I fucking had SKiDROW.

ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
What a pile of motherfucking shit.

Incase you don't know the crackers "SKiDROW", they're a bunch of faggot hackers who will hack games so you can torrent them, but they won't tell you how to use their cracks, and most of the time they don't even fucking work. I was just playing Dead Rising 2 and the only thing I needed was a serial key so I could save properly. I thought I'd try the SKiDROW cracks but nope. The game doesn't even open now.

Fuck you SKiDROW. :angry:

Comments

• RolfRolf Regular
    edited February 2011
    :facepalm:
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah I've had problems with their cracks before. Most of the time they work though. Meh.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2011
    Sigh, I remeber when groups like Razor 911 and CORE were on top of the scene. I know they are both still out there but the warez scene is shit compared to 10 - 15 years ago.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited February 2011
    If you're that big into The Scene, Pre Times, and all that shit you'd see almost every release of theres gets "Propered" because of their failed cracks. They used to be really good, actually at one point the only group that could properly crack games. Their NFO's have always been the shittiest in the world but their releases worked. Since Assassins Creed 2 they've gone to complete shit. Stealing P2P homemade cracks that barely work and calling them their own, etc.
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited February 2011
    but the warez scene is shit compared to 10 - 15 years ago.

qfmft
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited February 2011
    They kind of remind me of those faggots that run around in hoodies, throwing a brick at a shop window because one of their friends got a candy bar that was only "sub-par" and then go around chanting "IT'S ALL JUSTICE!"
    edited February 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    If you're that big into The Scene, Pre Times, and all that shit you'd see almost every release of theres gets "Propered" because of their failed cracks. They used to be really good, actually at one point the only group that could properly crack games. Their NFO's have always been the shittiest in the world but their releases worked. Since Assassins Creed 2 they've gone to complete shit. Stealing P2P homemade cracks that barely work and calling them their own, etc.

I guess we are from different eras. When I was running Warez boards and posting releases to usenet I never heard of SKIDROW. I remember SKIDROW WHQ back in the early to mid 90's. Is this the same group?
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited February 2011
    I guess we are from different eras. When I was running Warez boards and posting releases to usenet I never heard of SKIDROW. I remember SKIDROW WHQ back in the early to mid 90's. Is this the same group?

Yes, almost ALL Game/0-Day app groups are 10+ years old. Very few new ones start up because there is little need for it with how systematic cracking apps/games has become. Over the years they've literally wrote scripts and software specialized to make it so they can "crack" games/apps like it's no thing. They were around but they were never that "big" per se. They were like a few other gaming groups for the PC that were around but only got their hands on small no-one-gives-a-shit Barbie games and what not. Since Raz0r1911, Fairlight, and Deviance all called it quits they were one of the last ones left. Then Reloaded came out of nowhere, most likely old members of the 3 original groups. Then some kiddie ass clowns decided it would be cool to takeover the Raz0r1911 name and carry on the groups name in name only because nobody is from the original crew that quit right after the 2001 take down.

Fairlight also is not the original Fairlight in any sense and Deviance is gone for good and never got revived despite all 3 being tied in quality when they were around if you ask me. The quality was stellar compared to what you see now. So if anything, regardless of the crap Reloaded pulls sometimes, they are the ONLY original crew besides Skidrow that just flourished from others mishaps. But yeah if you ever see a FLT, 1911, Deviance release ever and remember any of those three groups, it is NOT them, just some fucking kiddiots trying to use their name and this is well known in the Scene.

Just in case anybody gives a fuck lol
    edited February 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    Yes, almost ALL Game/0-Day app groups are 10+ years old. Very few new ones start up because there is little need for it with how systematic cracking apps/games has become. Over the years they've literally wrote scripts and software specialized to make it so they can "crack" games/apps like it's no thing. They were around but they were never that "big" per se. They were like a few other gaming groups for the PC that were around but only got their hands on small no-one-gives-a-shit Barbie games and what not. Since Raz0r1911, Fairlight, and Deviance all called it quits they were one of the last ones left. Then Reloaded came out of nowhere, most likely old members of the 3 original groups. Then some kiddie ass clowns decided it would be cool to takeover the Raz0r1911 name and carry on the groups name in name only because nobody is from the original crew that quit right after the 2001 take down.

Fairlight also is not the original Fairlight in any sense and Deviance is gone for good and never got revived despite all 3 being tied in quality when they were around if you ask me. The quality was stellar compared to what you see now. So if anything, regardless of the crap Reloaded pulls sometimes, they are the ONLY original crew besides Skidrow that just flourished from others mishaps. But yeah if you ever see a FLT, 1911, Deviance release ever and remember any of those three groups, it is NOT them, just some fucking kiddiots trying to use their name and this is well known in the Scene.

Just in case anybody gives a fuck lol

Yeah, now that you say the names I remember Fairlight and Deviance.

Somewhere downstairs on the 1500 plus optical discs I have burned I have an NFO collection dating back to 1984. I used to collect NFO and organize them by the year and month of the release. I have been out of it since around 2004. And only grab stuff from usenet when there is a movie I really don't want to pay for. As for games I stopped playing most games about 2 years ago other than some MMO action here and there that me and a buddy of mine in FL use to kill time while we shoot the shit in Vnetrilo.

Do you remember a warez/hacking board called Elitehackers.com? Back in '99 the feds launched Operation Buccaneer and EH shutdown the warez section of the board. Many of us left around Oct 99 and started warezwaldo.com.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Ooh, reading about all this warez gives me a nostalgic feeling :D
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    They piss me off as well. Most of their shit fails:mad:
  • edited February 2011
    Personally, I've never had a problem with Skidrow but maybe you've downloaded more games than me. Don't they also do DVDrips? They're awesome quality, from what I remember.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2011
    Thanks for the quality information TDR and LSA.
    I never trusted cracks and in reality most of them are backdoored anyway. SKIDROW cracks are shit because I always lose LAN play and the other groups are not good anyway. In short, I just download games from IPT and hope for the best. Also, like TDR I don't play games anymore. I just do this and that but I stopped caring about them long ago.
    edited February 2011
    Yeah Dfg is spot on about the backdoor shit. I remember I rented a room to a buddy back around 04 and he piggy-backed of my usenet account for the 6 months he was there. One day he grabbed a copy of the current EA Madden NFL release and installed it. I saw the play and pulled the install files on to my HDD over the LAN and we played some awsome head to head action for a few days. Then I began to notice some odd behavior on my system but could not find any virus what so ever.

After some Googling I discovered that the crack had rootkited both of our systems and spread, via the LAN to the rest of my hosts. I all the years I had been raping usenet I had never come across any sort of virus before. I mean it used to be that usenet was just a frogs hair removed from the topsites. When that happened it was the beginning of the end of my days in the warez scene.

Over the next year or so after that I began to see more and more infected crap be posted on usenet and scuttled my pirate ships.