It's snowing

edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
In Texas! I love snow but we don't get much of it here for obvious reasons. It kind of sucks though because tomorrow all the roads will be solid ice and I have to drive to work :facepalm:

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    I love driving on ice. It's less than safe, but with all the people who won't drive, there's nobody to bump into :o
  • edited January 2011
    Watching other people driving on ice is hilarious, seeing them slide around and crash because they can't drive properly. Priceless.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    Vineman wrote: »
    In Texas! I love snow but we don't get much of it here for obvious reasons. It kind of sucks though because tomorrow all the roads will be solid ice and I have to drive to work :facepalm:

I grew up in big time snow. Then, in 86, I moved to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and what happens? It fucking snowed that winter. Two years later I am in Greensboro, NC and the first winter it snowed. Same fucking thing the next year when I moved to Vegas, first year it fucking snowed, in Vegas it fucking snowed. Not up at Mt Charleston it snows all winter up there at 9000+ feet above sea level. I am talking about right on the strip like 3 - 4 inches.

The really funny part about the Vegas snow storm was this. All the joints on the strip have their sprinkler systems set to run at about 3 - 4 AM to water the grass and give a bit of time to dry before the brutal sun can hit it while it is still wet. Well it snowed at around 9:00 PM and drop to about 18 degrees F. When the sprinkler came on the hit the streets and froze the majority of the strip from the Sahara all the way to the Excalibur. Nobody out there could drive on that shit and Metro was busy as shit that morning with one fender bender after another.
  • edited January 2011
    Face-fuck the snow.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited January 2011
    It began snowing here when I was coming home from the store. It never snows in MS but the weatherman says it will snow the next few days.
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited January 2011
    its snowing fuckin hard here, in Colorado. Texas snows are always fun because the road is like a war zone :o
  • edited January 2011
    We had a shit load of snow a month or so ago, but it's all died down now. Even the temperatures have started rising, but I can't see it lasting for long :(
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Fuck winter. Its summer here, the suns shining there is no cloud and the temperature is 32c at the moment
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    I hate snow.. If I get stuck inside with no power I'm gonna be :mad:
  • edited January 2011
    There's a storm coming on Tuesday that's going to last till Thursday :mad: The first time it snowed it was cool but now it's starting to piss me off.

This. :angry::angry::angry:

EDIT: With my luck, I'll be snowed in. Again.