Damn those chinks.

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
J_20_Chinese_Fifth_generation_Fighter_jet_11.jpgJ_20_Chinese_Fifth_generation_Fighter_jet_10.jpg

They can't think of anything on the own. Gotta always copy our shit.

Comments

• LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited January 2011
    Well it serves you right, probably copied your stuff from extraterrestrials.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited January 2011
    ^^ Yeah. We copied the plans for an intergalactic space ship to make an airplane. Are you people always this retarded?
    edited January 2011
    ^^ Yeah. We copied the plans for an intergalactic space ship to make an airplane. Are you people always this retarded?

That post was not entirely serious, but look at it this way.

It you were to travel into the distant past with an airplane, the people of that time would not be able to create one, but might still try to construct something that resembled an airplane out of other materials such as wood. Similarly if the people of the present discovered an intergalactic space ship they would not have the technology to replicate it, but would not discard it either. They could still apply aspects of it to improve airplanes such as lighter metal alloys, etc.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited January 2011
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011

Inb4darkrodentcomestodefendlazzar

I believe in aliens but Bob lazzar is full of shit.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    Chinks are the masters of piracy :o
  • edited January 2011
    spazz wrote: »
    I would give up a testicle to get a wild ride in something like that :eek:

You can buy figher jets, mang.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited January 2011
    You can buy figher jets, mang.

and money grows on trees
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited January 2011
    everyone copies shit from each other
  • edited January 2011
    J-20: PURE SHIT
    get a good airplane instead.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited January 2011
    You almost sound surprised..
    I mean the chinese more or less copy everything so why not military tech.. I mean what can you do about it? Have argument with china where they just stop understanding english conveniently and look at you weirdly..
    edited January 2011
    vozhde wrote: »
    That post was not entirely serious, but look at it this way.

It you were to travel into the distant past with an airplane, the people of that time would not be able to create one, but might still try to construct something that resembled an airplane out of other materials such as wood. Similarly if the people of the present discovered an intergalactic space ship they would not have the technology to replicate it, but would not discard it either. They could still apply aspects of it to improve airplanes such as lighter metal alloys, etc.

Oh, I wasn't being serious either. I don't doubt aliens have and still are visiting Earth, but I think people put a little too much faith in alien technology being around us. The ALIENS came up with space ships, beams that can pick people up, all kinda of things. What's so hard to believe about humans inventing PS3?
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    Speaking of Aliens whose to say they're even that advanced. What if humans are actually more advanced than the alien.
    edited January 2011
    Speaking of Aliens whose to say they're even that advanced. What if humans are actually more advanced than the alien.

What if the Aliens are really DOPPLEGANGERS!?:eek::eek::eek:
    edited January 2011

Actually we have found "aliens", and we're a little smarter than them. http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/12/nasa-finds-arsenic-life-form/
  • edited January 2011
    Asians in general are masters of copy-and-improve. Whether it's aeroplanes, replica watches or school shootings.
    edited January 2011
    Asians in general are masters of copy-and-make shittier. Whether it's aeroplanes, replica watches or school shootings.

Fixed.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011

I drank with him more than once when I lived in Vegas. I believe him...
    edited January 2011
    I drank with him more than once when I lived in Vegas. I believe him...

I'm going to give you the same reply I did last time since you didn't have the balls to respond to it.
    Ununpentium's most stable isotope has a half life of 220 milliseconds. Radioactive decay cannot be halted unless the mass is sped up to 100% the speed of light. That takes infinite energy. Why? As a mass speeds up time slows down for it, and it becomes heavier. Heaver objects have more inertia, and the closer you get an object to the speed of light, the heavier it gets, the amount of energy needed to get the object at the speed of light becomes infinite.

Assuming you did manage to get ununpentium to the speed of light, since time has stopped for it, information processing has halted and ununpentium becomes "frozen." It cannot affect anything, nothing can affect it. It might as well not exist.

Also, 224 grams of ununpentium would be so massively radioactive its decay heat would melt anything. Even tungsten. It'd melt right through the supposed thermoelectric generator. Not only that, In one second it is no longer ununpentium.

Elements can't fuse by proton bombardment. Protons are positively charged and the nucleus repels them. If protons could fuse by bombardment, the universe would quickly become one big atom.

So you managed to fuse the atom and proton? Good job. Now it decays via alpha decay, and releases helium. Element 116 becomes element 114, and helium with an energy of about 5million electron volts is released. About the amount of energy required to let it move through a few cm of air. No antimatter brah.

Okay so suppose it decays via beta+ or positron emission. Good job, an anti-electron is released. It soon annihilates with an electron, and releases a gamma ray with an energy of about 1geV. Nowhere near the amount of energy required to fuse the atom in the first place. You have successfully lost about 99.9% of the energy you tried to "claim."
    edited January 2011
    Once again TDR doesn't have the balls to reply.
    edited January 2011
    No balls! :o
    edited January 2011
    Ununpentium's most stable isotope has a half life of 220 milliseconds. Radioactive decay cannot be halted unless the mass is sped up to 100% the speed of light. That takes infinite energy. Why? As a mass speeds up time slows down for it, and it becomes heavier. Heaver objects have more inertia, and the closer you get an object to the speed of light, the heavier it gets, the amount of energy needed to get the object at the speed of light becomes infinite.

Assuming you did manage to get ununpentium to the speed of light, since time has stopped for it, information processing has halted and ununpentium becomes "frozen." It cannot affect anything, nothing can affect it. It might as well not exist.

Also, 224 grams of ununpentium would be so massively radioactive, it's decay heat would melt anything. Even tungsten. It'd melt right through the supposed thermoelectric generator. Not only that, In one second it is no longer ununpentium.

Elements can't fuse by proton bombardment. Protons are positively charged and the nucleus repels them. If protons could fuse by bombardment, the universe would quickly become one big atom.

So you managed to fuse the atom and proton? Good job. Now it decays via alpha decay, and releases helium. Element 116 becomes element 114, and helium with an energy of about 5million electron volts is released. About the amount of energy required to let it move through a few cm of air. No antimatter brah.

Okay so suppose it decays via beta+ or positron emission. Good job, an anti-electron is released. It soon annihilates with an electron, and releases a gamma ray with an energy of about 1geV. Nowhere near the amount of energy required to fuse the atom in the first place. You have successfully lost about 99.9% of the energy you tried to "claim."

*mumbles something vague about advanced alien technology,etc,etc*
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited January 2011
    Once again TDR doesn't have the balls to reply.
    This.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited January 2011
    Maybe you should start a thread regarding "ancient astronaut theory" in SotD?
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited January 2011
    It's AIRCRAFT not AIRPLANE.

A combat fighter doesn't rely on it's aero. lifting force to fly, it relies on thrust propulsion.
    edited January 2011
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    It's AIRCRAFT not AIRPLANE.

A combat fighter doesn't rely on it's aero. lifting force to fly, it relies on thrust propulsion.

Elaborate please, I'm interested in the distinction between the two. My current understanding is that airplanes have fixed wings and is a type of aircraft, and aircraft without fixed wings such as helicopters are not airplanes.
    edited January 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Elaborate please, I'm interested in the distinction between the two. My current understanding is that airplanes have fixed wings and is a type of aircraft, and aircraft without fixed wings such as helicopters are not airplanes.
    Yes. That is the general definition.

But if you deeper into it, (rather than wiki), you'll find out that airplanes rely heavily on the lifting force their wings produce in take off, along with the thrust created by the turbine engines of course.

Aircrafts on the other hand might have things that resemble the aerodynamical curvature of wings, ex: propellers for helicopters. These are flying machines that heavily depend solely on the generated thrust. Jets take off because of the blazing thrust produced by their GTEs. Helicopters fly because of their moving "wings," not stationary wings.

Not to mention, airplanes can glide for a large quantities of in air with all four main engines shut off. Heck, they can even stall the ignition sequence and remain in air for a good time. Try doing that with a non-maneuver combat fighter or a helicopter. Once that thrust is gone, so will the a/c.

Source: Some old tool chief guy in the hanger taught me this. Seriously.
    edited January 2011
    Ah, so jets rely more on the engine thrust rather than wing lift and for airplanes, it's the other way around?
    edited January 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Ah, so jets rely more on the engine thrust rather than wing lift and for airplanes, it's the other way around?

That. :thumbsup:
    edited January 2011
    Cool. Learn something new everyday :hai: