"But, duh, alcohol isn't a drug!"

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
So NYE went and passed and for me, without a hitch. My friends, on the other hand, had something of a different affair. For the friends I know who are so anti-drug (weed primarily) they just got out of a police station after giving statements about drunken punch ups and other pissed shenanigans which ended up being illegal and whatnot. In short, someone got stabbed and loads of people who were "feeling up for it" decided to start a huge bar fight.

I, on the other hand, smoked a blunt and went for a naked run in the forest (no homo). I hurt nobody, had a blast and a memorable night - however the substance is illegal. My friends on the other hand, consumed a legal drug and harmed other people quite severely.

I rest my case. My friends will be getting an earful next time they decide to give me their "but alcohol isn't a drug" rhetoric. I suppose the irony is that I'm listening to "what a wonderful world" by Louis Armstrong.

carl-sagan-smoke-weed-everyday.jpg

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Alcohol is way more of a drug than Cannabis will ever be. The fact that weed doesn't physically fuck you up anywhere near as much as alcohol does plays a huge part in it. To be honest, I think the classifications of booze and green should be switched if you're looking at it from a health point of view. Alcohol is horrible stuff, yet it's legal. Cannabis is pretty much harmless, and for some strange reason they class it as an illegal substance.

I'm rambling now, but I know what I mean.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited January 2011
    Old. But I agree with you :D
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't care what anyone says. Alcohol is better than weed.
  • edited January 2011

But in what way?
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited January 2011

I wouldn't say it's all around better. I love both substances, for different occasions. I like weed for when I'm going to be alone and just want to relax with myself and some good music or a good game. I like booze for when I'm with friends and want to act-a-fool. Sometimes I'll mix the two for a more crazy result, but I try to never use one for the others purpose, it just don't work like that.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited January 2011
    I wouldn't say it's all around better. I love both substances, for different occasions. I like weed for when I'm going to be alone and just want to relax with myself and some good music or a good game. I like booze for when I'm with friends and want to act-a-fool. Sometimes I'll mix the two for a more crazy result, but I try to never use one for the others purpose, it just don't work like that.

this. i used to smoke all the time with my friends last semester and now i dont think i can do it. id much rather smoke while im by myself to just chill.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Pears and oranges folks.
  • edited January 2011
    both haves ups and downs. As far as I know, all weed taste like shit, but beers can be quite deilicious
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited January 2011
    Weed is 100% better. I don't like the poisoned feeling of alcohol at all.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited January 2011
    Poisoned feeling? Don't drink Lord Calvert and you won't feel poisoned.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited January 2011
    I've seen them let weed into concerts but strictly no alcohol. That's being screened first by a security guard then a second screening by a pig. Sure weeds illegal but even a pig knows it's gonna calm down a huge crowd. Alcohol doesn't.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited January 2011

Youre only saying that because you just turned legal.
  • edited January 2011
    I agree that weed is much less harmful than alchohol. I prefer booze for social situations and dealing with stress and shitty says. Weed is for movies, sex, and sunny afternoons. Alcohol to smooth out the rough spots, weed to accentuate the finer moments.

C/O
    "sure I can enjoy a good day without weed, but why should I?"
  • edited January 2011
    Illegal drugs are anything besides alcohol and tobacco that makes you feel good or livens up your day.