I got a new gun

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited December 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I just got a Mauser model 1924 from Yugoslavia in excellent condition. I can't wait to shoot this thing tommorow. The wood and the steel are in almost perfect condition. Discuss:o

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Sweet ass tits, what kind of round does it chamber?
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    Sweet ass tits, what kind of round does it chamber?

.8mm. It's actually slightly bigger than what my Mosin fires.
    8mm_mauser-v.jpg
    edited December 2010
    Sounds pretty damn snazzy :o Do you have a picture of it?

No camera right now but once I get access to one I'll take pics. God damnit I want it to be tommorow so I can shoot it.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited December 2010
    No camera right now

Are you serious?
    edited December 2010
    Are you serious?

Yeah I don't own a camera so I have to wait until someone is around with a cell phone camera to take pics. I know it's fail but it's how it is.
    edited December 2010
    Lol, poor fuck.
    edited December 2010
    Lol, poor fuck.

I'm not poor:mad:
  • Doktor NickDoktor Nick Semo-Regulars
    edited December 2010
    Very nice, my friend loves his swedish mauser, it's a blast to shoot. I suppose 8mm is a standard cartridge, or do you need surplus stuff?
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited December 2010
    Early christmas present?
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited December 2010
    sounds cool as shit. what other guns do you have? once i get some money saved up id love to start a gun collection. any recommendations for a beginners hand gun?
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited December 2010
    vz24new.jpg
    I'm guessing it looks like that.
    edited December 2010
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Early christmas present?

Yep. We've always exchanged gifts on Christmas eve so it's not really early in my family.
    sounds cool as shit. what other guns do you have? once i get some money saved up id love to start a gun collection. any recommendations for a beginners hand gun?

I can't really help you out with handguns since I don't own one. Your best betr is to ask Acid Drop Lavared or Fatty mcfuckface about pistols. As a first gun though I recommend the remington 870 shotgun por a good mil surp rifle like the Mauser or Mosin Nagant. Spazz could probably help[ you out on handguns as well. i wanna get an 1911 as my first one.

QUOTE=Gary Oak;106510]vz24new.jpg
    I'm guessing it looks like that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's the same rifle in the pic but the wood on mine is darker. The condition is amazing though. For such an old gun it seems almost unused. It beats the hell out of the nagant though I can already tell that.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited December 2010
    It looks awesome.
    edited December 2010
    Yep. We've always exchanged gifts on Christmas eve so it's not really early in my family.
    All I got was 2X 15 packs of beer. (From myself) :(
    edited December 2010
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    It looks awesome.

It is. I'm dying to shoot this thing. My goal is to one day own a gun from each of the major country's involved in WW2. I have a mosin and a Mauser so now I need an Arisaka a M1 garand a lee enfield and a mosin m44. I also want a Russian draggoon from ww1 some day.
  • homeslice4700homeslice4700 Regular
    edited December 2010
    I can help with pistols I used to own a shit load of em and that looks like the rifle the germans used in WWII ? and you got it in top condition? That's incredible how much did you pay?? and good luck finding a M1 :)
  • edited December 2010
    Looks awesome dude, reminds me of playing various computer games. I hope you get us a nice picture :D
    edited December 2010
    spazz wrote: »
    My dad had one of those. He swore up and down it was much better then a mossin. I never seen the Mauser so i cant tell you.

I just shot it a few times and I can say it is better than the Mosin. The accuracy of this gun is incredible. The kick is very similar to the quick snap of the Mosin M44.

I can help with pistols I used to own a shit load of em and that looks like the rifle the germans used in WWII ? and you got it in top condition? That's incredible how much did you pay?? and good luck finding a M1 :)

It cost around 200 bucks.
  • Doktor NickDoktor Nick Semo-Regulars
    edited December 2010
    Mossins aren't made to be nice, they're made to last decades. Just saying. :D
    edited December 2010
    Upon researching the markings more it turns out it's Yugoslavian not Czech.
    edited December 2010
    I just took some pics of it. It's with a cell phone camera so the quality isnt great.

image010fny.jpg

image009gj.jpg

image012ae.jpg
    edited December 2010
    I just took some pics of it. It's with a cell phone camera so the quality isnt great.
    Shit! it's not in bad shape for it's age. Nice score bro. :eek:
    For less than 2hundy notes? SCORE! Where'd you find it? A Somalian arms market.:thumbsup:
    edited December 2010
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Shit! it's not in bad shape for it's age. Nice score bro. :eek:
    For less than 2hundy notes? SCORE! Where'd you find it? A Somalian arms market.:thumbsup:

What happened was the guys who own the local gun store are fucking retarded and don't know shit about milsurp. They said it was a regular 1924/47 which is only worth about 200. When I looked up the markings though I realized it's an original 1924 not the m47 version. Turns out what I have is worth way more than what it cost.
  • edited December 2010
    .8mm
    good god man
    airsoft guns are 6mm
    I think you mean 8mm Mauser
    edited December 2010
    Make a tritium sight for it. Also, .8mm Mauser? Lol.
    edited December 2010
    Make a tritium sight for it. Also, .8mm Mauser? Lol.

I showed a picture of what the ammo looks like earlier in the thread. :facepalm: I retardedly added a period in front of it. I meant 8mm. I'm just so use to putting that period in front of calibers.
    edited December 2010
    nah, leave the sights alone if you like them

I don't plan on modifying it at all. at least where I live you don't see a Model 1924's to often so I'm gonna leave it as is. I can't wait to hunt with this thing.
    edited December 2010

A Mosin Nagant and two 12 gauge shotguns. One of the shotguns is a mossberg 88 the other is a remington wingmaster 870.
  • edited December 2010
    I could fuck you up easily Sanchez. I take care of my body and I would overpower you and beat you down till you scream like a little girl. Keep collecting guns you fucking coward, mabye one day you will save yourself from a real man making you his bitch.
    edited December 2010
    Noe that's how you're supposed to troll.
    edited December 2010
    I could fuck you up easily Sanchez. I take care of my body and I would overpower you and beat you down till you scream like a little girl. Keep collecting guns you fucking coward, mabye one day you will save yourself from a real man making you his bitch.

ORLY?? Good luck coming to beat my ass when I'm putting rifle rounds in you from hundreds of yards away. Also since when does collecting guns = coward. Sounds to me like you're a kidiot queer who is to young to buy guns so you're butthurt.
  • edited December 2010
    ORLY?? Good luck coming to beat my ass when I'm putting rifle rounds in you from hundreds of yards away.

Way to reinforce my point
    Also since when does collecting guns = coward. Sounds to me like you're a kidiot queer who is to young to buy guns so you're butthurt.

You know that isn't true.

I doubt there is anyone on this entire forum more scared of the world than you.
    edited December 2010
    Way to reinforce my point

You know that isn't true.

I doubt there is anyone on this entire forum more scared of the world than you.

How does this reinforce your point in any way? Then again I'm dealing with a guy who likes cock up his ass so I can't expect much. Oh and LOL at the internet tough guy act.

I'm shaking right now thinking of Big Bear coming to beat my ass. lolollol. I really wish you would try it queer. The man who likes cock in the butt is truly a fearsome force huh? Anyway you're a faggot now stop derailing my thread.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited December 2010
    troll troll go away.
    come again.....never.

trolling is what totse was built on amirite???
  • edited December 2010
    Goddammit Big Bear is the best troll here. I worship him the way Dirty worships his oiled up gay cock.