Who on facebook uses their real name?

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Who here uses their true identity on "Facebook"?
You give your photos up, your lifestyle, friend & family information, the name of your dog, cat, gf, your agenda in life. So did I miss anything? hmm.
How about your full name, phone number and address.
This isn't a B&M nor is it a ridicule about "Facebook" policy, or how willingly you give out your personal information. It's merely curiosity of how willingly one gives out information to "Facebook"
Facebook terms
4. Registration and Account Security

Facebook users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:

Comments

• DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited January 2011
    I made sure to set everything private to "just me." That includes my email, birthday, and phone number. It's pathetic how some friends of my friends have everything set to "everyone." All it takes is their DOB + lastname, to password-reset their email and gain access to their account. Not to mention the security question. I can't recall how many times their sec. question is "favorite movie." I then check out their "likes" and surely enough Twilight is listed. LOL
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited January 2011
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Not to mention the security question. I can't recall how many times their sec. question is "favorite movie." I then check out their "likes" and surely enough Twilight is listed. LOL
    Twilight?...LOL! :D
    I hope they're girls bro.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    I used it for a week and then quit :D
    edited January 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Twilight?...LOL! :D
    I hope they're girls bro.
    Of course. No guy likes that vampire shit bro. Unless they're gay. And not the homo gay, I mean straight up gay.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited January 2011
    I do, but then again when I got my bookface it was when you still had to have a College Email or you couldn't play.
    Dysgraphia wrote:
    I made sure to set everything private to "just me." That includes my email, birthday, and phone number. It's pathetic how some friends of my friends have everything set to "everyone."

To begin with everything was set to private. After it was sold, or some other update it automatically made everyones shit public. As soon as that happend I made sure to go and turn it all back to private. I thought that was pretty shady on their part.
  • D7D7 Regular
    edited January 2011
    I rarely open facebook but yes I do use my real name and stuff.
    I put them because I want to keep some weak tie and old friends.
  • edited January 2011
    acid_drop wrote: »
    I do, but then again when I got my bookface it was when you still had to have a College Email or you couldn't play.

To begin with everything was set to private. After it was sold, or some other update it automatically made everyones shit public. As soon as that happend I made sure to go and turn it all back to private. I thought that was pretty shady on their part.

I found you brah, just had to look up Figger Naggot.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited January 2011
    I found you brah, just had to look up Figger Naggot.

Laughing-Teddy-Roosevelt.jpg
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited January 2011
    I have one and I use all my real info and pictures. It's set to private so only the people I add can see all my info :)
  • edited January 2011
    Got my real name on there, but I've got the whole thing locked the fuck down. I also don't have any ties between internet life and IRL shit, except from a couple of very trusted internet buddies.
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited January 2011
    Completely private, fake second name, all photos are private even to friends, all profile pictures have my face covered with my hand/paint/photoshop, no info about my interests, no email address, no number.
    edited January 2011
    Daily wrote: »
    Completely private, fake second name, all photos are private even to friends, all profile pictures have my face covered with my hand/paint/photoshop, no info about my interests, no email address, no number.
    Yo went in brah.
  • BakayarBakayar Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Fuck that, facebook is mindnumbingly unsafe. I don't have an account and never will. Even using a fake name doesn't protect you because all of your friends will refer to you by your real name and stuff...

It, in my opinion, is not worth it considering all I get up to on the net.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    I have one and I use all my real info and pictures. It's set to private so only the people I add can see all my info :)

inb4stalkers.

I never put real info on the Internet. Except for few unintentional pictures.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited January 2011
    Well, first and foremost. Fuck facebook in the face and all that hoopla. Honestly the only reason Facebook is around and is as popular as it is today is because it had a functional interface that myspace always failed at and it stays current and relevant with daily technologies. Other than that it is no different from any other social networking site that has come before it and after it.

I think people have no lives if they log into facebook for longer than 10 minutes and more than one time per day. It should be like an email account if you ask me. Theres no reason to make a World Forum out of a damn social networking site. Who wants to be apart of a Global Forum of 500 million users that only exist using their real names? Wheres the fucking fun in that?

Any who, never got used to or enjoyed facebook when I had it for a year in a half so I deleted it. Guess what, no urge to sign back up. It's kind of like leaving Totse/Zoklet/whatevergayshityoudo for a week and realizing a world exists that is often better than the one you are connected to.
  • edited January 2011
    This thread has made me want to clean my shit up and remove some personal info from places. The only reason I have Facebook is because everyone else does, which is pretty sad. I'm gradually ditching it though, I don't really like it that much.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    I have a FB and I use my real name on it, but I keep all of my information and any pictures completely private so only I can see it.

I only use it to stalk and look at all the pictures that the hot narcissistic girls I know post of themselves in bars, because they think being in a bar underage and showing it on FB makes them cool lol.

Having all of my shit private still isn't enough though.. I'm gonna add a fake middle name like Daily said so I wont be as easy to find. I'm constantly getting friend request's from my friend's parents, aunt, uncles etc now and its gay :facepalm:
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited January 2011
    I do not use facebook.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited January 2011
    All my shits on private. I also never add anybody I haven't met in person.