I just found out that my friend died

SliceSlice Regular
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I wasn't terribly close with him, he was more of an acquaintance really, but I'd known him since 7th grade, and we were always real chill. We were both on the wrestling team in 8th grade and he was in a bunch of my classes all throughout highschool. I think I only saw him once or twice after we graduated high school, and he seemed to be one of the only people out there who disliked Facebook.

Anyway, motherfucker partied too hard I guess and died from alcohol poisoning/(drugs?). He was going to Virginia Tech, and was always a really smart kid, gifted actually. It's such a waste, can't believe he's gone. :(

I always expected to hear about him in like 10 years for doings something awesome or possibly lulzy. It's crazy, I haven't even been out of high school for two years and I'm already seeing people take their own paths in life, and in this case, his path just ended.

RIP :(

Hope you had fun while it lasted man

EDIT: This is the story: http://www.fox43.com/news/wpmt-virginia-tech-death,0,2467485.story

probably compromising info but whatever it's totse

Comments

• JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    R.I.P. May he ferment in peace.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Shit happens man. Been in your position, you lose friends one way or another, then find another ones, etc. It's all a matter of time.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited January 2011
    it's true, lets you realize how short your time on this earth is. take advantage of it.
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited January 2011
    Crackin a bottle for you bro, I'd smoke a jay too but I don't have any weed.

But yeah, shit happens. This dude was such a character, I knew he was gonna do great things, even if I didn't hear about it. Fucked up he doesn't get a second chance now.

found an article about it: http://www.fox43.com/news/wpmt-virginia-tech-death,0,2467485.story

LOL at him being quiet, that guy was definitely not a quiet student, he was a class clown.
  • edited January 2011
    That sucks dude. Every once in a while I hear about someone I went to school with having died, it's always a bit weird.
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited January 2011
    Quite a few people I knew in high school have died from either drugs, alcohol or suicide. It's weird. One kid got wasted and crashed his car into a tree on the way home from dropping his friend off. I didn't know him well but he was always really nice to everyone so that sucked.

The other guys were assholes to everyone unless you were in their little group, so fuck 'em.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    I remember this girl from highschool. We used to be good friends and shit. A few years ago she went camping to the beach with her boyfriend and a dog. Some little rich drunk asshole ran over them in a pickup truck. Obviously he didn't last in jail very long from what I've heard.

She used to say I had pianist hands all the time.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    From what I'm reading in that story it sounds like an overdose. I have no sympathy for him because if that's the case than he did to himself. Sounds like another worthless cocky college student who couldn't handle his drugs. His death will mean nothing and the world will move on not caring in the slightest. Now his only contribution to the world will be rotting in the ground. People die all the time so in my eyes his death means nothing.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    From what I'm reading in that story it sounds like an overdose. I have no sympathy for him because if that's the case than he did to himself. Sounds like another worthless cocky college student who couldn't handle his drugs. His death will mean nothing and the world will move on not caring in the slightest. Now his only contribution to the world will be rotting in the ground. People die all the time so in my eyes his death means nothing.

No he will be fermenting. I.E Alcohol poisoning.
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited January 2011
    ^ wouldn't expect any other reaction from you DirtySanchez. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if he OD'd. I didn't think he was into drugs besides weed but there's always the possibility he mixed alcohol and opiates or something. I know he always used to party hard.
    edited January 2011
    A friend of mine died of an OD (possible suicide) last year and i was bummed for a while. It's never easy to lose anyone you know, no matter how close you were to them.

Why be sad? He fucking deserved it as well. I'm not saying drugs are bad but when you die from them it's your fault and nobody should feel sorry for your death. If I overdosed I wouldn't want anyone to be sad because I deserved it. I can't see whats tragic about cocky idiots who take more than they can handle and die.
    edited January 2011
    Why be sad? He fucking deserved it as well. I'm not saying drugs are bad but when you die from them it's your fault and nobody should feel sorry for your death. If I overdosed I wouldn't want anyone to be sad because I deserved it.

Yeah, emotional attachment and involvement completely flies out the window based on the way the person dies. :rolleyes:
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited January 2011
    Why be sad? He fucking deserved it as well. I'm not saying drugs are bad but when you die from them it's your fault and nobody should feel sorry for your death. If I overdosed I wouldn't want anyone to be sad because I deserved it. I can't see whats tragic about cocky idiots who take more than they can handle and die.

What's funny is if the dude could read what you wrote there, he would probably have the same opinion and agree with you. That's the kind of person he was.
    edited January 2011
    Indulgence wrote: »
    Yeah, emotional attachment and involvement completely flies out the window based on the way the person dies. :rolleyes:

If he got murdered or disease or something it's one thing but people who die because they were being stupid or did to themselves deserve no sympathy.
    edited January 2011
    If he got murdered or disease or something it's one thing but people who die because they were being stupid or did to themselves deserve no sympathy.

Whether or not they deserve sympathy is totally subjective. It doesn't change the fact that for most normal, emotionally sound people, the death of a friend is upsetting regardless of how they died.
  • GallowsGallows Regular
    edited January 2011
    Good thing they interviewed Mike Jones. He was one of the five or six people in the stands at the state soccer game a few years ago. He saw the person in the news story.

Anyway, sorry for your loss OP. Try to keep busy and avoid negative thoughts.

Edit: Lol @ the principal randomly smiling as he speaks. Does he realize he's talking about a death?
  • edited January 2011
    The sad thing is the further you get out of high school the more people you find out died. :sad: I'm always thankful it's not my obituary in the paper. You never know how long you have. It's annoying to me when people die from circumstances that could have been prevented. Shit is lame.
  • edited January 2011
    I consider myself lucky, only two of my friends I was close to at different times in my life have passed away, and considering most of my friends are as bad as me when it comes to drugs, thats pretty damn lucky. Everyone fucks up once in a while, gets too close to the edge, takes the wrong pill, walks across the wrong parking lot. We see what happened and close our eyes for a second, pay respects, and get on with life, more appreciative of our bread and breath.

C/O
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited January 2011
    gallows wrote: »
    good thing they interviewed mike jones. He was one of the five or six people in the stands at the state soccer game a few years ago. He saw the person in the news story.

Anyway, sorry for your loss op. Try to keep busy and avoid negative thoughts.

Edit: Lol @ the principal randomly smiling as he speaks. Does he realize he's talking about a death?

who!?

Sorry for the one liner but I had to do it. Sorry about that kid OP, I've been out of HS for over a year now but still no deaths. I'd probably care less anyways as I was a lone wolf back then.
  • edited January 2011
    Slice wrote: »
    We were both on the wrestling team in 8th grade and he was in a bunch of my classes all throughout highschool.
    Why be sad? He fucking deserved it as well.

Maybe he did but you can't just emotionally walk away once a guy's been your wrestling buddy.
  • edited January 2011
    Too bad OP, I'ma crack a bottle for him too despite not even knowing the guy. Always sucks when someone you know dies.
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited January 2011
    Maybe he did but you can't just emotionally walk away once a guy's been your wrestling buddy.

Yeah, we were both first year wrestlers in 8th grade so we had a lot of catching up to do. We were both in very close weight classes so we sparred together all the time. He went on to track and soccer and shit after that but I stayed on the wrestling team. I still can't really believe it even after seeing all the new stories about it.
    Gallows wrote: »
    Good thing they interviewed Mike Jones. He was one of the five or six people in the stands at the state soccer game a few years ago. He saw the person in the news story.

Anyway, sorry for your loss OP. Try to keep busy and avoid negative thoughts.

What would we do without Mike Jones??!? :eek:

And yeah, that fucking principal... he was assistant principal when we graduated so he was in charge of discipline. I'm sure Sam was in his office more than a few times but always eluded punishment so it probably pissed him off.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited January 2011
    That's what he gets for being a fucking retard.

If he were to be straightedge4lyfe, he still would've been alive. How do you OD on alcohol? 'tard.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited January 2011
    As long as he's got dem stunna shades he'll be fine. :thumbsup:
    rg1yp.jpg
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited January 2011
  • edited January 2011
    Condolences. :(
    Slice wrote: »
    ...disliked Facebook.

Sick FB burn...
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    As long as he's got dem stunna shades he'll be fine. :thumbsup:
    rg1yp.jpg

Black people can be hilarious sometimes.