I'm leaving totse.info

ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
When I initially discovered Totse.info I was as thrilled as the rest of you seem to be. The nastolgia of seeing the old Totse layout as well as the textfiles immediately suckered my in. This is Totse, or so I thought.

My first complaint comes with the move to the new server. I lost numerous posts that I put my hard work and time in to, and Hellish just didn't seem to care that content was lost. In this moment I was awakened from the dream, it occured to me this place may just be Zoklet2.

This wasn't the end of it however. Then there is e-drama. It seems that every other thread on here is about how much Zoklet and Totse2 suck. Indeed they do but when half of your post count comes from bashing those two forums we have a problem. In addition I find dfg's attempt to ban 0x for no reason at all to be a complete disgrace to the totse name. I thought we stood for free speech here.

Furthermore the posters on this new community seem to be lacking in knowledge, creativity, and simply are not entertaining. If we're going to claim to be Totse we need posters that live up to the name.

There is already a strong existing community of former Totseans over at Zoklet. The site has its fair share of problems but they're nothing compared to the ones over here. Sure, Zok managed to fuck the database up so badly that 2 weeks of posts were lost. Yes, the mods do hand out bans as if they were candycains on christmas. And indeed there is a lack of unity and decent content, but at least if I kiss Zoks ass enough on irc there is an off chance Ill be modded for providing absolutely no decent content.

Earlier today was the last straw for me. I expressed my concerns to Dfg as well as told him I'm considering leaving the site, and my mom got scared and said "You're moving with your uncle and auntie in Bel-Air.". I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I though, "Nah, forget it. Yo, holmes to Bel-Air! I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie, "Yo homes smell ya later!" Looked at my kingdom I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.

Comments