Million Man March in Tahrir Square

edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
An estimated 2 million people protested in Tahrir Square in Egypt today for the 8th day of protests, and are settling in to stay the night. Mubarak is going to speak shortly and announce a "solution".

166456_10150129422191480_699486479_8322712_6651877_n.jpg

Look at that. That's a shitload of people.

179411_10150101053078375_514563374_6219374_1037092_n.jpg

Different angle.

More:

P2011669-1.JPG

5408130148_b5e296f976_o.jpg

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Now just imagine the Zombie apocalypse. That's gonna be some messy shit.
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited February 2011
    RemadE wrote: »

qft!

But yeah that is a shitload of people, damn
  • edited February 2011
    I think Million Arab March may be a more appropriate title, as it stands now it's a bit of a stretch.
  • edited February 2011
    Mubarak just finished speaking, basically he said he won't seek reelection, that he will die on Egyptian soil and that history will judge the weight of his work.

The crowds are going to be pissed, they've already stated that they'll keep protesting if he just doesn't seek reelection.
    I think Million Arab March may be a more appropriate title, as it stands now it's a bit of a stretch.

I'm sort of partial to the Million Muslim March :hai:

Edit: Yeah they're pissed. His speech only strengthened their moral. This won't stop until Mubarak is thrown out of office. The military has already sided with the people, so it's quite possible.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    Great now the jizzlamics will have control of Egypt:facepalm: One of the few normal country's in the middle east. Of course the libtards are thinking democracy can work in a Muslim country. Just look at Iraq now after Saddam left and look who won the elections in Palestine. Democracy can't work with animals.
  • edited February 2011
    Great now the jizzlamics will have control of Egypt:facepalm: One of the few normal country's in the middle east. Of course the libtards are thinking democracy can work in a Muslim country. Just look at Iraq now after Saddam left and look who won the elections in Palestine. Democracy can't work with animals.

They think it's bad now, just wait until tourism income drops to nothing because, GUESS WHAT, PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO BE BEHEADED DURING THEIR VACATIONS.

History will judge the weight of his work all right, him and Sadat will be viewed as the only rational Egyptian leaders Egypt has had since the Pharaohs.

P.S. If I were Mubarak I'd order the police to dump round after 7.62 round into the Million Mudslime March.
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited February 2011
    Out of all of this, the one thing I really don't get is why these mudslimes would loot a museum and steal JUST the heads of the mummies.
  • edited February 2011
    Habaner0 wrote: »
    Out of all of this, the one thing I really don't get is why these mudslimes would loot a museum and steal JUST the heads of the mummies.

The people that were looting were plainclothes state police officers and others with government ID's. Protesters actually formed a chain of people around the museum to control looters as much as possible.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    Looks like the Mullato in Chief Obama has sided with the jizzlamic hordes by saying Mubarak should resign:facepalm:
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/02/01/thousands-converge-cairo-demand-mubarak/
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited February 2011
    I hope it turns into another Tiananmen Square.
  • edited February 2011
    Vineman wrote: »
    I get all my news from HuffPo and The Nation
    How nice to see liberals are still brainless sheep who will parrot whatever their liberal media outlets want them to.
  • edited February 2011
    How nice to see liberals are still brainless sheep who will parrot whatever their liberal media outlets want them to.

:facepalm:
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited February 2011
    RemadE wrote: »

LOL it's funny because today waiting outside my Geography class people were talking about this and said the exact same thing. Comparing guns and ammo stockpiling to some former Marine claiming to be buying swords to prepare instead.

My gun, your sword, my bullet, your face.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited February 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    My gun, your sword, my bullet, your face.

Rolf's kinetic barrier, your ricochet, states Rolf.
  • edited February 2011
    Whoo-boy, Egypt is about to explode. I don't know how many of y'all have been keeping an eye on this, but the Egyptians have been protesting for almost 3 weeks now. Millions upon millions of people angry and demanding Mubarak steps down immediately.

:hai: Mubarak is a better troll than that :hai:

Earlier today word swept around that he would be resigning with the speech he was making that night, but when it came time he instead stated that he was not stepping down. Oh my god they were pissed. The jovial, happy mood that the crowd was in instantly turned into pissed off fury.

:hai: Shoes were thrown, chats were chanted :hai:

Tomorrow will be an even larger day of protest than they've currently had, so it should be interesting from here on out. If Mubarak won't leave on his own, he'll leave in the hands of protesters. Or dead. Either way he ends up dead.

To those wanting more info, http://english.aljazeera.net/ provides the latest news about the situation.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited February 2011
    I think this is all about saving face for Mubarak. He has effectively resigned, Soliman is now in charge. A few days ago he was establishing an alibi in regards to his health.

In a few more days, he may very well go to Germany for "check ups" and stay there for the remainder of his life.

I think most people are misreading the army's perspective in all this. Something that hasn't been emphasized enough in the press is that the military is responsible for 60% of the Egyptian GDP. They have a vested interest in the status quo.

For some reason most people think that the Egyptian military is somehow independent of the regime. Mubarak himself is a Military man. The military is the regime, the regime is the military.
    Would America give all that Military equipment to Egypt if it wasn't sure it was firmly under the control of Mubarak?

By all accounts Soliman is not a man that underestimates anything. I wouldn't be surprised if the Army, on his orders, starts to get heavy handed and he instates himself as president of an Egypt in perpetual emergency law

Right now, the Army's lack of direction has been regarded as a dignified silence. It can be argued that they have assisted the government in keeping the protests literally contained in a circle.