What should I make using PHP?

edited April 2011 in Tech & Games
It's been a while since I last used PHP so I'm pretty rusty, but I want to build something to re-learn my previous skills and probably pick up some new ones along the way. I don't mind reading and learning some new stuff.

I want to make something which uses PHP to operate, but I have no ideas. Can you give me some basic ideas which I can use and build on? Nothing too extreme like a fully working Forum or anything like that - just some basic shit.

Any suggestions would be good :)

Comments

• JackJack Regular
    edited April 2011
    Make a better comment form.
  • BaconPieBaconPie Regular
    edited April 2011
    I recently made a music remote for my phone. It controls MPD (Music Player Daemon) through a PHP/Javascript interface I built. It also uses a class someone else wrote.

remoteMain.png

Hope that's some inspiration.
  • edited April 2011
    I ended up making a shoutbox which stores things within an SQL Database. I felt like the experience was a good way of learning a bit of PHP, which is apparently a fucking DEEP language. I've only just touched the surface, but I'd like to continue learning. I'll probably look for some tutorials online which walk you through building things, just to get the feel of the language some more. Then I'll move into building something completely by myself, from scratch :)
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    oh cool

i just used my phone's qr scanner on trx's avatar and it opened totse. ;]
  • edited April 2011
    Box wrote: »
    oh cool

i just used my phone's qr scanner on trx's avatar and it opened totse. ;]

You bet your ass it did. Now, you can post this image all over the place :)