How to dispose of a body?

edited March 2011 in Man Cave
Let's just say the worst came to the worst and you had managed to end up with a dead body on your hands. You can't throw it in the trash as it will be discovered and ultimately linked to you - the only option is to dispose of it completely and thoroughly.

But how do you actually do it?

Comments

• thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited March 2011
    Acid will make your problems disappear.
  • edited March 2011
    Can you dissolve an entire body in acid properly? What type of acid would this have to be and at what quantity?

And then there's the question of how you would dispose of the acid :)
  • edited March 2011
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited March 2011
    Go with a classic sulfuric acid and then just wash it down the drain. It's soluble in water and if you leave the water running long enough, you can use as much as necessary and it'll be so dilute you can't even tell acid was used.
  • edited March 2011
    This is interesting. I appreciate these responses, although I admit I'm getting all the more curious after every reply. I have more questions...

How long does it take to dispose of a dead body in acid?
    Does it smell bad/noticeable to neighbors?
    edited March 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Can you dissolve an entire body in acid properly? What type of acid would this have to be and at what quantity?

And then there's the question of how you would dispose of the acid :)

HF (hydrofluoric acid) will dissolve bone. It'll eat through everything that isn't polyethylene.

On the opposite side of the pH scale, lye would also do the trick.
    edited March 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    This is interesting. I appreciate these responses, although I admit I'm getting all the more curious after every reply. I have more questions...

How long does it take to dispose of a dead body in acid?
    Does it smell bad/noticeable to neighbors?

1. It's pretty slow. H2SO4 is better than most at dissolving organic matter, but it is still quite slow at it. You'll probably need a lot. Plus it won't be 100% dissolved.

2. Yes, use a lot of Febreeze.
  • edited March 2011
    BrickTop.gif

You start by getting some pigs...
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    Mrs. Plum, in the woods, with a woodchipper.

Spray that fucker all around and the animals will pick up the scraps.
  • edited March 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    Mrs. Plum, in the woods, with a woodchipper.

Spray that fucker all around and the animals will pick up the scraps.

Nobody will question thousands of scraps of human flesh, bone and blood splattered all over the place.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited March 2011
    Use lime to cover up the smell and aid in decomposition.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited March 2011
    you could eat it
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    Nobody will question thousands of scraps of human flesh, bone and blood splattered all over the place.

LRN2READINGCOMPREHENSION

That's where the "in the woods" part comes in. Go out where people aren't likely to come often. I can think of several places right now. The "thousands of scraps" will be cleaned up in a day or 2 by birds, racoons, coyotes, and all sorts of other things.
  • edited March 2011
    LRN2READINGCOMPREHENSION

That's where the "in the woods" part comes in. Go out where people aren't likely to come often. I can think of several places right now. The "thousands of scraps" will be cleaned up in a day or 2 by birds, racoons, coyotes, and all sorts of other things.

Suppose it isn't?
    edited March 2011
    Or just bring a heavy duty garbage bag and have all the gibs shoot into it.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    Suppose it isn't?

Do you live in a part of the world that is devoid of life?
  • edited March 2011
    The wood chipper idea is a little too sketchy for my liking. If a body goes missing, it's going to be investigated thoroughly. If you feed a body through a woodchipper, it's going to leave a bloody mess all over the place which is a widespread bunch of evidence for forensics to look at when they eventually get a lead on the missing body. And then there's the problem of the woodchipper itself having a shit load of mess inside it! How exactly do you go about cleaning a woodchipper of fragmented limbs and skin shards which just won't get out of there?

And when I say clean, I mean REALLY clean it. Disinfected too, so there's no evidence.

I Like the idea of having a bag to catch the gibs in, but how would you dispose of the bag?
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    Just hose it out, not like they search random wood chippers every time someone goes missing.

Could also do this near a body of water, and just let the fish eat it.

Feeding some branches through it after would help to get the stuff stuck to the blades.
    edited March 2011
    Use HF and you'll dissolve the body and the bathtub.
    edited March 2011
    Or just hide in plain sight. Han Solo carbonite style :o
  • ImmaChrgnMaLAZRImmaChrgnMaLAZR Regular
    edited March 2011
    Spirit bomb. It disintegrates your enemies. :thumbsup:

But honestly though, dissolving it in a bathtub with acid would work. Maybe cutting it up into chunks, then filling a barrel with acid and dumping chunks in would work. Seal the barrel and dump it in the middle of nowhere.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited March 2011

Wow all gone just like that huh? Dump a body in the woods and the birds and animals just eat it all up without a trace huh? Rule of thumb is if body isn't discovered in the woods within 48 hours it will never be found huh? Just throw it in the river and the fish will eat it huh?

Tell me more, you are obviously an expert.
  • LordWormLordWorm Regular
    edited March 2011
    The best bet for chemical disposal would be Caros acid, also known as piranha solution for its ability to dissolve any organic material. It's made by mixing concentrated sulfuric acid with 30+% hydrogen peroxide. The resulting acid contains free oxygen radicals which oxidize the fuck out of biological tissues, breaking the complex molecules down into nothing more than CO2, H2O, N2, and trace compounds. Although Caros acid is incredibly dangerous to handle, it's hardly comparable to hydrofluoric acid, which was suggested by someone else. HF is so fucking toxic that full hazmat suits must be worn to handle in a lab. You are more likely to kill yourself with it than successfully dispose of a body.

Now the problem with using an acid to dissolve bodies is that you need A LOT of it, as well as a rather large vessel capable of resisting attack by concentrated acids. In addition, you'll still be left with skeletal structures that will need to be crushed to dust and scattered in a remote area.

So acids are out as a truly practical method for body disposal.

My opinion is that George Fisher of Cannibal Corpse has the right idea, as he describes in the song 'Evidence In The Furnace':
    Stab the knife into the face and then wrench the blade inside
    Murder this piece of shit
    Scraps of flesh and severed bone are on the floor, these I must hide
    Pounding the teeth
    Commute bones
    They never will know
    Chop up the corpse
    Congealing my crime
    They never will find
    Evidence
    In the furnace
    Secret cremation
    You fucked with me and now any trace of you is completely gone
    Charring the flesh
    The body is ash
    They never will know
    Burning the corpse
    Consumed by the flames
    They never will find
    Evidence
    In the furnace
    You cease to exist
    Investigations fail to find a single useful clue
    Their search is futile
    Proof is destroyed in the searing heat, you melt away
    No body case
    There is no trace
    Smoldering coals that once were your bones turn to ash
    Your life is erased
    There is no trace
    You cease to exist but the search will go on, they cannot find
    Their closure denied
    Dead or alive
    You're not the first and you won't be the last
    To burn in my fires
    Corpses will burn
    Burn in my fires
    Your corpse will burn

In a nutshell: Cut up the body, and feed the pieces through a forced air metalworking furnace. The extreme temperatures will burn away the tissues and cause the bone structures to crumble into a powder, just like what occurs during a 'legal' cremation. You'll be left with a few pounds of bone dust, which can be swept out and scattered in a river.
    edited March 2011
    LordWorm wrote: »
    Although Caros acid is incredibly dangerous to handle, it's hardly comparable to hydrofluoric acid, which was suggested by someone else. HF is so fucking toxic that full hazmat suits must be worn to handle in a lab. You are more likely to kill yourself with it than successfully dispose of a body.

Good call LordWorm. I forgot to mention that HF rapidly and fatally alters the blood chemistry of someone who happens to be living. It can do this by exposure to as little as 2% of body area. Best to be careful with it :rolleyes:.
    Details, details....it would get the job done and it's purely hypothetical anyway.
  • edited March 2011

No, but unless the raccoons where you live roam in large packs, they won't finish 120+ pounds of meat very quickly.
  • edited March 2011
    Stick it in a 55-gallon drum and leave it in an alley.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited March 2011
    How about combining the woodchipper with a burial?
    Dig hole, put woodchipper in hole, chip body, push woodchipper over, bury it all.

If they start digging they find a woodchipper and most likely stop digging.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited March 2011
    You are going to need:

A knife with a blade of at least 8 inches
    A hammer
    Weights - anything will do - rocks, lead etcetera
    Chicken or fencing wire
    Access to a large body of water

The body will be disposed of in the water - easier if you have access to a boat - be mindful to dispose in an area that is not dived / trawled regularly

Open the stomach cavity and stab / slash at the stomache / intestines so gas cannot build up in there. Using the hammer, smash the skull and be sure to split the meninges (the covering of the brain) so gas cannot accumulate there - this will stop the body from floating around in the water.

Using the chicken / fence wire, wrap the body well - place rocks in the stomache cavity and between the legs. You are looking to contain all of the body - over wrap it at least four times and use wire to make sure it is all secure.

This is so parts of the body (arms, legs ecetera) cannot break off and float away.

Dump it in the water - if it is in the sea, after around two weeks it will be a bag of bones.
  • edited March 2011
    Depending on how the drainage syetem works where you live, drag them deep down into the forsaken dark depths of a storm drain and tie some heavy chains onto their arms and legs so the body can't float up/out. I urbex these places a lot, so it's not beyod possibility that some such person would find it, but the boring 'side pipes' are pretty good. No one will ever find it unless they're specifically looking there. If they took dogs down there they'd find it in a few minutes, so there are pros and cons.