Advice for opiate taper.

FatalOpiateFatalOpiate Semo-Regulars
edited July 2010 in Man Cave
Ok so I have been using 75 mcg Fentanyl pretty much all day everyday for 2 wks now. I searched old forum posts on how to make my w/d's a little easier and came across a few solutions.

I dont have access to benzo's or weed at the moment and I really need to be able to function somewhat normally as I am staying at my in-laws and I dont want them wondering why all of the sudden I am sick. My mother in-law also knows I have a lover affair with opiates.

So here is the question I pose I have about 2/3's of a patch left and I doit sublingually how should I go about tapering off of it so as to minimize my w/d's?

Should I just wait till I am feeling really crappy and dose my reagular dose or say half my norm?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    It shouldn't be that bad... You've only been using everyday for 2 weeks, you might feel like shit afterwards but you won't have any 'real' withdrawals. :o
  • FatalOpiateFatalOpiate Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    Anonymous wrote: »
    It shouldn't be that bad... You've only been using everyday for 2 weeks, you might feel like shit afterwards but you won't have any 'real' withdrawals. :o

Well that is just the fent for 2 wks but I was also on tabs and percs for about 3 wks b4 I started the fent I prolly should have put that in my orignal post my bad. I dont think they will be bad either but I want to minimize as much as poss. ya digg?
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    You shouldent feel to bad, maybe a little depresed and a lack of energy, but I doubnt you will get the restless legs and bone aches along with the body temp changes and naseua.

I have been doing atleast 200-300mg of roxies IVed the past almost 2 years daily, and I ran out last friday and I thought I was in for some serious WD, the first 2 days were hell then I convinced the pain doc to full my script of 180 30mg roxies 30 days early beacuse I said I lost them or they were stolen.

I had to get a police report but it fuckin worked. Plus I bet the doc dident think I could have done all 180 pills in 3 days.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Well that is just the fent for 2 wks but I was also on tabs and percs for about 3 wks b4 I started the fent I prolly should have put that in my orignal post my bad. I dont think they will be bad either but I want to minimize as much as poss. ya digg?

If you're looking to avoid any discomfort I recommend to stay busy.

Seriously-- I've went through withdrawals before and I found that keeping myself active even though I felt like utter shit and was craving more helped me out big time. :o

Especially if you don't have any Benzos or other things to help you out this should work good for you.
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited July 2010
    Anonymous wrote: »

Really it should not be that bad. It is not the amount of substance you consume, it is the amount of time you take it for. Also when building up WD's in your mind you are making it worse, by the sound of your post a lot of it is going to be mental.

But if you are having problems the only ones that may be bad are insomnia and maybe a little depressed. To sleep try some diph or APAP PM which contain the same chemical really except the pain realeving agent. Also some Nyquil is good for sleep. These of course if you can't get anything like soma or valiume.

What you think WD's are going to be are nothing really. I know WD's, try heroin everyday for about 6 years. Which of course is nobody's fault except my own, just making a statement. Try to stay active durning the day instead of laying in bed, this will only cause you to be more restless when night comes. Drink fluids, it is real easy to become dehydrated when WDing. Also try to eat something, it will make you feel better.
  • ilovechronicilovechronic Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    fr0st_Byte wrote: »
    Really it should not be that bad. It is not the amount of substance you consume, it is the amount of time you take it for. Also when building up WD's in your mind you are making it worse, by the sound of your post a lot of it is going to be mental.

But if you are having problems the only ones that may be bad are insomnia and maybe a little depressed. To sleep try some diph or APAP PM which contain the same chemical really except the pain realeving agent. Also some Nyquil is good for sleep. These of course if you can't get anything like soma or valiume.

What you think WD's are going to be are nothing really. I know WD's, try heroin everyday for about 6 years. Which of course is nobody's fault except my own, just making a statement. Try to stay active durning the day instead of laying in bed, this will only cause you to be more restless when night comes. Drink fluids, it is real easy to become dehydrated when WDing. Also try to eat something, it will make you feel better.
    Take a multivitamin. Take amino acids.
    Nutrition is VITAL. Get out and exercise(even walking) as soon as you feel up to it.
    Alcohol can help but it can also make things worse.
    Also, I posted stuff in your other thread on zoklet.

There is no minimizing withdrawal with full agonists you just prolong and restart the w/d.
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2010
    Benadryl?
    edited July 2010
    Benadryl?

Yes. It will help you sleep. That is the active agent in APAP PM.

And nyquil is a great over-the-counter product that help with restlessness at night.
  • PukeratPukerat Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Suboxone works wonders for withdraw. It will be like you never even went on a bender just take 8 mgs 2-3 times a day and blam no withdraw
  • edited July 2010
    Codeine cough syrup
    edited July 2010
    Yes. It will help you sleep. That is the active agent in APAP PM.

And nyquil is a great over-the-counter product that help with restlessness at night.

Doaxalmine succinat or however you spell it is the active ingredient that is a sedative. They say that this particular antihistamine may be a more efficeint sedative than most benzos which I find to be true. But the first few days it may not help. It also can make RLS worse but it sure does help when you really need to just sleep and you can't.
    edited July 2010
    Doaxalmine succinat or however you spell it is the active ingredient that is a sedative. They say that this particular antihistamine may be a more efficeint sedative than most benzos which I find to be true. But the first few days it may not help. It also can make RLS worse but it sure does help when you really need to just sleep and you can't.

I know the chemical you are talking about, that is the one that is in most plain OTC sleep aids. Doxylamine is a member of the ethanolamine class of antihistamines. In every APAP PM label I've seen it has been Diphenhydramine HCL. That is the same agent that is Benadryl. However I could have misunderstood your post and thought you just meant the APAP PM, not the nyquil. Because Nyquil, I beleive, does contain Doxylamine.
    edited July 2010
    I know the chemical you are talking about, that is the one that is in most plain OTC sleep aids. Doxylamine is a member of the ethanolamine class of antihistamines. In every APAP PM label I've seen it has been Diphenhydramine HCL. That is the same agent that is Benadryl. However I could have misunderstood your post and thought you just meant the APAP PM, not the nyquil. Because Nyquil, I beleive, does contain Doxylamine.

yeah I meant nyquil. the brand name is unisom. You have to be careful though because some of the unisoms contain diphen instead. 1 unisom= 4 nyquil. I like it better than benedryl. As for the rls and antihistamines used for opioid withdrawal, I was talking about antihistamines in general don't work the first couple nights. Or they are atleast les effective.
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited July 2010
    For the record, Unison 1 contains diphen, Unisom 2 is doxylamine.