Totse QR Code

edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
bbs

Check out what I just created :D Scan this into your smartphone and it will link you straight to Totse.

This could be used for interesting purposes.

Comments

• Professor ElmProfessor Elm Regular
    edited January 2011
    Awesome. This would be a great way to advertise Totse now that smartphones are pretty damn popular. You could always print these out and slap them on walls so that when people scan (IF they do) it well direct them straight here. Perhaps you could generate one that links them straight to register. :)

I have seen building in Japan that have massive QR boards on their office towers, a great way for people to actually bother to visit.
  • edited January 2011
    That's a great idea, and perhaps Dfg could put this on our "link to totse" page? With the increasing popularity of smartphones combined with people's curiosity, someone is bound to scan it and find us.

I'll print some out in a little while.
    edited January 2011
    I'll start work on a massive mosaic on the floor of my local town square then.
  • edited January 2011
    I'll start work on a massive mosaic on the floor of my local town square then.

Shit, that's actually a really good idea. Imagine a QR code so big that it gets picked up by Google Maps, helicopters and satellites from space...

That would certainly get us some coverage ;)
    edited January 2011
    And then we can get our totse link going on wikipedia. Think this thread has strayed away from realism now though, i'm not much of an architect (or whatever the word is for a mosaic creator).
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    That's a great idea, and perhaps Dfg could put this on our "link to totse" page? With the increasing popularity of smartphones combined with people's curiosity, someone is bound to scan it and find us.

I'll print some out in a little while.

Consider it done.
  • edited January 2011
    If we ever get some totse stickers made, this would be a good design. As well as having your regular stickers with a URL on, these could be slapped up around town giving an "alternative" looking sticker, which more people are bound to notice.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited January 2011
    Genius :thumbsup:
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited January 2011
    What is that supposed to do exactly? I'm confuzzled.
  • edited January 2011
    What is that supposed to do exactly? I'm confuzzled.

Basically, anyone with a smartphone can download an app called "barcode scanner", or something similar. You then open the application, and scan this barcode/QR code, which then links you straight to the totse website.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited January 2011
    Ah ok that makes sense. I haven't been tempted to try that out yet, wouldn't scanning random barcodes be a possible security concern though?
  • edited January 2011
    Ah ok that makes sense. I haven't been tempted to try that out yet, wouldn't scanning random barcodes be a possible security concern though?

Potentially it could be. BUT, the barcode scanning software gives you a preview of the site's URL before you can choose to browse to the site. I'll look into this issue so people are more inclined to continue to the site.