Putting money on the Celtics

SpeedbagsSpeedbags Regular
edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I just made a 1,000 dollar bet that the Celtics win the NBA championship this year. They are second best in the league behind that steamrolling team the Spurs.

I think the Celtics have it in the clutch and will put out an 18th championship and win me an extra 1,000 dollars in the process.

Comments

• StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited March 2011
    If you want to throw your money away blackjack is statistically the best way to gamble. Im not saying you will lose but the odds are against you winning. Putting the statistics of the team and then again of each individual player aside you have to consider other possibilities that will make this a bad move. For instance. What if the best player breaks his leg or arm or dies? You'd more than likely be out $1000. Hell, all three unfortunate events could happen to different players this season. Stranger things Have happened.

EDIT: Good luck, I hope they/you win.
  • SpeedbagsSpeedbags Regular
    edited March 2011
    Its just one of those things you end up doing while your drunk at the bar with your friend...best case is they lose and he doesn't hold me to paying the money or I win. Worst case is I lose and have to pay. Now if Larry Bird still played I'd almost guarantee a victory over any team in the NBA now.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited March 2011
    Too bad he doesn't play anymore. A good white NBA star never lasts.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited March 2011
    What if the best player breaks his leg or arm or dies? You'd more than likely be out $1000. Hell, all three unfortunate events could happen to different players this season. Stranger things Have happened.

That's possible with all of the old farts Boston has. I would never put my money on a team this early, but if I had to now, I would say the Lakers are gonna get the 3-peat. I'm not even a Lakers fan, but it just seems like they have the easiest path to the finals because I think they can still beat San Antonio and Oklahoma City in the playoffs and let's face it (sorry MK) but Dallas fails every year and who else is there in the West that can even compete?
  • SpeedbagsSpeedbags Regular
    edited March 2011
    They may have old farts, but look at how well Miami is doing with all their young talent. I think especially in the playoffs and championship that maturity and experience is better than a young cocky team. I expect to see another Lakers vs Celtics showdown.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
    Celtics are good, but that was a stupid bet

Okie Thunder