Looks like I won't be sleeping tonight.

buddhabuddha Regular
edited April 2011 in Life
I have a horrible toothache.

Just fyi for others with bad teeth.

Get clove oil.

It works about a million times better than anything else you can buy (oragel), and works right away. It will usually last long enough until your drug of choice kicks in.

Be very careful how you apply it. Moisten a "cotton swab" and apply it directly to the cavity. Maybe a bit around the tooth. Whatever you get it on will burn for a second then go numb.

bah this sucks.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Dude, my sympathies, a toothache, especially a bad one, is one of the most unrelenting pains I can think of, even a broken bone will calm down if you don't move it for a while, a toothache just goes on and on. I was so hurting when I went to a clinic for some antibiotics for my last one that I threw up in the waiting room and the doctor took pity on me and gave me a shot of demerol.

Get that fucker yanked asap, but be advised that the doc will likely want you on penicillin for a week or so before you get it pulled. As far as OTC meds go, ibuprofin worked best for me, as did the small pharmacy of other drugs I begged bought and borrowed from friends, in fact the fentanyl patch made me think it was gone for 8 hours, it also made me think there were rabbits under my bed, but whatever.

C/O
    "Pain, and not the good kind either"
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    Well after

100mg Tramadol
    500mg Naproxen
    1000mg acetaminophen
    1000mg aspirin

The pain is manageable.

I had a toothache once, was so bad I kept on eating aspirin every few minutes. About a half bottle in a matter of a few hours.

For anyones future reference. If you take a bunch of aspirin and you ears start ringing, or you lose some hearing. You've taken to much. Seek help.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited March 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    I had a toothache once, was so bad I kept on eating aspirin every few minutes. About a half bottle in a matter of a few hours.

For anyones future reference. If you take a bunch of aspirin and you ears start ringing, or you lose some hearing. You've taken to much. Seek help.
    Or when your blood thins out to a point where your heart fails. Hold one hand up and gurgle when falling.....Getting someones attention at this stage is vital to your health.
    Oh Yeah! and the hand up hopefully reduces the face plant you're about to perform. :(
  • MrBennMrBenn Regular
    edited April 2011
    Toothache is horrible...especially at night. Not had it for a while thankfully!
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited April 2011
    get it pulled, and some good meds :thumbsup: maybe gargle saltwater or do cocaine?