny at all. :o
  • logiclogic Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Anonymous wrote: »
    I rarely laugh at American comedy... Its like they're attempting to put it in your face and scream 'laugh at this it is funny' when it isn't funny at all. :o
    Wow, this is exactly how I feel about British humor. It's just so forced IMHO. I feel like it's very juvenile and tasteless… like this, for example:

9e2a1f9f.jpg

I mean, come on… really? All of that shit sounds like it's coming from a really shitty 3rd grade student.

&like, since when is saying "Happy Birthday" to someone on their birthday considered to be clever? :confused:

:facepalm:
  • SolverTSolverT Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    American comedy sucks, there was some black American comedian on tv the other night, shit was fucking depressing as it's normally a good comedy show, was pretty lulzy cuz none of the audience laughed at his jokeS

edit check out some of these guys;

russell Howard, andy parsons, dara o brien,frankie Boyle, rhod Gilbert, to name a few to start with

and to the post above that's comedy for an old woman
  • edited July 2010
    logic wrote: »
    &like, since when is saying "Happy Birthday" to someone on their birthday considered to be clever? :confused:

I agree to this post, but the shit seen in the picture isn't comedy at all anyway. Its just... terrible, regardless of where it came from.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited July 2010
    Wow, this is exactly how I feel about British humor. It's just so forced IMHO. I feel like it's very juvenile and tasteless… like this, for example:

9e2a1f9f.jpg

I mean, come on… really? All of that shit sounds like it's coming from a really shitty 3rd grade student.

I want to hurt that man. He seems obnoxious, and has the sense of humor equivalent to that of someone with downs syndrom.
    edited July 2010

9e2a1f9f.jpg

captain-obvious.jpg
  • logiclogic Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    SolverT wrote: »
    American comedy sucks, there was some black American comedian on tv the other night, shit was fucking depressing as it's normally a good comedy show, was pretty lulzy cuz none of the audience laughed at his jokeS

edit check out some of these guys;

russell Howard, andy parsons, dara o brien,frankie Boyle, rhod Gilbert, to name a few to start with

and to the post above that's comedy for an old woman

You're giving me work to do. No.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    British humor is like when someone breaks their ankle at work and the bone's all stickin' out of their skin and shit. Then their boss walks up to them and goes 'well you'll need the day off then?'.

American humour is like a kick in the nuts from a horse. Owww.
    edited July 2010
    British humor is like when someone breaks their ankle at work and the bone's all stickin' out of their skin and shit. Then their boss walks up to them and goes 'well you'll need the day off then?'.

American humour is like a kick in the nuts from a horse. Owww.

Thats actually pretty funny.

Its like that south park episode when they throw the pig corpse off the building, and it explodes upon hitting the ground, and the doctor goes to check his pulse and says "he... didnt make it"

Thats fucking funny.:D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    I get both of them but Bristish humor seems dry, while American humor seems vulgar and spicy. Niggers anyone.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't know how to put it into words, but British comedy provides a different experience than American comedy. They both have their ups and downs, but I enjoy watching both.
  • mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited July 2010
    It's mostly because people who enjoy British comedy (and British people in general) seem to think that they're more sophisticated and intelligent than people who don't. Which is not only aggravating, but also untrue.

There are a few examples of good, even great, British comedy but for the most part it sucks crusty asshole.
  • Sasha GrapeSasha Grape Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    A guy's at a nude beach in France. A cop comes running to him and yells, "Monsieur! Stop! What are you doing?? She's dead!" and the guy jumps off and says, "Oh, I thought she was English!"

Is that British or American humor? In any case, it just shows how the British are. Dry and cold and boring. Except "The Office," which is the only instance of British comedy which has worked in the US, but that's because we appreciate awkwardness more so than cold wit and smartassery.
  • NumberjumboNumberjumbo Regular
    edited July 2010
    Mr Bean's the only good british humour.
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    I really like the Ricky Gervais show, although that's not so much British humor as it is two British guys making fun of another very stupid British guy.