Wine Preference

StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
edited March 2011 in Life
I like a good dry and bitter wine like a Syrah. I don't like sweet wines and always stick to red. What do you guys enjoy? Also recommend me a good bitter wine.

Comments

• JestAJestA Regular
    edited March 2011
    The kind you get ina box.
    No , really i like a nice red with a slightly bitter taste to it.
    i don know much about wines.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited March 2011
    Mad Dog 20/20 and Boonesfarm but I don't drink wine often. As for non bum wine any red wine works.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited March 2011
    I hate Wine. It bogs down my linux os. So why do I need it? FUCK! I can access open source linux compatible software that does a damn good job, almost if not better than shit you require microsoft to run. Nope Wine suX balls hard.
    Yaya! But I loike teh games....Go build a dedicated MS system for teh games then.

Fuck! I'm nearly outta beers. :mad:
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio
    winemaker's notes: This dry white wine is pale straw-yellow in color. The clean, intense aroma and dry flavor with pleasant green apple aftertaste make Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio a wine of character and versatility.

Culinary suggestions: Excellent as an aperitif, ideal accompaniment to seafood salads and fish- and shellfish-based pasta and rice courses. Perfect with white meats and boiled or grilled fish and with soufflés.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    Mostly I only drink reds: Cabernet, Merlot

The only white I ever drink is reisling.

And if you are going to buy boxed wine go with the burgundy.
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't know much about wine

If i buy box its burgundy

I like Fish eye Cabernet Sauvignon its an inexpensive wine but I like it. Ill drink any wine really.

I prefer the buzz of wine than beer, or Hard Liquor
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    ducklips wrote: »
    I don't know much about wine

If i buy box its burgundy

I like Fish eye Cabernet Sauvignon its an inexpensive wine but I like it. Ill drink any wine really.

Wow, we have so much in common, lets fuck.
    edited March 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    Wow, we have so much in common, lets fuck.

yes, let's fuck
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    yes, let's fuck

Let's. ;);) You sexy beast you.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited March 2011
    Mad Dog 20/20 and Boonesfarm but I don't drink wine often. As for non bum wine any red wine works.

Take no offense by this my friend, because honestly I mean none, but according to other Mad Dog products I've tried I think I will have to pass and as far as Boonesfarm goes? Really? You can buy Boonesfarm at your local convenience store. Its the type of wine you that Wal-mart sells and I don't like it. Its too sweet.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    Take no offense by this my friend, because honestly I mean none, but according to other Mad Dog products I've tried I think I will have to pass and as far as Boonesfarm goes? Really? You can buy Boonesfarm at your local convenience store. Its the type of wine you that Wal-mart sells and I don't like it. Its too sweet.

I guess technically it is called wine, but it's more of a wine cooler type thing.

And MD20/20 is fucking bum juice dude.
    edited March 2011
    Let's. ;);) You sexy beast you.

Oh baby! Let's go get some boxed wine, Munster cheese and crackers. Sit by the fire place and make love :o:o:o

Im trying to be as gay as possible and on topic, is it working? well could be more gay if i was a dood.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh baby! Let's go get some boxed wine, Munster cheese and crackers. Sit by the fire place and make love :o:o:o

Im trying to be as gay as possible and on topic, is it working? well could be more gay if i was a dood.

Dude, the sad thing is we have done almost this exact thing. Horrible. We are so pathetic.

On topic: I like fish eye also, for cheap wine it isn't too bad at all. And they make a cab, a merlot, a shiraz, and some white that I don't know about.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited March 2011
    Allways red for me, used to drink white but not anymore.

New world stuff I always go for a merlot or a merlot blend. Chillean is good, must be something about the soil there. I drink quite a bit of French too, best wine in the world, prefer claret, burgundy and chateauneuf du pape.
  • edited March 2011
    Are we counting sparkling wines?

If so, Cava.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    Are we counting sparkling wines?

Like champagne? I don't see why not.
  • SemSem Regular
    edited March 2011
    Generally I drink red Cabernet Sauvignons consisting of Barefoot or Rex Goliath for everyday drinking.

Some of the better wines that I've had which aren't too pricey on the cash scale but aren't dirt cheap table wines are Chile 120 or my all time favorite being Casillero del Diablo which is also a Chilean wine go figure.

Course I'm biased towards it probably in part to the little devil design they have on their bottles.

bw_15670_ea86c3e664fde4c4a8f6da9b2afc9f6e.jpg
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited March 2011
    Like champagne? I don't see why not.

Unless it comes from the champagne region of France it is a sparkling wine:o
  • edited March 2011
    I'm not big on wine, I like lighter, sweeter whites with light foods like fish, and for heavier foods I prefer locally brewed beers, especially IPAs'. As for Dr.Rockers comments on "New World" wines, I am sorry I will never have the chance to change your mind on this one. My home turf, the Okanagan valley in Canada has some of the best wine growing areas in the world. The clay soil and summer heat produce wines that out perform much more expensive French varieties, and on a good year the ice wine is the best in the world.

This is not to say that buying Okanagan wines is a sure thing, buying wine is always a crapshoot till you find something you like.

C/O
    "buy local first, even if it's crap"
  • kidgokidgo Regular
    edited March 2011
    the new gold label Ogio from tesco england is nice for a fish dish ! and is only £4.99!!
  • edited March 2011
    Thats a nice price, for a nice local wine.
  • edited March 2011
    Mm.....I'm a big fan of cabernets, but there are a few that have something of an odd taste to them that I don't like at all. Other than that I tend to like syrah/shiraz, and some of the region-specific ones like chianti and rioja. Generally if its strong, tangy, and a little bit sweet I like it.

Generally can't stand white wines.
  • UsernameUsername Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    I don't really mind wine, not too picky when It comes to it. But oh man how I love my tequila! >:D
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited March 2011
    moscato
    /thread
  • edited March 2011
    moscato
    /thread

I had one of those before. Too sweet for me.
  • MrBennMrBenn Regular
    edited March 2011

Me too....beer makes me piss too much, and liquor gives me headaches. Much prefer wine and like red, white and rose. Don't like dessert wine though as it's too sweet.