Help with shortening a stock

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited January 2011 in Man Cave
So I want to shorten the stock on my Mosin Nagant. My question is the stock solid so I can cut right through or is it hollow? I dont want to ruin it by cutting through a hollow stock.

Comments

• edited October 2010
    If you sporterize a mil surp rifle, me and Hab will come and kick the shit out of you. That goes double for spics too.
  • edited October 2010
    spazz wrote: »
    why? the original ones kinda suck. or you could just buy 2 :p they are so cheap and plentifull (till they run out)

SHUT UP FAGGOT OR ILL RAPE UR FACE
    Unfucked Springfield 1903s used to cost around what a mosin costs adjusted for inflation.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited October 2010
    The Mosin stock is solid. No one really cared about 4 pound rifles back then. Why do you need it shortened? Length of pull too much?

And spazz, some of them tend to have the front sight canted. Not a big deal, a punch and mallet will fix that easily. And shooting really high seems odd, was the rear sight ramp intact? You do realize that the Russians didn't use feet or meters for their increments right? Can't remember what it was, some crazy ruskie speak.
  • p6867p6867 Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    spazz wrote: »
    did your mossin have any issues with sights?

mine shot WAY WAY high, i had to file the slide for the sights down a bit.(i know it wasnt the right thing to do)
    also, what do you pay for ammo?

Did you have the bayonet open? What kind of Mosin?
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited January 2011
    p6867 wrote: »
    Did you have the bayonet open? What kind of Mosin?

I think it's the M44 that has to have the bayonet extended to shoot straight. But even then you should be able to adjust the rear leaf enough to compensate. Will still shoot to the right though. They just zero'd 'em that way.

The 91/30 didn't suffer from that. However, the crazy Ruskies still always fought with the damned bayonet extended. That's like a goddamn 10 foot pole :o
  • Pile of JewsPile of Jews Regular
    edited January 2011
    Just get the ATI Sporter stock for it bro. Just curious, why do you want to shorten it? The stock is already pretty short with that long ass barrel lol