Let's speculate on why the site was down

MayberryMayberry Regular
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Instead of just asking why the site was down like we always do, let's change things up. Why do you think it was down?

There's the classic dead hamster.

But what I really think is that some caustic cum melted through the cables and short circuited the server. And then a salmon had sex with a tuna. Also, I'd like to say, "Richard Simmons." That is all.

Comments

• MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited January 2011
    i think it is because Skittles is coming off a heroin binge, and fucked shit up.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    I would say it had to be those damn Middle Eastern hackers again. Assholes :mad:
  • The NegotiatorThe Negotiator Regular
    edited January 2011
    Hackers from the FBI trying to close down the new totse...
  • edited January 2011
    Gingivitis.
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited January 2011
    We should have a running log open to the public where specific outage details are displayed, along with time of occurrence.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited January 2011
    Hackers from the FBI trying to close down the new totse...

this. dirtysanchez needs to lay off the cp :o:o:o
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited January 2011
    for the record i didnt do it

prob mad feds
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited January 2011
    i came too hard and cables fell out :(
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    I don't have the full details but it was some software error.
  • edited January 2011
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    We should have a running log open to the public where specific outage details are displayed, along with time of occurrence.

Yeah, something like that would be a good idea. When I got a gateway timeout a few times I went to zoklet, because DFG usually posts something there when the site goes down, then to our fb page. Just a little "No we have not been nuked by the FBI, or, Sand nigger hackers again:be patient", would be nice. How about a site that we can go to for info when totse goes down?
    C/O
    "totseinfo.info?"
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, something like that would be a good idea. When I got a gateway timeout a few times I went to zoklet, because DFG usually posts something there when the site goes down, then to our fb page. Just a little "No we have not been nuked by the FBI, or, Sand nigger hackers again:be patient", would be nice. How about a site that we can go to for info when totse goes down?
    C/O
    "totseinfo.info?"

The default action is usually go to irc. If theres a facebook, updates on the site should be posted on it. I will inquire into this matter.

haha dongs 8==============DDDDDD~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    with multiple heads
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    I usually hang in IRC and update on twitter about Totse info related things. If the website is down, fire an e-mail to support[at]totse.info or use twitter @dfg or just contact me. I am suffering from a very bad pre-flu state and I can't think like I used to atm. So, forgive me for being a bit slow :(
  • edited January 2011
    I just went straight to IRC, and messaged Dfg on Twitter. Not sure that he actually got it though, as I used the PM service (i think).

Site was down because Dfg's camel died, who couldn't power the generators anymore.
  • edited January 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    I am suffering from a very bad pre-flu state and I can't think like I used to atm. So, forgive me for being a bit slow :(

DFG, something tells me you have not done a lot of drugs, so that somewhat fucked up "pre-flu state" might be as close as you get. Do your hands leave trails behind them as you move them? The closest to a chemically altered state is one brought on by illness.
    C/O
    "twitter?, fuck, whatever, adapt or die, I suppose"

post 500, ding!
  • edited January 2011
    How long was the site down for anyway? I went to bed just after shit went down.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    DFG, something tells me you have not done a lot of drugs, so that somewhat fucked up "pre-flu state" might be as close as you get. Do your hands leave trails behind them as you move them? The closest to a chemically altered state is one brought on by illness.
    C/O
    "twitter?, fuck, whatever, adapt or die, I suppose"

post 500, ding!
    Nah, my mind is a bit slow and I require some sleep and good food. I can get mentally high due to lack of sleep but when it comes to losing motor skills etc, I don't experience that.