A Basic Introduction to Shellcode

-SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
edited January 2011 in Tech & Games
removed due to censure by admin

Comments

• dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited December 2010
    Explain more please - or throw a pointer as to how shell code is used - in a url, as part of a progamme that runs script or in a image file that contains some code?

Give some pointers from startinf out to end result. If I walk a path, I at least want to know where the sandwichand tea stops might be.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for this :).
  • edited December 2010
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Explain more please - or throw a pointer as to how shell code is used - in a url, as part of a progamme that runs script or in a image file that contains some code?

Give some pointers from startinf out to end result. If I walk a path, I at least want to know where the sandwichand tea stops might be.

I know for a fact that you can set a payload to an exploit and then deploy it by using the Metasploit Framework, which is a very effective way of getting shell access on another system.
  • edited December 2010
    I didn't realize you could execute it through an html document. What other ways are there of executing this shellcode?
  • edited January 2011
    You should make a 'spectrals big bad guide on hacking for noobs'. Everything you know, for noobs :thumbsup:
  • edited January 2011
    You should make a 'spectrals big bad guide on hacking for noobs'. Everything you know, for noobs :thumbsup:

That's the thing - you can't do things like this without learning things first. If you learn things, you won't be a noob.
  • edited January 2011
    What other ways are there of getting the code onto the other machine? I personally haven't seen many exploited webpages acting in this manner (although I'm sure if someone was doing this for real, they would be implementing code which runs in the background so I wouldn't see it anyway).

Give me a list of ways you can get the code to run on another machine :D