Bloop, and other un-explained phenomena.

buddhabuddha Regular
edited April 2011 in Life
The Bloop is the name given to an ultra-low frequency and extremely powerful underwater sound detected by the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) in 1997. The source of the sound remains unknown.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloop

Some of these sounds, are just kind of weird.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unexplained_sounds)

Anyone know of any more? Theories on what the could be?

Comments

• buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    inb4Cthulu
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    inb4fishfarts
  • edited March 2011
    Perhaps the The Bloop is The Blob's aquatic cousin?

That aside I think it's highly unlikely to be an animal.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited March 2011
    The bloop played backwards has satanic overtones. :eek:
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    This...

20080415-qfkq34ajkadft7xceqk529gx23.jpg

Is the general location of the bloop sound, so not possible it was machinery.

Also, the following pic came up when I was searching for that one. Just thought I'd share it with you guys.

bloop4.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    This...

20080415-qfkq34ajkadft7xceqk529gx23.jpg

Is the general location of the bloop sound, so not possible it was machinery.

Why, is that particular spot the machine Forbidden Zone?

What are your suggested alternatives?
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    Why, is that particular spot the machine Forbidden Zone?

What are your suggested alternatives?

I have no clue, but if I had to guess, based on all the evidence, I would say some sea creature that has yet to be discovered. Or a creature we know of, but not well enough to know it can do something like that.
  • edited March 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    I have no clue, but if I had to guess, based on all the evidence, I would say some sea creature that has yet to be discovered. Or a creature we know of, but not well enough to know it can do something like that.

If it's bigger than a Blue Whale, which is what I gather has been suggested, than the biomass required to support it would be huge. I suspect that would mean they would have to come up to the (near) surface, in which case I'd ask why the Japanese haven't eaten any of them yet.

As for it being a known creature... maybe this is the first time anyone's recorded a Blue Whale screaming after getting its dick trapped in a boat's propeller, hence the loudness. Apart from that I don't know...
  • Native ReserveNative Reserve Regular
    edited April 2011
    If the creature made a sound that large experts believe that the creatire would have to be roughly 300 feet long to make such a sound if we take the vocals of blue whales and compare it to body mass size.
  • edited April 2011
    The "Bloop" just sounds like the sounds that bubbles make as they travel upwards through water...
  • Native ReserveNative Reserve Regular
    edited April 2011
    thats a fast moving bubble
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
    Atlantis

/thread