LAN Party Checklist - What should I take to a LAN party?

edited February 2011 in Tech & Games
LAN parties are great fun, but it sucks when you arrive at the location only to wish you had brought a certain item with you. This could range from something important such as a computer to a luxury such as some food. Anyway, I decided it would be a good idea to compile a short list of stuff you could take to a LAN party.
  • Computer + Cables
  • Monitor(s) + Cables
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Mouse-mat
  • Headset
  • USB memory stick
  • Cell phone + Charger
  • Wallet, including cash or a card
  • Deodorant - no one likes the stinky guy
  • Spare clothes (See previous point. Also, lighter clothing is great for sitting down in).
  • Ethernet Cable
  • Extension socket

So, have you got all of that with you? If yes, go out and have a blast. If no, maybe you want to reconsider what you're taking.

Comments

• AmieAmie Regular
    edited January 2011
    Food, drinks.

Superglue and duct tape, 'cause somebody is going to break his headphones.

USB Harddisk / thumbdrive to swap games & files fast and easy.

A flashlight, a pocketknife and a lighter.

Tissues.

Anal lube and extra thick condoms.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited January 2011
    Headset jack to USB adapter.

Way faster than having struggle down there and trying to match up green with green and pink with pink.
  • edited January 2011
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Headset jack to USB adapter.

Way faster than having struggle down there and trying to match up green with green and pink with pink.

Wow, never realized that you could actually get these. Are they any good? Sounds like a great idea, thanks for the addition.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited January 2011
    Hell yeah. I bough 3 shitty plantronics for 30 bucks each and it came with them. It's pretty small, about an inch and a half long and half a centimeter thick. The logis are corded and look like this:

Logitech-USB-audio-1.jpg

They're universal so there's no need for drivers or anything other nonsense.
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah I have one of those logitech ones but I never use it since I have a soundblaster. I might start using it though because it's annoying to go to the back of my computer and find the right plugs when I want to switch to a headset.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm going to buy one of these for my next LAN party. Can anyone comment on the sound quality or anything?
  • edited January 2011
    Your virginity

Not that that's something people who attend LAN parties risk losing.
  • edited January 2011
    Your virginity

Not that that's something people who attend LAN parties risk losing.

Motherfucker, I've had sex with my computer many times back when I thought the Disc Tray was a Dick Tray.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited February 2011
    What exactly do you do at LAN parties??
  • edited February 2011
    duuude wrote: »
    What exactly do you do at LAN parties??

You basically connect multiple computers together on a Local Area Network and play games against each other. It's pretty fun.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited February 2011
    And you eat lots of pizza, share little tips and tricks and interesting programs, exchange tons of data and get to know interesting people.
  • edited February 2011
    Amie wrote: »
    And you eat lots of pizza, share little tips and tricks and interesting programs, exchange tons of data and get to know interesting people.

Oh boy do you eat a LOT of pizza. Last LAN party I had, we literally filled up my kitchen with pizza boxes. Don't think we'll do that again though, that was some expensive shit overall. Probably end up getting a hueg kebab next time, or something like that. Or KFC.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited February 2011
    Sounds fun. Makes me wish I had more friends that were interested in computers.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited February 2011
    Never participated in any Lan parties. Any of my friends who ever gamed used consoles anyway.

If I had a Lan party though- it would involve copious amounts of liquor. I like getting drunk while playing a game. Maybe some weed too, just started smoking again. Oh, and like 4 packs of smokes.