TOTSE Community Projects

edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Community Projects - Not necessarily for advertisement purposes but more as a bit of fun. Projects build community spirit, allow the userbase to get together and work as a team to get things done.This thread is a way for us to establish ideas for future projects (not to plan existing ones, as they will have their own threads), and to keep track of previous projects which have happened.

A community project should have a point behind it, be fun and interesting, and actually possible to achieve. There are literally an endless amount of possibilities, but hopefully this thread will keep them in good structure. So, let's hear some ideas!

Current Community Project

---Placeholder for current project, complete with a link to the specific thread---

Previously Completed Projects

Drawball

Future Project Ideas

Largest thread on an internet forum
Real-time interactive website raids (Drawball, LEDsign, Anipock)
Epic Trolling - something which made Totse famous before
Website hacks

Comments

• LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited February 2011
    I think a good community project would be for us to have the longest thread on the internet on totse.info.

Currently this is the longest thread:

http://forums.filefront.com/spam-forum/143538-longest-thread-ever.html

It has 111609 posts.

Now, in the past few weeks, I have tried to create an even longer thread:

http://vulgarosity.com/forum/index.php?topic=4.0

I reached 110000 posts, and I would have defeated the other thread in only two more days, but the bandwidth limit was exceeded and I had to stop.

We could create an even longer thread right here in NIMF, all we have to do is spam. :D
  • edited February 2011
    Interesting idea, I'll add that into the list of proposed ideas :D I'm trying to think of a few which I can add in there, such as;

Real-time Interactive website raids (Such as drawball, LEDsign, Anipock)

I think http://ani-pock.net/ would be a good laugh, they're all butthurt anime fags.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited February 2011
    How about totse contests with prizes (real or digital)?
  • edited February 2011
    LEDsign is dead.
    edited February 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Interesting idea, I'll add that into the list of proposed ideas :D

Just imagine, people from all across the internet would make pilgrimages to totse to catch a glimpse of such a legendary thread.
  • edited February 2011
    How about totse contests with prizes (real or digital)?

Sounds like a good idea - how would we implement it though? I was thinking of a hack-challenge or even a pedobait-challenge.

PEDOBAIT CHALLENGE! We set some rules in a thread and we all have to go out and find ourselves a pedo. We bait them, and whoever gets the most/best screenshots of pedos holding TOTSE signs wins :D
    LEDsign is dead.

Aye, was more of an example than a suggestion :D
    vozhde wrote: »
    Just imagine, people from all across the internet would make pilgrimages to totse to catch a glimpse of such a legendary thread.

I don't follow... Are you being sarcastic towards the thread or genuinely looking forward to seeing people checking out TOTSE? :D
    edited February 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I don't follow... Are you being sarcastic towards the thread or genuinely looking forward to seeing people checking out TOTSE? :D

I am being serious. If you do a search for the words "longest thread ever" you will see that there are many people on other forums that are wondering is such a thread exists. Maybe we could be in some book of records.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2011
    I'd love to see a "Sign of the times" textfile/archive produced. Just a short file about the local mood in your area/country and your views on things. As someone who has to trawl through endless sources to find out the biases of people etc, I feel this would be valuable if it were kept for future generations or other internet users in years to come when they look back. The original &T had a very 80s feel about it with the hacking soda machine and phreaking guides. I wanted to see this place embrace and document our current climate, too.
  • PhilosoraptorPhilosoraptor Regular
    edited February 2011
    A good project would be running a train on your mom.

But no in all seriousness, a massive prank on facebook/twitter whatever would be badass. If someone here who is EXTREMELY l33t could hack facebook and change the facebook logo to totse.info, shit that would be legendary.
  • edited February 2011
    If someone here who is EXTREMELY l33t could hack facebook and change the facebook logo to totse.info, shit that would be legendary.

No one that l33t would browse totse.info.
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah, that's not going to happen. Then again, it's possible to do for other websites which many people frequent, so why not aim for it :)
  • Mr.HappyMr.Happy Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    But no in all seriousness, a massive prank on facebook/twitter whatever would be badass. If someone here who is EXTREMELY l33t could hack facebook and change the facebook logo to totse.info, shit that would be legendary.

Hacking the second-largest website in the world like that is doubtless not only practically impossible, but also a great way to get totse.info sued into nonexistence.

And since this forum has 137,000 posts in something like 9 months of operation, a thread with 120,000 posts is kind of over-ambitious. To put it in context, the forum with the current longest thread has 100,000 more members than .info has posts.

I like the motivation but you need to be realistic about these things.
  • edited February 2011
    Surely people have more ideas?

How about bringing around a new version of the Totse Army and going after certain people/websites/companies? Not totally sure how this would work, but it would be hilarious to strike fear into the hearts of someone who fucked up in some way.
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited February 2011
    Bringing back the Totse Army would be awesome. I am ready for battle.
  • edited February 2011
    Well, I think Paco is in charge of the army right now. We failed because no one could be bothered to get in on anything, which kind of sucks. If there's a good reason to be at war, it's not hard to rally totseans with the correct motivation.