Anne Hathaway Is 'Catwoman' in 'The Dark Knight Rises'; Tom Hardy Is Bane

Gary OakGary Oak Regular
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Anne Hathaway will play Selina Kyle, better known as Catwoman, in the upcoming Batman movie 'The Dark Knight Rises,' according to the Hollywood Reporter.

The Oscar nominated actress, who starred in last year's 'Love and Other Drugs,' will take over the role that Michelle Pfeiffer made legendary in 'Batman Returns' and Halle Berry made infamous in 'Catwoman.'

Meanwhile, Warner Bros. also confirmed that hunky actor Tom Hardy will play Bane.

"I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman's most formidable enemies," director Christopher Nolan said in a statement.

She's a good actress, and I loved Tom Hardy in Inception. I'd probably say Nolan's my favorite director. I'm looking forward to this movie.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    It won't top Batman & Robin, that's for sure :o
  • edited January 2011
    Anne Hathaway cannot for the life of her pull off "lithe"
  • wolfiewolfie Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Michelle Pfeiffer was THE catwoman.

Anne Hathaway is not really a femme fatal type. Plus I can't see her and Christian Bale having chemistry,
  • edited January 2011
    I could see her more as Harley Quinn, personally.
  • wolfiewolfie Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    ^Totally agree. She's more bubbly than mysterious.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited January 2011
    Whoever cast the other two was phenomenal though. Heath Ledger.
  • My Mom Is DeadMy Mom Is Dead Regular
    edited January 2011
    I am not down with Hathaway. She is by no means a Selina Kyle. She's cute as hell, yeah, I'd hit it in a heartbeat--but when I look at her, I think "Oh, she probably has a boyfriend. :("
    Catwoman is out of our league in a different manner. When you look at someone by the fucking name of "Catwoman," the only way you're not thinking "She's down to fuck... but she'll probably laugh at my small penis :(" is if you're either too gay to think of her sexually, or you're The Goddamn Batman, and know she wants ur nutz.
    i've only seen tom hardy in one movie so i can't really say whether or not he would be good in batman.

After watching "Bronson" last night, I am very excited to see him play Bane. I very much doubt he will dissapoint. He's beasty enough, and if the writing is good, being a criminal mastermind is in the bag.

Bronson: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1172570/ (Watch it. Any movie in which the title character regularly fistfights upwards of four cops at a time is bound to be made of bad-assery)

-edit-lol, this post became a plug for Bronson.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited January 2011
    Catwoman is supposed to be a psychotic bitch. I dont see Hathaway doing it. But Nolan rarely disappoints, so im sure it wont be too bad
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited January 2011
    I figured they'd do Bane, fucking sweet! Tom Hardy was a fucking BEAST in Charles Bronson, he's little known (I never heard of him til I saw that movie) but I think he'll make an excellent "coming out" role in this.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited January 2011
    He was in Inception.