Find your philosophy quiz

skunkskunk Regular
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Find your philosophy quiz

This is a 106 question multiple choice test that is supposed to gauge your "philosophy."

The results aren't going to blow you away or anything, I had a pretty clear idea where I landed on some of these spectrums.

Some examples of statements that you rate from strongly agree to strongly disagree:
Corporations that perform tasks the government judges to be important should receive subsidies if they need support in order to perform these tasks.

Government is necessary to keep people from experiencing dire poverty and economic vulnerability.

If a business pollutes the air I breathe or the water I drink, I should be able to hold it legally accountable by suing it for damage to my body or my possessions.

Increased surveillance protects everyone’s security and threatens only those who wish to conceal inappropriate behavior.

In Western societies today, big business is a persecuted minority group.

People should be able to move freely around the world in search of work, not limited in their search for work by borders.

And so on.

My results:

2n20dis.png

Comments

• skunkskunk Regular
    edited January 2011
    I was surprised how far to the left this test actually put me. It seems I was raised in a communist-stealthmuslim-fascist-hippie-nazi household, aka I have the liberal gene.

Additional quiz questions:
    Going to war saps a society’s resources and leads to dramatic increases in government power.

True monopolies cannot exist in a free-market economy and ours is a free market economy, so no true monopolies exist in our economy.

When it seems that someone else might react violently to something a public speaker says, the speaker should be forced to stop speaking.

When people work in sweatshops, it’s often because violence engaged in or tolerated by the state has made it hard for them to support themselves in other ways.

Were it not necessary to restrain the penchant to abuse power, patriarchal monarchy would be the only reasonable form of government.

Vigorous social authority—embodied in the family, church, and other mediating institutions—is a bedrock of the good society.

Using military force in far-away lands is often necessary to protect a society against future attack.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    As much as I hate putting people into boxes which are named by horribly long, latin-derived titles that make them seem superior to everyone else, it is 6am here and I will try this. I'm guessing something Left will appear...

Edit: Here we go! Plus for most questions I could think of an example. Made my brain ache and my moral compass go batshit crazy.

politricks.jpg

Seems about right.
  • edited January 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited January 2011
    rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd.png

Like a brave hussar charging towards the subhuman invader, mighty Rolf has bravely fought through the one hundred and six incredibly biased and blatantly stupid questions in order to bring some much needed masculinity and brilliance to this thread, states Rolf.
  • edited January 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Yeah the questions were pretty biased, but meh. Most websites with political compasses or whatnot are never really, truly balanced.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited January 2011
    Its a stoopid political test. Like I said its not going to blow you away, its a time waster.
  • edited January 2011
    In hindsight, that was not worth doing.

I pretty much scored 70 percent left on everything except that regarding state authority, in which case I got closer to 60 percent statist
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    Prefix removed.

Also, too long, didn't do :o