I'm going to the olive garden

strapped felonstrapped felon Acolyte
edited January 2011 in Life
I'm going to the olive garden in a few hours. recommend me a dish.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    Just fill up on breadsticks.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited January 2011
    The one with the noodles.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited January 2011
    Buy the cheapest thing on the menu and eat tons of salad and breadsticks :o
  • strapped felonstrapped felon Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Good idea, we actually have a gift card to use so nothing out of our pockets. Leaving now, will report back later.
  • edited January 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • edited January 2011
    This thread should have said "wish me luck"

Olive Garden fucking sucked ass. The fat server was impolite and only delivered us 3 breadsticks. The food was not terrible, but not very good either. I got a trio of 3 italian samplers known as "taste of italy". Italy must taste pretty bad if this dish is anything close to being real italian. Good thing we had a gift card, because I would have murder/suicide if I paid for it with my hard earned cash.
  • strapped felonstrapped felon Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    ^^ must remember to login to my account
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    Olive Garden does suck IMO. I haven't been there in awhile but I've never really liked their food.
  • edited January 2011
    Glad to hear Olive Garden is not as good as it looks on tv, for some reason I have always wanted to go there, but there are none here so far as I know. Now if someone could just tell me that the food I see in Red Lobster commercials is shit as well...
    C/O
    "You bet your ass I could make it myself, but go ask a carpenter how much he feels like banging up cabinets at home after work"
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    Glad to hear Olive Garden is not as good as it looks on tv, for some reason I have always wanted to go there, but there are none here so far as I know. Now if someone could just tell me that the food I see in Red Lobster commercials is shit as well...
    C/O
    "You bet your ass I could make it myself, but go ask a carpenter how much he feels like banging up cabinets at home after work"

I think there's one in Langley. Should be a 5 min drive from your place.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited January 2011
    Olive Garden is oily and not very good. Red Lobster is not very good either. If you're starving and/or don't have any taste, I imagine they'd be ok places.
    edited January 2011
    Red Lobster has tasty ass fucking bread. I'm going to open a restaurant that sell other restaurants bread.
  • edited January 2011
    Professor Oak looks at Gary Oak
    Professor Oak:
    "It seems to me you have professed a desire to own a Bakery, are you sure you wish to choose this path?"
    Gary Oak:
    "Yes Father, it is my destiny."
    Professor Oak:
    "It is good you choose this, but the perils are many, take these with you"
    Professor Oak gives Gary Oak (3)Beers
    "You are going to need these, please do not tell your sister"
    Gary Oak:
    "Thank you, I will come back when I can bake"
    Professor Oak:
    "Wanna rim me before you go?"
    Garry Oak:
    "Fuck you, 'professor oak'"
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    The menu look a bit meh and generic - however its made me hanker after a bit of mediteranian food. Going to see if I can get the ingrediants to make Mariscada.
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited January 2011
    like fangly said, that place is OK, but the back is dirty as fuck--trust me, I've worked there.
    edited January 2011
    Professor Oak looks at Gary Oak
    Professor Oak:
    "It seems to me you have professed a desire to own a Bakery, are you sure you wish to choose this path?"
    Gary Oak:
    "Yes Father, it is my destiny."
    Professor Oak:
    "It is good you choose this, but the perils are many, take these with you"
    Professor Oak gives Gary Oak (3)Beers
    "You are going to need these, please do not tell your sister"
    Gary Oak:
    "Thank you, I will come back when I can bake"
    Professor Oak:
    "Wanna rim me before you go?"
    Garry Oak:
    "Fuck you, 'professor oak'"
    I missed this. Lulz
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    Olive Garden is to Italian food what White Castle is to a hamburger.
    edited January 2011
    Olive Garden is to Italian food what White Castle is to a hamburger.

I can't tell if that's a compliment or not. :confused:
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    I can't tell if that's a compliment or not. :confused:

Allow me to clear things up a bit.

41593_2228219358_277_n.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    I must have a White Castle burger sometime, and something from Sonic too, shitty food fascinates me. I remember when you could get burgers from the 7/11 for 2 for a dollar when they opened the first one in my home town. You could load them up with saurkraut and jalapenos from the condiment bar, mmmmm tasty.

C/O
    "if it cant fight back, I will eat it, if it can, I will shoot it first, then eat it"
  • edited January 2011
    Most chain restaurants aren't very good.

If I were you, I'd spend some time looking for a good recipe and make my own pasta. It's bound to be better (And probably cheaper) than whatever crap you get at olive garden.
  • edited January 2011
    C/O

Red Lobster sucks dick! I've been there a few times and I just stopped going because nothing there is remotely good.

I like the stuffed chicken marsala at Olive Garden but that's it. And honestly I can make it better than they do.