Should I start smoking cigs?

LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
edited February 2011 in Man Cave
So I've noticed that smoking cigarettes makes people look cooler in general. Not only that, but it seems there is a sense of community with smokers, and it would be a good way to start a conversation with a girl outside of a club. Should I start smoking and what brand should I smoke? Would it be best to start with unfiltered?

Comments

• VizierVizier Regular
    edited February 2011
    Smoking can be a social tool, yes, but unless you control your habit, you're pretty much fucked. It's a total bitch to stop smoking, unfiltered cigarettes will make your fingers brown (lol Meta), as well nails a healthy smoker yellow, you'll smell like ashtray everywhere you go, the price of cigarettes is fucking expensive...

...but you'll look cool as all fuck. :cool:
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited February 2011
    Manly men only smoke unfiltered.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited February 2011
    Thanks guys I'll go get a pack tonight.
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited February 2011
    Smoking is fucking gross.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited February 2011
    Thanks guys I'll go get a pack tonight.

That's the attitude :thumbsup:
    Indulgence wrote: »

It is sometimes, but you smoke weed don't you? It's still smoking in a way.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't get tobacco. It's nothing compared to MJ and it's much worse for you. OP, your going to start an expensive and disgusting habit that you'll never stop. You say you'll stop but it'll never happen, and you'll end up like my neighbor, 50 years old buying a $70+ carton a week, yellow teeth, smells like an ashtray and coughs up tar in the mornings.

Have fun! :thumbsup:
    edited February 2011
    Dont worry, I have good self control when it comes to these things, alcohol is addictive but I don't have to drink all the time. 70$ for a carton is a good deal i should by in quantity to really see the savings? I want to save money.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited February 2011
    Cigs are waaaay more addicting than booze man. I think only heroin and coke are more addictive than cigs.
    edited February 2011
    Dont worry, I have good self control when it comes to these things, alcohol is addictive but I don't have to drink all the time. 70$ for a carton is a good deal i should by in quantity to really see the savings? I want to save money.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
  • TSAoDTSAoD Regular
    edited February 2011
    Cigarettes don't make you cool. Marijuana does though. :cool:

In all seriousness it's not worth the money, in my opinion at least.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited February 2011
    Buy cigs online. They're WAY cheaper.
    edited February 2011
    If you think smoking is going to make you "look cooler" and you'll attract bros and broads that way you're a fucking idiot. I do my best to avoid smokers because they light up every 20 minutes or so, and I smell like an ashcan after a conversation with them. And if you think a girl wants to kiss an ashmouth you're a bigger fucking idiot.
    edited February 2011
    edited February 2011
    Ignore the troll guys ^^^^^^^

So should I inhale to start or just hold the smoke in my mouth and should I blow it out my nose?
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    Dip is vastly superior to cigs and has more nicotine. Use it instead OP.
    edited February 2011
    Yea that would be cool because I would look like a big leauge pitcher. Can you do both at the same time without harmful side effects?
    edited February 2011
    Yea that would be cool because I would look like a big leauge pitcher. Can you do both at the same time without harmful side effects?

Dip is safer than smoking and hasn't ever been conclusively linked with mouth cancer despite bullshit claims that it has.
    edited February 2011
    I've come to the conclusion OP is 13.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited February 2011
    Cigs are the gateway drug to crack.

Soon you'll find yourself sucking dick in a alley for a small rock of crack.

Camel Crush
  • AnarchyMasterAnarchyMaster Regular
    edited February 2011
    Cigs can never beat ganja! Overstand that!
    edited February 2011

I don't recall OP asking about bud at any point:facepalm:
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited February 2011

Your posts and username make me assume you must be 16 or less.
  • lifeofbeanlifeofbean New Arrival
    edited February 2011
    Welp have fun, nobody really likes kissing an ashtray.

I quit smoking cigs about 6 or 7 years ago. Now I can actually lift a gallon of milk without stopping to catch my breath.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited February 2011
    0btv3kfy.jpg

Cigs are bad mmm'kay
  • edited February 2011
    My friend dips and smokes cigs at the same time. He also swallows the dip...

It's fucking disgusting.

I smoke cigs off and on and I have what I would consider to be good self control. The one thing I've never truly quit is smoking cigarettes though. I'll quit for a few months, maybe a year. Have some drinks and get offered a cigarette and it's all over again.

I've been addicted to cocaine and heroin and while the high is incomparable to nicotine the addiction is much more in the same vein. It's a mindfuck that stays with you until you die. The only risks with cigarettes are health risks, which aren't illegal. The main difference though is when people offer me these drugs I can say no. Nicotine isn't so easy to push aside when you're a few drinks into a good night.

That's just me though.
  • i<3Shroomsi<3Shrooms Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    Nice troll thread.

Yea sure man, go for it. Get the Organic American Spirits, they are delish.

Or just roll your own with organic rolling tobacco, newb. :P
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited February 2011
    Indulgence wrote: »

Pussy.
  • CaesarCaesar Regular
    edited February 2011
    One advantage to smoking is that it becomes easier to meet drug users. Everybody who takes drugs that I have met smokes, and a contributing factor in meeting them initially was smoking. Then again it may just be the area I am in.

Still, that said any advantage in smoking is social. It is crap for your health and doesn't do shit for getting high.... except maybe when mixed with something else.
    edited February 2011
    Okay so I bought the camel unfiltereds and a can of red man but its been making me sick and I'm not very good at inhaling yet so I've been letting cigs burn in my room with the door and windows closed so I'm constantly breathing second hand smoke instead of hitting the cigs, I think that will get me used to them faster. Plus is there a way I can make it taste better when I'm chewing? Like if I stick some gum in my mouth at the same time? Also I thought mabye the tobacco would stick to the gum instead of getting stuck in my teeth. Also it seems like swallowing all the tobacco juices is upsetting my stomach, what if I washed it down with something like soda would that help?
  • CaesarCaesar Regular
    edited February 2011
    I dunno, getting drunk would probably help if you absolutely feel the need to rape your body into submission. You really would be better off smoking weed instead though...
  • i<3Shroomsi<3Shrooms Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    Okay so I bought the camel unfiltereds and a can of red man but its been making me sick and I'm not very good at inhaling yet so I've been letting cigs burn in my room with the door and windows closed so I'm constantly breathing second hand smoke instead of hitting the cigs, I think that will get me used to them faster. Plus is there a way I can make it taste better when I'm chewing? Like if I stick some gum in my mouth at the same time? Also I thought mabye the tobacco would stick to the gum instead of getting stuck in my teeth. Also it seems like swallowing all the tobacco juices is upsetting my stomach, what if I washed it down with something like soda would that help?
    Dont swallow the juices, troll!!

And just go out and slowly enjoy one of the cigs.... fuck! :facepalm:
  • edited February 2011
    I don't get tobacco. It's nothing compared to MJ and it's much worse for you. OP, your going to start an expensive and disgusting habit that you'll never stop. You say you'll stop but it'll never happen, and you'll end up like my neighbor, 50 years old buying a $70+ carton a week, yellow teeth, smells like an ashtray and coughs up tar in the mornings.

Have fun! :thumbsup:

Oddly enough I know someone who stopped smoking tobacco for 5 years (before they changed their formula) but now he smokes again. He wants to quit but cannot for all his might.

Also this is why if you smoke, SMOKE QUALITY TOBACCO.