"Goatse Security" Were they totseans?

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Hmmm, Makes yah wonder. :confused:
NEWARK — Federal prosecutors arrested two men on Tuesday on charges of fraud and conspiracy in obtaining and distributing the e-mail addresses of 114,000 iPad 3G owners.
The men, Daniel Spitler, 26, and Andrew Auernheimer, 25, who are part of a group known as Goatse Security, gained national attention last June when they discovered a security loophole on AT&T’s Web site that allowed them to gain access to the addresses and corresponding iPad identification numbers.
Those affected by the breach included military personnel, members of the Senate and the House of Representatives, and employees of NASA and the Department of Homeland Security.

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/19/technology/19ipad.html?hpw

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    I know the back story. They pwned them pretty hard but lol at the company name.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited January 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    I know the back story. They pwned them pretty hard but lol at the company name.
    Goatse Security: Any totse publicity is good totse publicity...ay woot? :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    True, but then again Goatse was never a totse exclusive. Pretty much the entire internet knew about shit like Goatse and Bel-air.

Epic company name though.
    edited January 2011
    Vizier wrote: »
    True, but then again Goatse was never a totse exclusive. Pretty much the entire internet knew about shit like Goatse and Bel-air.

Epic company name though.
    True! But we pushed it out there in the days therefore we claimed it as our own. ;)
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited January 2011
    We're not talking about the folks who created goatse.cx are we?
    edited January 2011
    We're not talking about the folks who created goatse.cx are we?
    That's a point, they're probably associates of goatse.cx :confused:
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited January 2011
    I just made a comment about Goatse-man today and my roommate exclaimed in horror. I lol'd.