Red Dead Redemption

Brock SamsonBrock Samson Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
The story, graphics, and gameplay were all great.

Also, you can road haul Mexicans till they die... Awesome. You can also tie up mofos and let them get mauled by bears.

This game is full of hilarity, discuss.

Comments

• VermicideVermicide Regular
    edited July 2010
    Was pretty awesome for a few weeks, basically until I completed the main story. I don't know anyone who plays Xbox Live either, only PC online so can't play it online. Watched my roomate play it online though and looks kind of fun.

Lost interest in it the second John Marston died though for some reason. It worked well as a story and it probably was the best way to finish it but it just killed any desire I had to get 100% or replay it.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited July 2010
    It's basically a western GTA right? It looks pretty sick imma have to check it out.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    I might try but I doubt my system can handle it.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    The Western theme killed it for me.
  • Brock SamsonBrock Samson Regular
    edited July 2010
    Vermicide wrote: »
    Was pretty awesome for a few weeks, basically until I completed the main story. I don't know anyone who plays Xbox Live either, only PC online so can't play it online. Watched my roomate play it online though and looks kind of fun.

Lost interest in it the second John Marston died though for some reason. It worked well as a story and it probably was the best way to finish it but it just killed any desire I had to get 100% or replay it.

The online is fun for the first few days, it gets kinda tired after a week.

I definitely recommend renting it, the storys worth it. It's got a gritty western feel to it, it reminded me of Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven, the story and feel were similar.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    This is one I've been meaning to pick up. Somebody tell me; is this actually GTA4 in the wild west? If so, that's fucking awesome!

I don't just mean in terms of sandbox gameplay, but whether it's similar overall.
  • Brock SamsonBrock Samson Regular
    edited July 2010
    This is one I've been meaning to pick up. Somebody tell me; is this actually GTA4 in the wild west? If so, that's fucking awesome!

I don't just mean in terms of sandbox gameplay, but whether it's similar overall.

It's a GTA, same map and mission set up. Same controls, feels like a GTA. Hell, if you get a high enough wanted level the army comes after you and everything.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll need to pick it up in a few months when the price has fully declined. Fuck full price, these developers can starve as long as they're charging 70-80 fucking dollars :mad:
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited July 2010
    i loved the story. i only got to play online for about 6 hours total but i liked it. i thought the game was great but i really enjoyed gta4 better. i like the atmosphere of the city more and i felt like there was alot more to do in gta4 than in red dead redemption.
  • abusernameabusername Regular
    edited July 2010
    Favorite game of my entire life and I've been gaming for about 12 years.

Awesome fucking game.. I have 100%'d Singleplayer(What a experience! Loved the story, the detail to everything, it's just fucking great shit) and now play multiplayer.. I'm Legend 4 rank 30 or something at the moment..

Yeah I have a lot of free time :p
  • imawolfrawrimawolfrawr Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    multiplayer was fucking dumb but single player kicked ass, at least till the end. Jack is such a little faggot
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited July 2010
    Just finished story mode.. shit was bad ass.
  • edited July 2010
    Is there a PC version? I looked on TPB for it but couldn't find it.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited July 2010
    How long is the single player I hate wasting money on a 6 hour singleplayer.
    edited July 2010
    A lot longer than 6 hours that's for sure. I don't even think you'd be near mexico by hour 10-12 unless you just speed through the main missions and ignore the side stuff.
  • CombatwomabtCombatwomabt Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    The western setting MADE this game for me. It took me more than 24 hours to beat the single player mission, and the only part that seemed to drag on was the last bits of mexico. I have been going online for the first times since i got it today and this is pretty cool too.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    They should port it to the PC.

It'd be freaking awesome.
  • street carpstreet carp Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I've been playing the shit out of this game on PS3 since the release day but for some reason the leaderboards have stopped tracking me so I've shelved it until they come out with a patch. I'm level 25 3rd legend at the moment and I have a better than 2:1 KD, something like 3500 kills and 1500 deaths.
    edited July 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    They should port it to the PC.

It'd be freaking awesome.

inorite, image the boss ass mods that's people would create. Something like SA-MP for red dead would be balltastic
    edited July 2010
    inorite, image the boss ass mods that's people would create. Something like SA-MP for red dead would be balltastic

???

Free roam=SA-MP
  • CrazzyassCrazzyass Regular
    edited July 2010
    A lot longer than 6 hours that's for sure. I don't even think you'd be near mexico by hour 10-12 unless you just speed through the main missions and ignore the side stuff.

Definitely. I had played for at least 12-14 before I got to Mexico, and I didn't do nearly all of the side shit. Of course, it's hard not to dick around on that game.
    edited July 2010
    I had around 3 days played (72 hours+) when I got 100%.