Get my work ethic back

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
So I am back at Uni, had some fun and was pretty much shitfaced the entire xmas holiday. As you may have guessed, a month of no work, lots of narcotics, a lazy lifestyle etc has all contributed to me moving back to Uni and not doing any work...or wanting to, for that matter.

Today (Monday) I intend to go to the library to check out some books on Medieval Jerusalem (moar Zionist essays, cheers, Uni) and then get some sweets for a mate in town. So some fresh air and something to keep me amused. After that, I'll come back to mine and do some revision (no less than an hour). After that comes a girl who has stockings, blonde hair etc. Oh yes. Work may pay for once.

So, although this may belong in Reinvent Yourself, I know the SG crowd more, so was aiming it more for 60% lulzy responses and 40% serious ones.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    Here's a lulzy response.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    :facepalm:
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited January 2011
    Work hard and party hard. Also have sex.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited January 2011

Edit: Why the fuck does the youtube embed button not work properly?
    edited January 2011
    Spent 2 hours in the library, went to the bank and now gonna do some essay work. Managed to get it back somewhat. Being sober after the holidays is off. My perception of time and distance is fucked.
  • edited January 2011
    I seriously need to get back into the swing of doing work. For the past week at college, all I've done during class time is post on Totse. This might not be a bad thing, but it's not helping me do work at all and right now is a fairly crucial time in my academic career.
    edited January 2011
    Right, so after managing to not smoke all day, not drink any booze, hardly eat (I am in the middle of a fucking painful Crohn's flare up) and do revision, research and get money into the bank, I am chilling to some Dr Dre with my feet up.

Might invite a girl over later. She wants sex. I want company while playing Fallout new Vegas. Shame she smokes weed like a Rasta and is smoking hot herself. Must...abstain...otherwise I'll turn into a moron, have another bipolar episode and make my left lung hurt even more :(
  • edited January 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    Right, so after managing to not smoke all day, not drink any booze, hardly eat (I am in the middle of a fucking painful Crohn's flare up) and do revision, research and get money into the bank, I am chilling to some Dr Dre with my feet up.

Might invite a girl over later. She wants sex. I want company while playing Fallout new Vegas. Shame she smokes weed like a Rasta and is smoking hot herself. Must...abstain...otherwise I'll turn into a moron, have another bipolar episode and make my left lung hurt even more :(

Just force her to game, and get extremely involved with the game so you're not tempted to go and smoke a bowl or nail her. You know what it's like playing games, once you get competitive then you won't stop till you've won.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited January 2011
    I enjoyed the response to this thread posted by Yoda.
    edited January 2011
    RemadE wrote: »

Girl wants to smoke weed and have sex. You want to play video games. What the fuck.:confused:
  • edited January 2011
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Girl wants to smoke weed and have sex. You want to play video games. What the fuck.:confused:

Read some of RemadE's other threads about his Uni life and after-sex depression etc, then you should understand ;)
    edited January 2011
    Yeah but it's sex.